No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sad part is that this clusterf@ck was in all probability a direct result of an attempt to create greater transparency around the process and the results, but instead it is generating less confidence and trust. And it will likely lead to less transparency in the future, because the transparency has proved embarrassing in this test case.

All of that said, it is pretty insane that one very small, very white state, followed by another very small, very white state, get such an outsized voice in the process of selecting the US President every cycle. There should almost certainly be some kind of rotation, potentially with a random draw before any candidates have even announced.

And yes, a caucus process that requires participants to spend hours at a caucus site to be counted is unfair. It excludes people without job or child care flexibility or with certain illnesses, injuries or disabilities.

I say all this with real appreciation for the amount of time and effort so many Iowans put into their education about and engagement with the candidates. It's just not equitable either for Iowans or for the nation as a whole.

Comment

• DNC got caught cheating and had to shut it down. It's not coincidence that the Des Moines register poll got pulled down, it's not a coincidence the app was projecting 1st for Buttigieg early, it's not a coincidence that the DNC ordered Sanders NOT to release his results ahead of the DNC. None of this is coincidental.

DNC were using a caucus reporting app developed by Robby Mook. They had no idea that Bernie's org had developed their own reporting app to deal with poll rigging. Funny that as soon as they find out Sanders has his own very accurate numbers, they pull the whole thing.

I'll say it again, the DNC would rather assassinate Sanders than have him lead. I hope he gets to name Nina Turner VP before they snuff him out.

As for the results, Biden will face the scrutiny he has coming soon. New Hampshire should be a dominant win, and Nevada still likely swings to Sanders, plus the latest SC poll showed Biden's 30 pt firewall down to 5 pts. I still think Sanders runs away with it if they allow it. This Iowa result should show the DNC will try any method to cheat voters out of their choice. Pathetic.

Go ahead, tear me apart, call me a conspiracy theorist, whatever. If the DNC screw Sanders out of the nomination, they will end the party. They see this, and they don't care.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        The sad part is that this clusterf@ck was in all probability a direct result of an attempt to create greater transparency around the process and the results, but instead it is generating less confidence and trust. And it will likely lead to less transparency in the future, because the transparency has proved embarrassing in this test case.

All of that said, it is pretty insane that one very small, very white state, followed by another very small, very white state, get such an outsized voice in the process of selecting the US President every cycle. There should almost certainly be some kind of rotation, potentially with a random draw before any candidates have even announced.

And yes, a caucus process that requires participants to spend hours at a caucus site to be counted is unfair. It excludes people without job or child care flexibility or with certain illnesses, injuries or disabilities.

I say all this with real appreciation for the amount of time and effort so many Iowans put into their education about and engagement with the candidates. It's just not equitable either for Iowans or for the nation as a whole.
        Ridiculous. They turned over the voting process to a secret app developed by Robbie Mook. Paper ballots were introduced as a response to the total lack of transparency from the dNC in the first place, and suspicions they would rig it. Early results were highly suspect.

You think this shows that the DNC wanted greater transparency? No fucking way.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not really buying shares in the "DNC got caught cheating" narrative. I've been in government too long to think this is anything other than inadvertent errors combined with fear of errors. I hate that it will feed into a deeper mistrust of the process when the aim was greater transparency. The media was in the locations watching all the counts and the realignments, as were representatives from every one of the campaigns.

Ultimately, I do believe that the Sanders team's internal numbers are probably pretty close to accurate, and hopefully will gel with the official counts later today.

The internal numbers, with 40 percent of Iowa precincts, put Bernie Sanders at 29.7 percent of the vote, closely followed by Pete Buttigieg at 24.6 percent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            DNC got caught cheating and had to shut it down. It's not coincidence that the Des Moines register poll got pulled down, it's not a coincidence the app was projecting 1st for Buttigieg early, it's not a coincidence that the DNC ordered Sanders NOT to release his results ahead of the DNC. None of this is coincidental.

DNC were using a caucus reporting app developed by Robby Mook. They had no idea that Bernie's org had developed their own reporting app to deal with poll rigging. Funny that as soon as they find out Sanders has his own very accurate numbers, they pull the whole thing.

I'll say it again, the DNC would rather assassinate Sanders than have him lead. I hope he gets to name Nina Turner VP before they snuff him out.

As for the results, Biden will face the scrutiny he has coming soon. New Hampshire should be a dominant win, and Nevada still likely swings to Sanders, plus the latest SC poll showed Biden's 30 pt firewall down to 5 pts. I still think Sanders runs away with it if they allow it. This Iowa result should show the DNC will try any method to cheat voters out of their choice. Pathetic.

Go ahead, tear me apart, call me a conspiracy theorist, whatever. If the DNC screw Sanders out of the nomination, they will end the party. They see this, and they don't care.
            If you don't want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist.....proof of this allegation?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              If you don't want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist.....proof of this allegation?
              Originally posted by Washington Examiner
              This is where Mook supposedly comes into play, according to the Des Moines Register:

[Iowa’s Republican and Democratic Parties] and their app and web development vendors partnered last fall with Harvard’s Defending Digital Democracy Project to develop strategies and systems to protect results and deal with any misinformation that's reported on caucus night.

