Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's Bernie-or-bust redux. Sad.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Saying the DNC is "unethical" if Warren wins is staggeringly silly.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        And what if she wins the nomination? Will you sit out like last time so Trump can win again?
        I don't know if GITH would sit out or not, but I can guarantee that Bernie would campaign across the country for whoever the nominee is, and just like last time, they would scapegoat him for not doing enough, and say he cost whoever the nominee is the election with his divisiveness.

Your question is indicative that the bullshit narrative that Sanders supporters lost HRC 2016 has stuck with a lot of folks, even smart ones. Scary.

Good thing Warren exposed herself as a liar and backstabber so publicly. I don't think the voters will like it. Howecer, if this recent 'Yas Queen, You-Go-Girl' whatever moment propels her to winning, and you nominate a serial liar like Warren or Biden, you will get another Trump term. Seems more important to assess electability than to prematurely blame Bernie supporters for failing.

I'm loving reports that Trump is privately obsessed with Sanders, constantly getting updates on how Sanders is beating him in Pennsylvania by 8 pts. I think we're seeing Trump's fear of Sanders starting to show. He ain't worried about Biden or Warren, he knows the playbook on each. He's scared of Bernie, because Crazy Bernie is all he's got.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Andrew Yang announced a big endorsement from Dave Chapelle. I hate Yang, and hate Chapelle's turn toward lazy anti-PC shtick... but whatever gets his Gang pumped up in Iowa, I'm all for it. There's no way Yang gets to 15%, so anybody he brings is is highly likely to shift to Bernie in the caucus.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Shouldn't we all agree that what's ethical and appropriate is to let the Democratic primary and caucus voters actually vote to determine the Democratic Party's nominee?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Shouldn't we all agree that what's ethical and appropriate is to let the Democratic primary and caucus voters actually vote to determine the Democratic Party's nominee?
              But so far no one has let anyone vote! It's a conspiracy!
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                But so far no one has let anyone vote! It's a conspiracy!
                Damn you, DNC! :shakesfist:

Comment

• Thanks for misrepresenting what I said. But it's par for the course.

I never said Bernie or bust, I said no to Warren. Is she the only possibility?

I also never said that the DNC was doing anything this time around.

Warren is proving she'll do and say anything to get elected. I have issues with that. I believe we all should. If you're OK with that kind of compromise you're probably OK with the Patriots/Astros championships.

I'm not

Brian, seriously? It's obvious that most voters vote their own self interests and compromise integrity and ethics to do so. I'm sure there are millions of trump voters who think they have the moral high ground
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Comment

• Strong trashing of how CNN handled things:
                      CNN hyped the “feud” between Sanders and Warren the whole day before the debate, and then shameless took a side during the main event
                      Last edited by nots; 01-16-2020, 03:23 PM. Reason: Improper tense

Comment

• Double post
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Good piece from Stacey Abrams and Eric Holder on voter suppression:

I sincerely hope that whoever the democratic nominee is will ask Abrams to be their running mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Brian, seriously? It's obvious that most voters vote their own self interests and compromise integrity and ethics to do so. I'm sure there are millions of trump voters who think they have the moral high ground
                            What's the alternative? Disenfranchisement? The Founding Fathers didn't trust the people to directly elect Senators or Presidents, but that ultimately led to our leaders being chosen by vested insiders, which seems to be the opposite of what you'd want.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              What's the alternative? Disenfranchisement? The Founding Fathers didn't trust the people to directly elect Senators or Presidents, but that ultimately led to our leaders being chosen by vested insiders, which seems to be the opposite of what you'd want.
                              I'd say it's simple, but it's not.

I want to see the system changed, get special interests and money out of politics. Minimize the impact of lobbyists. Get rid of Superdelegates or the entire DNC if necessary to change the culture. Make voting accessible to as many as possible. Make it a National Holiday and make sure everyone who's registered has access to ballots (Mail in or in person) Stop the voter suppression and gerrymandering that chokes our true voice of whom we want in office. Demand MORE of those we elect and make every effort to vote them out if they veer from the path we sent them on. Be active, protest, complain and never shut up until it changes. If none of that (if it's truly attempted) doesn't work.

Burn the fucker down and start over.

Now I get it, I have it far easier than most to try and live by the standards I set forth--My kids are grown. My job is never going to be in peril of being automated or boarded up. I will always make enough to live a simple life. I have no savings or pension or 401K to worry about if the market tanks. I own nothing in my life but my car, the contents of our Apt and the clothes on my back. I can vote my conscience because the state I live in is never going to vote Trump. I get that there are many who much worry about losing a job or if the market dips or if their rental property's taxes go up and on and on, but we ALL should expect/demand more.

Taking the lesser of two evils is still accepting evil.

Voting for a person who lies or cheats or sells their should to get elected is rewarding that behavior for all to see--it encourages it. it's WHY Trump is so fucking carefree about what he does and how he does it--the people have already said--it's OK to be what he is. At this point Voting Warren is doing the same thing, granted not on the same level, but what is voting for a liar and opportunist teach your kids?

I see your point, but I don't agree with it and I'm a punitive person. I want to punish bad behavior--so harshly that others will think twice about repeating that behavior. But I'm not telling you anything new.

I liked Warren, gave her the benefit of the doubt--not anymore.

So she'll never get my vote (not that it matters)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Voting for a person who lies or cheats or sells their should to get elected is rewarding that behavior for all to see--it encourages it.
                                How do you know she lied?

Comment

Working...
                                X