No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One lie in 78 years and you would stop suppprting him, despite all the good he has done?! Man, you set the bar high. No one can meet that standard.

ETA: I will say Bernie is about as honest as you will ever find a politicians to be. I've tried to walk the line between my admiration for the man and pointing out he isn't perfect in the past as well, because sometimes I get the sense from his die hard supporters that they have him on such a pedestal, it is him or no one, and I think that is counter-productive to bringing our country out of the Trump era. It is also kinda unfair to Bernie. He is a good man, but he is just a man. Everyone has flaws. Everyone has had to make compromises when faced with tough choices. Like when Bernie is for military contracts that are good for his constituents? Who can blame him for that? But it does show the nature of the position forces one to make choices that can be scrutinized.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-16-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• In the performance, pursuit of his elected office.

I'm sure he's said, no that dress doesn't make you look fat at least once.....
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        In the performance, pursuit of his elected office.

I'm sure he's said, no that dress doesn't make you look fat at least once.....
        Wow, that is exactly the example I was gonna use, but thought better of it, because I knew what you meant. But yeah, I told the clothes lie all the time .

Comment

• Warren is a verifiable liar. All of the stuff Heyelander posted was disagreements over statistics, never lying about personal history or identity or anything of the sort. The comparison is ridiculous.

Warren lied that her dad was a janitor, when her brother claims he wasn't.

Warren lied that she was fired for being pregnant after previously claiming she didn't have the credits and left the job voluntarily.

Warren lied that she was "a public school teacher", when she actually had 1 year as an associate professor.

Warren said she opposed "wine cave" fundraisers despite hosting the same events herself.

Warren has claimed her primary funding is 100% grassroots, despite transferring over $10 Mil that was partially raised at high dollar events.

Warren lied that her kids went to public school.

She claimed to support Bernie's M4A, then predictably abandoned the position.

Warren claimed to be a Native American to advance her career and pushed more lies surrounding this claim. For example, she claimed her grandparents were forced to elope because her grandmother was marrying a Native American.

Warren submitted a recipe to a book called Pow-Wow-Chow, in which she plagiarized the recipe she submitted claiming it was an ancient family Cherokee recipe (that's a two-fer of falsehoods!)

If anybody thinks the totality of this package is more electable vs Trump than Bernie, you're nuts.

Warren's credibility is dead.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• i'm happy sleeping with a stray cat at my side, and a raw can of chicken corn chowder, clam chowder or beefaroni. ..i did do a few expired cans of tuna fish at school this year and challenged anyone to eat it with me.

i just know eating expired food will be a popular TV show someday.
            Last edited by ; 01-17-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• oops am so drunk i accidentally edited my anti politics rant. oh well haha ..and life goes on

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                i'm happy sleeping with a stray cat at my side, and a raw can of chicken corn chowder, clam chowder or beefaroni. ..i did do a few expired cans of tuna fish at school this year and challenged anyone to eat it with me.

i just know eating expired food will be a popular TV show someday.
                First, you start a YouTube channel. Then you try getting into other niche YouTube shows to get more exposure, and within the 5K-10K subscription range, you start a Patreon. That's a business.

I think Nullnor would make an incredibly engaging host of an expired eating show.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  First, you start a YouTube channel. Then you try getting into other niche YouTube shows to get more exposure, and within the 5K-10K subscription range, you start a Patreon. That's a business.

I think Nullnor would make an incredibly engaging host of an expired eating show.
                  I would subscribe to that channel.

Comment

• Joe Biden cannot defend his record, so he lies constantly about it. It's disgusting that he's allowed to get away with it, even having John Kerry lie about Biden's Iraq record on his behalf. His newest disgusting lie to avoid his own record involves claiming that Bernie Sanders doctored video of Biden to make it look like he was claiming he would cut social security. The lying sack of shit said this despite multiple videos of him stating his desire to cut social security at different events going back decades. The lying is as bad or worse than Trump, which is shocking.

This story will likely go nowhere, just like Biden lying about his Iraq war record. There's zero pushback against Biden in the media. If he's allowed to coast to victory without being challenged on his lies, Trump will fucking dismantle him in the general. You'll all have the media to thank. Fortunately, it looks like Biden will underperform and you won't have to go through that, but the fact that it's still possible is owed entirely to the media pushing his electability narrative without covering his lying or other weaknesses.

I swear, the title of this article changed overnight. You can tell from the URL name for the link "Joe Biden Falsely Attacks Bernie Sanders", that was the original title... yet for some reason, Politico took "falsely" out of the title. Unbelievable, yet completely predictable. I wonder if team Biden used threats to quash this one like he has at other times.

Joe Biden charges Sanders camp 'doctored video' to attack him

Originally posted by Politico
                    Joe Biden accused Bernie Sanders’ campaign Saturday of issuing a “doctored video” to attack him over Social Security, a false claim that ratcheted up the tension between the two campaigns in the run-up to the Iowa caucuses.

“Let’s get the record straight,” Biden said at Simpson College here. “There’s a little, doctored video going around ... saying I agreed with Paul Ryan, the former vice presidential candidate, about wanting to privatize Social Security.”

[...]

“Joe Biden should be honest with voters and stop trying to doctor his own public record of consistently and repeatedly trying to cut Social Security,” said Sanders Campaign Manager Faiz Shakir in a statement Saturday. “The facts are very clear: Biden not only pushed to cut Social Security — he is on tape proudly bragging about it on multiple occasions.”

Comment

• Looking at all of the articles on this they're all the same. None of them acknowledge Biden's lying in the title, only in the article itself. Isn't it funny, how media directs their headlines to give a different interpretation than the content of the article itself?

NBC headline: "Biden demands apology from Sanders over 'doctored video' on Social Security"

The Hill: "Biden alleges Sanders campaign 'doctored video' to attack him on Social Security record"

The Hill uses Politifact to make it looke like Sanders was in the wrong:

PolitiFact also stated that the video clip used by the Sanders campaign was taken out of context.

"The Sanders campaign plucked out what Biden said about Ryan, but ignored the complete passage which showed that Biden wanted Social Security and Medicare protected, and to accomplish that goal would require making changes to the tax code," the fact-checker noted.

"The thrust of his point about the tax code was that he was saying it does too much to help the uber rich."
                      It's just ludicrous, pretending that the video shows Biden claiming the opposite, that he would protect Social Security. Again, there are several videos showing Biden claim this in different settings, yet they still blatantly lie in their coverage.

I can't copy/paste anymore, the lies just get worse.

Comment

• I want SS protected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I want SS protected.
                          I bet if the media stopped lying on Biden's behalf, and allowed clips like this to surface, he'd lose his support quickly. Especially since the majority of TV news watchers are older folks, and all of Biden's support is from older folks. Just several more months of lying to go, hang onto your barf bags.

Right now, it's all lies smearing Sanders. There are 3 or 4 clips of Biden saying the same things about cutting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. The fact that they're lying, saying Sanders' team used "deceptive editing" shows how rapidly the media are abandoning the image of objectivity.

Comment

• New York Times endorses two candidates: Warren and Klobuchar

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...PGMMO_Pa56TD58

I like that the NYT looked and said there are two paths for Democrats, and they both have merit and a better candidate in each lane.

IMO, this shows why there needs to be a third party in America that is viable. There is little doubt in my mind that Klobuchar (or the moderate candidate) would easily win an election against Trump and the progressive liberal.

TEAM AMY!!!
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                              New York Times endorses two candidates: Warren and Klobuchar

I like that the NYT looked and said there are two paths for Democrats, and they both have merit and a better candidate in each lane.

IMO, this shows why there needs to be a third party in America that is viable. There is little doubt in my mind that Klobuchar (or the moderate candidate) would easily win an election against Trump and the progressive liberal.

TEAM AMY!!!
                              I'll tell you the same thing I would tell any far lefty who has advocated the same thing for progressives starting a 3rd party. Stop daydreaming and recognize reality.

Klobuchar is the John Kasich 2016 of this race. Non-offensive, but anti-excitement. She could overperform, given Warren's self-inflicted damage, but I have a hard time seeing Klobuchar even getting a single delegate. We shall see.

I did like Klobuchar's recent answer on identity politics. I think I could even support Klobuchar as my 2nd choice at this point, but that's more to do with Warren's dishonesty and treachery than anything Klobuchar has said or done. As Klobuchar says about Bernie, even though I disagree with the positions, at least she's up front about her intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                                New York Times endorses two candidates: Warren and Klobuchar

TEAM AMY!!!
                                I think that this endorsement could help Klobuchar gain some traction.

quick question - who did you vote for president in 2016 and go back a few years too? and do you have any republican acquaintances who are so fed up with Trump that they would vote for her.
                                I am trying to see if Klobuchar could get moderates out of their seats to go vote for her

Comment

Working...
                                X