• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    channeling CBB?
    No, ijay. Teddy's #1 fan.

Comment

• Amy Klobuchar officially enters the race -- the 5th Senator and 4th female entrant.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Haters will hate, so there are those who cannot see. However, unless you hated him from the start, you will admit that he's doing a very good job under difficult conditions.

J
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• just watched Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar on with MNSBC's Rachel Maddow - who seems to be a big fan.

I've mentioned her here before, and she was solid. She got a little bit of a break in that two conflicting storylines have come out in the past few days since she announced.

One is that she is "Minnesota Nice," so some of her constituents are saying she can't survive the cruel world of Presidential politics.
          The other is that she grinds up aides and spits them out, even allegedly tossing an item or two across a room or berating them.

well, that works out great - pick your concern about her, and the flip side helps even the score.

She and Harris seem to have the best very early footing so far.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Amy Klobuchar officially enters the race -- the 5th Senator and 4th female entrant.
            Still, don't know enough about her, but I've made a point to watch her speak a few times now--she seems genuine and likeable.

Comment

• Klobuchar is pretty well liked here in Minnesota. Many conservative voters like her. She is a moderate, and IMO, that's the road Democrats need to take to beat Trump. If they bring out someone seen as too progressive/liberal, I think that is a losing proposition.

As someone who doesn't usually vote for the major parties. Klobuchar will get my vote. not like she won't carry MN anyway, but she is someone from a major party I can get behind.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                Klobuchar is pretty well liked here in Minnesota. Many conservative voters like her. She is a moderate, and IMO, that's the road Democrats need to take to beat Trump. If they bring out someone seen as too progressive/liberal, I think that is a losing proposition.

As someone who doesn't usually vote for the major parties. Klobuchar will get my vote. not like she won't carry MN anyway, but she is someone from a major party I can get behind.
                I am a liberal Democrat but would rather have a moderate win than a more left candidate lose
                so
                If you don't mind - Who have you voted for in the past presidential elections? Trying to see who would sway your vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  I am a liberal Democrat but would rather have a moderate win than a more left candidate lose
                  so
                  If you don't mind - Who have you voted for in the past presidential elections? Trying to see who would sway your vote.
                  I have voted Libertarian Party the past four elections.

2016 - I would never vote for either Trump or Clinton. If Kasich had been nominated I would have voted major party in 2016.

I voted for Bush the first time, and I voted for Bill Clinton twice.

To give you some other perspective. I've voted for Klobuchar numerous times for Senate. I voted for Jesse Ventura for Governor years ago.

Democrats would easily win the 2020 Presidential Election with a moderate. They'll be in a battle if the go too far left.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

2016 - I would never vote for either Trump or Clinton. If Kasich had been nominated I would have voted major party in 2016.

To give you some other perspective. I've voted for Klobuchar numerous times for Senate. I voted for Jesse Ventura for Governor years ago.

Democrats would easily win the 2020 Presidential Election with a moderate. They'll be in a battle if the go too far left.
                    Just for clarity sake - ITC and I have never discussed who we "should" or "do" vote for.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I think it's less about how liberal they go and more about whether their candidate has the charisma and political skill to outshine Trump and engage the voters. Obviously to some degree experience and policy positions matter, too, but if the Democrats lose to Trump, it's not going to be in those categories.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

thanks - this helps me understand things - many "undecided" or "non 2 party voters" really are not - you are

Comment

• Wall St Journal editorial on Klobuchar was so glowing that nearly felt like an October 2020 endorsement.
                          ex-GOP Chairman Michael Steele raved about her.
                          so did a half-dozen Republican Senators who said she is someone you can work with.

imagine if she beat Trump by 20 points while running like an adult who doesn't always expect to get her way and is willing to - gasp! - compromise.

politicians tend to be craven - far too many seem more than willing to act like clowns if it keeps them in office.

but if the American public insists that they grow up, many will probably do it. wouldn't THAT be interesting?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            thanks - this helps me understand things - many "undecided" or "non 2 party voters" really are not - you are
                            The last Democrat or GOP Presidential candidate that I voted for was Reagan in 1984. I was 19 and pretty clueless. (now I'm 53 and still clueless!!)
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• attention, 2020 election scouts: Cory Booker coming on Rachel Maddow's show shortly.

iirc, they were Rhodes Scholars together in Oxford or Cambridge or wherever those people go

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Wall St Journal editorial on Klobuchar was so glowing that nearly felt like an October 2020 endorsement.
                                ex-GOP Chairman Michael Steele raved about her.
                                so did a half-dozen Republican Senators who said she is someone you can work with.

imagine if she beat Trump by 20 points while running like an adult who doesn't always expect to get her way and is willing to - gasp! - compromise.

politicians tend to be craven - far too many seem more than willing to act like clowns if it keeps them in office.

but if the American public insists that they grow up, many will probably do it. wouldn't THAT be interesting?
                                Yeah, I'm starting to dig her. The greeting staffers thing is off-putting, if true, but she otherwise seems like a strong candidate.

Comment

Working...
                                X