No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a pandemic. dem push, led by Biden, is vote by mail so you dont infect your household or endanger the senior poll workers. Every day push by trump has been vote by mail is fraud filled. This is a many times a day trump scare tactic by trump, odd you are not aware that vastly vastly more dems will vote by mail than repubs who are being told by their cult leader that vote by mail is filled with fraud..

Comment

• I found it interesting that I received a form in the mail, courtesy of the Pennsylvania GOP, to receive a mail-in ballot. Oh, it had a huge pic of the orange turd, too.

So I have no idea how, if they lose and sue, they can claim mail-in voting is a sham when they're doing it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
        there is a pandemic. dem push, led by Biden, is vote by mail so you dont infect your household or endanger the senior poll workers. Every day push by trump has been vote by mail is fraud filled. This is a many times a day trump scare tactic by trump, odd you are not aware that vastly vastly more dems will vote by mail than repubs who are being told by their cult leader that vote by mail is filled with fraud..
        This would be a bad move if the Dems want Trump out. They need to wear masks and get out and vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          This would be a bad move if the Dems want Trump out. They need to wear masks and get out and vote.
          Why should it matter how they vote?

Comment

• why should dems wear masks and vote in person? At this stage, after months of dems promoting the need to vote by mail, what would be rationale to about face? Lets review hat happened in GA in midterms, many polling places in poorer and ethnic communities were closed, causing backlog on remaining open ones, and new software was used without ever having been stress tested before that day, resulting in lines 6 and 7 hours long, and many people gave up and left without voting. That is active voter suppression in action.

Virtually everyone should be voting by mail, especially now with pandemic. The vote counts same, the only advantage to voting in person is to give up hours of time, something that people working hourly jobs cannot do of course as they need to work to barely make it to next paycheck, cant even think of being in effect taxed a day of work to vote. That would be a poll tax, again resulting in lower vote totals for lower socio economic status people.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
              why should dems wear masks and vote in person? At this stage, after months of dems promoting the need to vote by mail, what would be rationale to about face? Lets review hat happened in GA in midterms, many polling places in poorer and ethnic communities were closed, causing backlog on remaining open ones, and new software was used without ever having been stress tested before that day, resulting in lines 6 and 7 hours long, and many people gave up and left without voting. That is active voter suppression in action.

Virtually everyone should be voting by mail, especially now with pandemic. The vote counts same, the only advantage to voting in person is to give up hours of time, something that people working hourly jobs cannot do of course as they need to work to barely make it to next paycheck, cant even think of being in effect taxed a day of work to vote. That would be a poll tax, again resulting in lower vote totals for lower socio economic status people.
              We've been voting by mail for years.

We are actually registered as permanent mail in voters.

So it's always been an option in California, not that it matters in the General, because it's going Blue anyhow.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

So it's always been an option in California, not that it matters in the General, because it's going Blue anyhow.
                Same with AZ, which almost certainly will matter.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

It's always nice to be reminded... pretty sure my county will be 60% red at least
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• A slew of recent polls, both national and battleground states, remain little changed over the last two months, with Biden holding a big national lead and leads outside the margin of error in every battleground state:

Code:
                    General Election: Trump vs. Biden	Monmouth*	Biden 51, Trump 44	Biden +7
                    General Election: Trump vs. Biden	Rasmussen Reports	Biden 48, Trump 46	Biden +2
                    General Election: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)*	Biden 49, Trump 43	Biden +6
                    General Election: Trump vs. Biden	The Hill/HarrisX	Biden 47, Trump 39	Biden +8

Michigan: Trump vs. Biden	Rasmussen Reports	Biden 51, Trump 43	Biden +8
                    Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	Marquette*	Biden 47, Trump 43	Biden +4
                    Florida: Trump vs. Biden	St. Pete Polls	Biden 50, Trump 47	Biden +3
                    Florida: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 49, Trump 46	Biden +3
                    North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 49, Trump 47	Biden +2
                    Arizona: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 49, Trump 45	Biden +4
                    Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 50, Trump 44	Biden +6
                    Michigan: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 49, Trump 43	Biden +6
                    Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 50, Trump 46	Biden +4
                    Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	NBC News/Marist	Biden 53, Trump 44	Biden +9
                    Minnesota: Trump vs. Biden	KSTP/SurveyUSA	Biden 49, Trump 40	Biden +9

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Why should it matter how they vote?
                      Wouldn't it relieve some of the fear and anxiety of the issues associated with the mail in as described above?

Comment

I agree with Gregg. Voting in person mitigates the effect of the red mirage in the first couple of days of vote counting. Also, as Republicans are far more likely to tamper with or not count mail-in votes in states controlled by Republicans, it seems an in person vote holds more value than a mail-in.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Wouldn't it relieve some of the fear and anxiety of the issues associated with the mail in as described above?
                          The ONLY issue with mail in voting is the bullshit being spread by the Right. Stop the lying and there would be NO issue. In fact, Mail in voting would probably be THE preferred way to vote if it weren't for this partisan nonsense.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The ONLY issue with mail in voting is the bullshit being spread by the Right. Stop the lying and there would be NO issue. In fact, Mail in voting would probably be THE preferred way to vote if it weren't for this partisan nonsense.
                            The reality is that Republicans have been practicing different methods of vote interference for decades. If you recognize their power and their willingness to use that power to subvert the vote, then you need to be strategic about how you vote.

Saying that mail-in voting is better because it limits the spread of Covid, the danger to your self and family, etc. It's the right thing to do in a pandemic, of course. But its meaningless if your vote is stolen. I'd be masking up to vote in person.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              The reality is that Republicans have been practicing different methods of vote interference for decades. If you recognize their power and their willingness to use that power to subvert the vote, then you need to be strategic about how you vote.

Saying that mail-in voting is better because it limits the spread of Covid, the danger to your self and family, etc. It's the right thing to do in a pandemic, of course. But its meaningless if your vote is stolen. I'd be masking up to vote in person.
                              With Both the house and the Senate Blue and Biden in the WH, I can safely assume there will be quite a bit of reform going on and since the GOP nuked the filibuster, they won't be able to stop a damn thing.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Gregg was referring to the anxiety expressed by me and others of Trump running with the Red Mirage, causing chaos and possibly leading to violence, not the voter fraud fears more prevent on the right. It is a valid point. Like TW, I would mask up and take the risk, if I lived in a contested state. With it not mattering in NY, I will be voting by mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X