Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I don't know about you but I'm trying to fit into smaller pants thank you very much...……...I know, I know-Take to the weight loss thread.
    We should totally start that back up. I've been fighting the good fight lately and the scale is moving ever so slowly in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      lets applaud that sotu!
      This is again a case where dems are held to a different standard. Pelosi on replay clearly extended hand to shake trumps hand and trump locked eyes and saw it, it was an intentional snub. Trump then hits pelosi numerous times in his 75 minute absurdly partisan sotu that was a maga rally. Note maga rally, i mean synonymous with fascist white power rally where facts are for suckers, you buy in to trump or you are the other, to be villified on hannity, der govt network.

You could verify that this was a parade of lies via numerous sites https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/fa...f-the-union-3/ but to what end? We know trump lies all the time, last i looked it was 15k+ https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/ coupled with low brow 3rd grade nicknames in his attacks on all who insist on some semblance of accuracy. The reality show twists like awarding rush the medal of freedom, who is one of the great single worst lifetime offender sources of radical divisiveness who has caused immeasurable harm over the decades. This is almost as bad as awarding jeffrey dahmer an iron chef award and having the cult followers assembled obediently pop up n their feet and applaud the absurdity.

Pelosi ripped up the clansman papers because that is what is appropriate to do when you just sat thru such a contemptible speech by the impeached but cant say criminal, for so great has the cover up been he can never be charged. The r are in breathtaking lockstep, this maybe will lead to first re election by an impeached president, the 1st re election of someone who not for even 1 day has had a majority 50%+ positive. The dems are for most part in agreement with vast majority of issues, namely a safety net for society primarily in health care, whether it is called single payer, or a revamping of aca, it shouldnt be a my way or highway but dems are like little tribes demanding purity or else they cant unite vs naked evil. Repub are like a tight parade goose stepping perfectly down mainstreet with every step as unified and clean as a practiced rockettes performance.
      awesome fucking post!!!!!!!!!!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        awesome fucking post!!!!!!!!!!!
        Random question for my own curiosity - did you edit the post that you quoted? Your version has capital letters and the original doesn't (which makes it exceedingly difficult to read for me, not sure why that matters so much but it does).

Comment

• ken, i have bad habit of just pounding away my thoughts and not putting in capitals where i should. keyboard issue with stuck key makes it take a second longer. ty for pointing out it makes posts hard to read, i genuinely did not realize that. I will try to be more aware next time. i do not think i put in the caps, sometimes i do go back and edit and put them in but i do not think i did. i am sure no words were changed so i am fine with the caps additions and thank mith for edit, and will be more on it next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Random question for my own curiosity - did you edit the post that you quoted? Your version has capital letters and the original doesn't (which makes it exceedingly difficult to read for me, not sure why that matters so much but it does).
            I was wondering about this too - how did the quoted version in Mith's post get capitalized???
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I did not edit it.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                I was wondering about this too - how did the quoted version in Mith's post get capitalized???
                That's where I'm confused now too. He didn't use them initially, and Mith didn't add them, and they aren't there in the original..... ghost?

Comment

That's where I'm confused now too. He didn't use them initially, and Mith didn't add them, and they aren't there in the original..... ghost?
                  conducted an experiment in another thread and it doesn't seem to be something RJ does to posts.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    conducted an experiment in another thread and it doesn't seem to be something RJ does to posts.
                    Why not just call Mith a liar !!
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Why not just call Mith a liar !!
                      correlation does not equal causation.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        wHY Not just Call mith a liar !!
                        That's just rude.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          correlation does not equal causation.
                          But it also doesn't not equal causation

Comment

I've regained limited Mod powers--I'm the new Grammar Sherriff in town...….
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I'm guessing Mith uses an editor that automatically corrects everything he drafts, including inline quotes ... must be some librarian-proprietary thing ...
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                I'm guessing Mith uses an editor that automatically corrects everything he drafts, including inline quotes ... must be some librarian-proprietary thing ...
                                But it didn't correct the first word of the quote. Weird librarians!

Comment

Working...
                                X