Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Dopey has been surging in the betting markets, yet hasn't really budged in any of the polls. Betfair's betting markets has it as 50/50 now. At one point Biden had a 61/39 betting odds advantage.
    I saw that too. As if 2020 wasn't bad enough already
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I saw that too. As if 2020 wasn't bad enough already
      I'm starting to think 2020 has been bad only for the good guys. After all, the Trumpies don't even care about the virus or human rights, lol.

Comment

• I saw this article the other day. For a long time i dismissed any possibility that Trump could ignore the election results and refuse to leave office. Still seems unlikely, but I just don't really have any idea what is possible anymore it seems.

Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 09-02-2020, 01:24 PM.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• There is no Biden Victory which will NOT be contested by Trump--None. He will not go quietly, he will do whatever he can to de-legitimize the results, challenge the outcome or flat out declare the election invalid and dare the American people to remove him from office. It's hi9s MO, do whatever the fuck he wants and dare someone to do anything about it. Once they do, he stalls, takes it to the courts which he has packed and even if no true outcome arises, he sits in office all the while continuing to do damage to the country.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Do you have a link? I thought AOC backed Markey
            She did. That is what I meant by establishment. I did not realize Markey was as progressive as they would want. Kennedy seemed to have tried to position himself as left of Markey.

Comment

• WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden raised $364.5 million in August for his campaign and his joint committees with the Democratic Party, a staggering amount that exceeds any single month fundraising in previous presidential general elections.

The huge figure reflects both excitement with Biden’s choice of Sen. Kamala Harris of California to be his running mate and the fundraising boost traditionally provided by party nominating conventions, which both Democrats and Republicans held virtually in August.

According to the Biden campaign, 95% of all donations were from grassroots supporters and more than 1.5 million people made their first donation in August. And approximately $205 million, or 57% of the total, came from online donations.
              The Democratic nominee raised more money for his campaign and joint committees with the Democratic Party than any presidential candidate in history.

To put this in perspective, in August 2016, Hillary raised just $143m.

Comment

I saw this article the other day. For a long time i dismissed any possibility that Trump could ignore the election results and refuse to leave office. Still seems unlikely, but I just don't really have any idea what is possible anymore it seems.

https://www.axios.com/bloomberg-grou...html&utm_mediu
                This will be deppressing as hell. I want him gone, but we might not know if he until well after election night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  TW. Brian, progressives in the know--why did AOC and Warren back the establishment guy over the guy saying he was running as more progressive? Do you guys consider Markey progressive enough--I never had him in the same class as AOC and Sanders? Was Kennedy lying in positioning himself as a more progressive candidate, or I guess he was making a play both ways...Markey got the MoveOn endorsement too. I guess he is m ore progressive that I thought to get all that weight behind him. It was enough to hold off a Kennedy in Mass!
                  I'm not progressive, but Markey did work with AOC on the Green New Deal and one other bill I can't remember now. Markey is one of the few senior members that's had her back pretty much since day 1. She endorsed Markey even before Kennedy was in the race, around a full year ago.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I'm not progressive, but Markey did work with AOC on the Green New Deal and one other bill I can't remember now. Markey is one of the few senior members that's had her back pretty much since day 1. She endorsed Markey even before Kennedy was in the race, around a full year ago.
                    Ah, got it, that makes sense. I knew Markey has some bonafides, but Kennedy seemed to be coming at him from his left based on some ads...then again, he got Pelosi's endorsement, so I guess he wasn't really. I am clearly ignorant of that whole race. I was just surprised by AOC et al on the left uniformly backing Markey and Pelosi backing Kennedy, which is really unusual too for a Speaker to go against an incumbent.

It seemed like a weird power play between the two sides, and it didn't make sense based on my outsider read on the two candidates as not much different ideologically. Kennedy did not seem clearly to the right of Markey, so the endorsements by both sides stood out. Pelosi going against an incumbent--I wonder if there is bad blood there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Ah, got it, that makes sense. I was thinking this might be a sign that AOC was evolving to be strategic, playing backroom deals as is par for politicians. But it seems pretty straightforward. I knew Markey has some bonafides, but Kennedy seemed to be coming at him from his left based on some ads...then again, he got Pelosi's endorsement, so I guess he wasn't really.
                      Having a political veteran like Markey on your side is pretty strategic, IMO. She could very possibly be running for president in 2024 (if I've done my math right, she'll be 35 a little before the election), so I'd not be surprised to see her doing some long-term planning. She's essentially in a safe seat now, having clubbed the last challenger like a baby seal.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Having a political veteran like Markey on your side is pretty strategic, IMO. She could very possibly be running for president in 2024 (if I've done my math right, she'll be 35 a little before the election), so I'd not be surprised to see her doing some long-term planning. She's essentially in a safe seat now, having clubbed the last challenger like a baby seal.
                        2028, Harris will be President in 2024, that's if Trump isn't still barricaded in the White House.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So, Trump asks his supporters in NC to vote twice using their mail in ballots after the vote in person to "test the system"

#1 He's again, encouraging unlawful conduct.

#2 Even if he says he was joking there will NOW be Trump supporters who do exactly that--vote twice.

#3 SHOULD this happen in large enough numbers, Trump can claim the election was illegitimate because SEE look how many people vote twice!

I hope you guys are prepared for a shitfest come Nov 4th.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            So, Trump asks his supporters in NC to vote twice using their mail in ballots after the vote in person to "test the system"

#1 He's again, encouraging unlawful conduct.

#2 Even if he says he was joking there will NOW be Trump supporters who do exactly that--vote twice.

#3 SHOULD this happen in large enough numbers, Trump can claim the election was illegitimate because SEE look how many people vote twice!

I hope you guys are prepared for a shitfest come Nov 4th.
                            The Democrats could seize upon that potential shitfest as a reason to end the electoral college and turn future elections into a popular vote.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              The Democrats could seize upon that potential shitfest as a reason to end the electoral college and turn future elections into a popular vote.
                              If we survive the shit fest, I promise the democrats will change everything they want and say fuck you to the gop.

The gop stood by and allowed Trump to ass fuck this country it's their turn to take one for the team.

Not only will they jam every bit of legislation through in the two years they control it all, harris will be tasked with bring Trump and all those complicit in his bullshit to justice.

It's going to be a schadenfruede four years.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                2028, Harris will be President in 2024, that's if Trump isn't still barricaded in the White House.
                                Should either Biden or Harris be in the White House in 2024, I have no doubt AOC will primary either. And at her present trajectory, crush them like bug.

Comment

Working...
                                X