Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Test test
    Thats at the vasectomy
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Hawaii rep Tulsi Gabbard says she is running for President.

Ma Halla!!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Quote Originally Posted by baldgriff View Post
    Ma Halla!!
    I actually like her..... (so far - lol)

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Hawaii rep Tulsi Gabbard says she is running for President.
    Alright, alright, alright!

Forgive my ignorance, but why the lovefest for a populist Democrat from the right leaning folks here? Is it her anti-interventionism, or her calling it The dnc stuff in the last election? She doesn't seem particularly aligned with positions some of you guys have put forth.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but why the lovefest for a populist Democrat from the right leaning folks here? Is it her anti-interventionism, or her calling it The dnc stuff in the last election? She doesn't seem particularly aligned with positions some of you guys have put forth.
    Love the anti-interventionism policy, especially from someone who has a military background. Only-Nixon-could-go-to-China type of thing. Also, yes, I did greatly respect her calling out at the DNC and the Clinton cabal. It was very early in the primary race and it looked like Clinton would win in a walkover. She had the moral courage to speak the truth that the fix was in. If Clinton had won, her political career would have been over but she did what she thought was right. Her economic policy is problematic for me, but I supported Sanders last time because of this anti-military adventurism policy even though I find his economic policy to be laughable. Never going to get everything you want in a candidate (especially as a weirdo libertarian) so I guess I am prioritizing the integrity and the isolationism.
    Edit to add: I do think she is jumping the gun here a bit. I was hoping she would run for Gov of Hawaii in 2022 and get some executive experience and then run in 2024 or 2028.
    Last edited by nots; 01-11-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Good points, nots. I get it. I admire her integrity too, and also agree she may be jumping the gun. But maybe not. We live in an age when being a political novice is not a disadvantage.

Her anti-war cred will certainly have me listening.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

The question I have is whether she is actually running as a Democrat.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper