Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Like he won't pardon himself before he leaves office.
    He can't pardon himself from State charges, nor has it been legally tested whether he can self-pardon at all.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Like he won't pardon himself before he leaves office.
      He won't need to pardon himself. After all the airtight evidence of random twitter videos is before a judge, he will be installed as President for life.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        It would be a huge hit to brand though, no?
        Yes, it always is. For every candidate. But they have always put country over brand. Problem is that despite the rah rah and wrapping himself in the American flag, it as all for show. We've found our first president who isn't actually a public servant. He puts his brand in front of his country.

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I'm trying to find the words I could imagine him saying, and I can't find them. Even if it was a non-concession, concession, something like, We've accomplished so much in the last 4 years, but there is more we still need to do. We need to keep fighting for the principles we believe in. Hold your representatives accountable... or whatever.
        That's a good start, and the Gore speech is a good one to compare to considering the close race.

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I don't think he can believe in a mission that he isn't the leader of. He's the only one that can save us. Conceding and giving a message of hope would just be joining the swamp and validating the system and he's never going to do that.
        Oh no doubt - that goes back to the first point.

If he's truly a public servant and cares about this country, he'd concede. But, spoiler alert, he's not and never was.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          He can't pardon himself from State charges, nor has it been legally tested whether he can self-pardon at all.
          I was just kidding. I would think it would be against the law to pardon ones self.

Comment

I don't know, maybe he sees this as part of his strategy for a 2024 run?
            With his narcissist personality, why wouldn't he run again?

Comment

With his narcissist personality, why wouldn't he run again?
              Either he would think he had no chance to win, or possibly he won't be alive or in poor health. Or unlikely, in prison. Or he could make more money not running. Lots of reasons why he likely won't run again.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Either he would think he had no chance to win, or possibly he won't be alive or in poor health. Or unlikely, in prison. Or he could make more money not running. Lots of reasons why he likely won't run again.
                With the election this close I doubt he would think he would have no chance to win. Age might factor into his decision. Prison (as you mentioned) probably not in the picture. He will make plenty of money in the next 4 years, doubt that comes into play.

I haven't read anything, I just wouldn't put it past him.

Comment

With the election this close I doubt he would think he would have no chance to win. Age might factor into his decision. Prison (as you mentioned) probably not in the picture. He will make plenty of money in the next 4 years, doubt that comes into play.

I haven't read anything, I just wouldn't put it past him.
                  I think it is very unlikely he runs in 2024, but time will tell
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wouldn't he have to wait until 2032? I thought Ted Cruz already won the 2024 AND 2028 elections?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Wouldn't he have to wait until 2032? I thought Ted Cruz already won the 2024 AND 2028 elections?
                      OneJay to aisle 4....OneJay to aisle 4
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the next election have two great candidates that the thought/words lesser of two evils would not come into play. Candidates that would have the wisdom and the heart to lead our nation into greatness. Where each party prefers their own candidate, but would still want to support the office of the President?

Comment

• Did Biden actually win yet?
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Did Biden actually win yet?
                            don't you know that it isn't whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game???
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Did Biden actually win yet?
                              It depends on what you mean by "win". He has leads now in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia that he is unlikely to relinquish. Margins are 14k votes in Pennsylvania, 39k votes in Arizona, 20k votes in Nevada, and 4k votes in Georgia. Counting is essentially finished in Georgia; maybe a handful of votes change (in the hundreds possibly, but likely not in the thousands). Pennsylvania is expected to continue to swing farther in Biden's favor as provisional and other ballots begin to be counted. Nevada is almost surely in the Biden column, with the vast majority of the remaining vote from Clark County. All those votes are effectively done for Biden, but they probably won't be certified as official for a few weeks, if that's what you're waiting for. And of course the electoral college doesn't vote until December.

Alaska and North Carolina are likely in the Trump column, but we won't know until they count all the mail-in ballots. Not sure when that happens in Alaska, but November 12 is the date they have given for North Carolina to start counting those.

If you're waiting for news organizations to call it official, I'm guessing that happens tonight or tomorrow for many of them. But you don't seem like the type who waits for a news organization to tell you what happened.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the next election have two great candidates that the thought/words lesser of two evils would not come into play. Candidates that would have the wisdom and the heart to lead our nation into greatness. Where each party prefers their own candidate, but would still want to support the office of the President?
                                that would indeed be wonderful
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X