Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Georgia certified Biden's win, so hopefully this puts to bed Trump's attempt to destroy democracy as we know it.
    Hold your horses...not certified yet: https://twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status...60711506472960

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post

- I'm pretty sure this is the sixth consecutive election GITH has called right.
      While I did call the election, I mistakenly thought Biden would smash Trump election night avoiding the Red Mirage. AND flipping the senate remains to be seen. Though (toot toot) I did post this back in the beginning of September:

There is no Biden Victory which will NOT be contested by Trump--None. He will not go quietly, he will do whatever he can to de-legitimize the results, challenge the outcome or flat out declare the election invalid and dare the American people to remove him from office. It's his MO, do whatever the fuck he wants and dare someone to do anything about it. Once they do, he stalls, takes it to the courts which he has packed and even if no true outcome arises, he sits in office all the while continuing to do damage to the country.

I'm slipping in my old age.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
        Hold your horses...not certified yet: https://twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status...60711506472960
        It's certified now.

BTW, the shitbag is currently meeting with the GOPers on the Michigan state legislature in a blatant attempt to override the will of the people there (Biden had 150k more votes than Shitbag did). He's also expected to call the Pennsylvania state legislature GOP leaders this weekend in another blatant attempt to destroy our democracy.

Drinking a gallon of Covid would be too kind for this shitbag.

Comment

It's certified now.

BTW, the shitbag is currently meeting with the GOPers on the Michigan state legislature in a blatant attempt to override the will of the people there (Biden had 150k more votes than Shitbag did). He's also expected to call the Pennsylvania state legislature GOP leaders this weekend in another blatant attempt to destroy our democracy.

Drinking a gallon of Covid would be too kind for this shitbag.
          Edward Norton has an interesting theory about the WHY. He thinks Trump knows his ass is going tom jail once he's out so he's stalling to hide/suppress evidence that might incriminate/convict him and to broker a deal--he concedes for immunity to any prosecution once out of office. Not saying I agree, but it's interesting.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Edward Norton has an interesting theory about the WHY. He thinks Trump knows his ass is going tom jail once he's out so he's stalling to hide/suppress evidence that might incriminate/convict him and to broker a deal--he concedes for immunity to any prosecution once out of office. Not saying I agree, but it's interesting.
            I thought Biden pretty much indicated he won't try to prosecute ? Maybe this is related to potential state charges
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I thought Biden pretty much indicated he won't try to prosecute ? Maybe this is related to potential state charges
              That and hedging his bet if Harris takes over and isn't bound by Biden's pledge to not prosecute.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

That and hedging his bet if Harris takes over and isn't bound by Biden's pledge to not prosecute.
                I don't think any democrats with real power have any interest in prosecuting. I guess we will see
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Lock him up! Lock him up!
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Lock him up! Lock him up!
                    Ha ha
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Interesting article on how Real Clear Politics is shifting right:
                      Real Clear Politics has been catering to campaign obsessives since 2000. It pitches itself as a “trusted, go-to source” for unbiased polling. The Trump era changed its tone, and funding sources.

Comment

Interesting article on how Real Clear Politics is shifting right:
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/u...-politics.html
                        I love how the Times quote Cook. I’ll just note RCP, while not doing really well, kicked Cook on accuracy by a notable margin. Any news source that would trust anyone or anything from Cook right now has essentially zero credibility.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• "It is not in the power of this Court to violate the Constitution," Judge Matthew Brann of the US District Court in the Middle District of Pennsylvania wrote on Saturday in a withering decision, hours after the final round of filings in the case came in. The judge wholeheartedly rejected the Trump campaign's attempt to throw out the Pennsylvania vote, noting that Biden has won the state and results will be certified by state officials on Monday. Biden has a margin of more than 81,000 votes in the state.

"In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more," the judge wrote. "At bottom, Plaintiffs have failed to meet their burden to state a claim upon which relief may be granted."

"The answer to invalidated ballots is not to invalidate millions more," Brann wrote.
                          Brann, a Republican, also admonished the Trump campaign for presenting no factual proof of voter fraud or other allegations -- evidence that Giuliani and Trump's supporters have repeatedly said is in the works but has never materialized.

The Trump campaign on Saturday night said they would appeal Brann's ruling, and quickly, with the intention of taking the case to the US Supreme Court.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/polit...uit/index.html
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And now Trump has asked for a recount (another one) in GA, he can because the votes are within the recount margin and because the first recount was done by GA itself. he's like a fucking rash that just won't go away.

On a brighter note, GA Trump supporters have threatened to destroy the GOP by boycotting the runoff election if GA doesn't give Trump his way and declare him the winner. I say--great fucking Idea Trumpers--give control of the senate to the Dems and then go start your own country cuz if that happens, you'll see more legislations crammed through congress before 2022 than any other 2 year period in history.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And now Trump has asked for a recount (another one) in GA, he can because the votes are within the recount margin and because the first recount was done by GA itself. he's like a fucking rash that just won't go away.

On a brighter note, GA Trump supporters have threatened to destroy the GOP by boycotting the runoff election if GA doesn't give Trump his way and declare him the winner. I say--great fucking Idea Trumpers--give control of the senate to the Dems and then go start your own country cuz if that happens, you'll see more legislations crammed through congress before 2022 than any other 2 year period in history.
                              I love this. GOP is the "party of law & order" -- unless they lose an election, then the rules no longer matter. Fucking hypocrites.

Comment

• President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani made a rare appearance as an advocate in a courtroom this week in a baseless and hopeless effort to invalidate Joe Biden's victory.
                                Addressing the former New York City mayor, who was parroting Trump's lie about massive voter fraud, US District Court Judge Matthew Brann posed a devastating question at the hearing on Tuesday.

"You're alleging that the two individual plaintiffs were denied the right to vote. But at bottom, you're asking this court to invalidate more than 6.8 million votes, thereby disenfranchising every single voter in the Commonwealth (Pennsylvania). Could you tell me how this result could possibly be justified?"

On Saturday, the judge effectively answered his own question by dismissing the lawsuit and saying, "this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations...and unsupported by evidence."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X