Page 296 of 318 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3180

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right, lol.
    I am getting too old--sorry
    I feel like I'm too young in my 40s for my brain to feel this old. I blame lack of sleep and having young children .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I feel like I'm too young in my 40s for my brain to feel this old. I blame lack of sleep and having young children .
    I am 53 with a 7 year old--i can relate.

Did I ever tell you I used to live in Ky?

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    I am 53 with a 7 year old--i can relate.

Did I ever tell you I used to live in Ky?

Nice to see another member of the old dad with young kids club.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid nullnor's Avatar
    if I remember right the gov of KY made some pretty dumb comments and put them on you tube after multiple school shootings.

also, yeah I am being a troll by saying this but I'd rather not split electoral votes. and I know many people can't vote with their feet. but fuck it. if you don't like or agree with the state you live in then move. when you try to compromise by splitting votes, you are just prolonging the inevitable. whether you are talking about red states that pollute or have no healthcare or low living quality, or blue states that tax you to death and want to be nannys and have everyone live in a protective bubble. I say if there is a state out the all fucked up, let it.

Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    if you don't like or agree with the state you live in then move
    As dumb as the "if you don't like it then move" trope is, sadly it's worse in this context since it doesn't even apply here. All voters must abide by the same federal laws regardless of state. One individual moving to a new state does not change that.

Buttigieg has moved into second place just one point back of Warren in the latest Iowa poll. I still think he has a very good chance for an upset win there. And I think there's a very good chance Biden finishes fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Buttigieg has moved into second place just one point back of Warren in the latest Iowa poll. I still think he has a very good chance for an upset win there. And I think there's a very good chance Biden finishes fourth.
    I agree. He seems to be finding a lane, maybe finding some Biden voters and maybe some Warren voters scared off by her Med4All plan. He still has a steep hill to climb nationally, but a win in Iowa would make him look viable, which may help him gain momentum.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid nullnor's Avatar
    I think if you take away the electoral college, you take away a states right to either sink or swim. you know the ideals of red states and blue states clash, and it should be based on all or nothing in a presidential race. hence if you are a liberal in a conservative state and you don't like your states ideals then move to a blue state. the number of representatives in congress for that state is based on population. if people either move, or die from pollution or lack of healthcare or crime in a state, their number of representatives go down. and that state has less influence on the country.

but the idea that we should just go to a popular or split electoral vote is a waste of time. it takes the battle of ideals that exist across state lines and localizes it. and just prolongs the inevitable. that the state is someday going to either sink or swim. this is why the founding fathers used the current system.

I love your unique perspective and unique way of describing things nullnor but I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Mike Bloomberg apparently is gathering signatures and filing paperwork to be eligible for the Alabama Primary, which requires this information by tomorrow.