They worked with campaign experts Robby Mook and Matt Rhodes — as well as experts in cybersecurity, national security, technology and election administration — and simulated the different ways that things could go wrong on caucus night.

Mook, 2016 campaign manager for Hillary Clinton, and Rhodes, Mitt Romney's 2012 campaign manager, helped develop a public-service video to alert campaigns to the warning signs of hacking and misinformation.
              https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...mpaign-manager

Reported by the seemingly top paper in Iowa, Des Moines Register. Either the Des Moines Register is lying or mistaken, or Robby Mook is lying. Which do you trust more?

Comment

• The Washington Examiner is a right wing paper. Here's a left wing source. The Grayzone is awesome, and this reporting is much more detailed than the first link.

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/02/04/p...as-voting-app/

Comment

• What you posted is accurate from what I've read.....but that has nothing to do with "developing an app." Proof?

Comment

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...mpaign-manager

Reported by the seemingly top paper in Iowa, Des Moines Register. Either the Des Moines Register is lying or mistaken, or Robby Mook is lying. Which do you trust more?
                    Or the LA Times?

Shadow, a tech developer started by veterans of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential run, built the app being blamed for delaying Iowa Democratic caucus results.

And even the link you provided doesn't remotely support your statement "DNC were using a caucus reporting app developed by Robby Mook." That's so absurdly different than what's reported in your link.

Your link says that he was brought in as one of two "campaign expert" consultants, one Democrat and one Republican, along with experts in cybersecurity, national security and election administration, as part of the risk-testing/vetting of the app.

Comment

Or the LA Times?

Shadow, a tech developer started by veterans of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential run, built the app being blamed for delaying Iowa Democratic caucus results.

And even the link you provided doesn't remotely support your statement "DNC were using a caucus reporting app developed by Robby Mook." That's so absurdly different than what's reported in your link.

Your link says that he was brought in as one of two "campaign expert" consultants, one Democrat and one Republican, along with experts in cybersecurity, national security and election administration, as part of the risk-testing/vetting of the app.
                      The org Mook founded took money to develop the app. I have no clue what Mook's role was other than what's been reported. Fair?

Comment

The org Mook founded took money to develop the app. I have no clue what Mook's role was other than what's been reported. Fair?
                        No, not fair. Based on your links, the organization Mook founded was brought in to provide "campaign expert" consulting, as one component of a wider group that included experts in cybersecurity, national security and election administration, as part of the risk-testing/vetting of the app. That is not remotely "developing the app".

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really buying shares in the "DNC got caught cheating" narrative. I've been in government too long to think this is anything other than inadvertent errors combined with fear of errors. I hate that it will feed into a deeper mistrust of the process when the aim was greater transparency. The media was in the locations watching all the counts and the realignments, as were representatives from every one of the campaigns.

Ultimately, I do believe that the Sanders team's internal numbers are probably pretty close to accurate, and hopefully will gel with the official counts later today.

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/04/...owa-buttigieg/
                          ... not a comment about this particular incident, but I've said this more times than I can count ... I've always been stunned that the same people who blame government for being incompetent bumbling idiots also think we're able to mastermind (and keep secret!) some of craziest shit that happens.
                          I've seen what's behind the curtain ... we're not that good.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            ... not a comment about this particular incident, but I've said this more times than I can count ... I've always been stunned that the same people who blame government for being incompetent bumbling idiots also think we're able to mastermind (and keep secret!) some of craziest shit that happens.
                            I've seen what's behind the curtain ... we're not that good.
                            Exactly. We cannot remotely pull off the sh!t people think we pull off, lol.

Comment

My wife has never been convinced that Bernie has a solid record of speaking about black issues without connecting those issues to other communities. He clearly doesn't engage in rhetoric about black empowerment without providing policies for the context in which he's talking.

I guess it's time to simply admit that Bernie may not be perfect in representing exactly what each voter wants. I wish he would talk more about electoral reforms, paper ballots, etc, among many other things. I wish he didn't support the dairy lobby, I wish he didn't apologize for Zephyr Teachout's Biden corruption piece, lots of points of disagreement. But at the end of the day, Bernie is by far less problematic on race than any of Pete, Biden, or Warren. Could he be better speaking on race? Absolutely. Could he be better about speaking to the material conditions which exacerbate the impoverishment and degradation of black people? I don't think he could. He speaks about clean water in Flint, about raising the minimum wage, black student debt loads tackled through debt relief and free college, legalizing marijuana, expunging marijuana convictions, further criminal justice reform, black mother mortality rates, etc. He does have the platform to inspire black voters, but as Feral Slasher says, he does better letting black leaders speak to those issues than doing so himself. Nina Turner, Cornel West, Killer Mike, etc. Even my wife admits that despite these issues of rhetoric on race, he's still clearly the best candidate. So I guess it comes down to how much you ding him for the blind spot. Is it worth withholding a vote?
                              You guys realize that reporting on the DNC secrecy surrounding the voting app was happening a week ago, right? Here's proof I knew we would see DNC fuckery.

Comment

Exactly. We cannot remotely pull off the sh!t people think we pull off, lol.
                                You would never admit to DNC rigging 2016 in multiple ways, so I cant trust your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X