Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I agree with this. Are you feeling well? If anyone does not believe it, look at the large donations to AOC and Beto.

The Democrats have become the party of the elites--Academia and K-12, Hollywood, Silicon Valley, Social media, News media, Law--and a chunk of banking and Wall Street. It should be no surprise that among whites most liberal demographic is the also most educated.

It happens that highly educated whites is also the least tolerant sector, but that's another thread.

J
    Having a K-12 education makes someone part of the liberal elite now?

Or is there another K-12 reference that I missing here?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Having a K-12 education makes someone part of the liberal elite now?

Or is there another K-12 reference that I missing here?
      I think he meant K9, purse poodles and such
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• was channel surfing last night, and CNN was nearing the end of one of its Town Halls with one of the 250 people who are running for President next year.

it's that guy Hickenlooper from Colorado, who apparently was a very successful Governor there.

he's pretty goofy, and that may be a toupee. I missed the beginning of the story, but apparently he had a serious girlfriend at age 18 as a freshman in college. he said his Dad had died when he was 8, and he never understood growing up how lonely his Mom really was.

so he brings the girl home, and figures he'll politely ask if Mom wants to go to the movies with them - though it's a newfangled 'X' movie, whatever that means - assuming, of course, she would say no.

she's lonely enough, so she says yes to be a third wheel.
        the movie turns out to be ........ "Deep Throat."
        lol x 1000

he's begging her to let them all leave only 5 minutes into the 'action' - but Mom says no, it's fine, let's all just watch the movie.

a brutal ride home, silent. then Mom chimes in with, "I thought the lighting was nice."

he didn't even tell the story that well. but I think I have my guy.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Paul Krugman in the NY Times Op-Ed today...

Don’t Make Health Care a Purity Test

There are multiple ways to achieve universal coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Paul Krugman in the NY Times Op-Ed today...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/o...gtype=Homepage
            I think the main point of progressives, is that if you enter a negotiation starting at a point of concession, with a goal of bipartisan compromise... you will get nothing. Enter with the strongest starting position possible and then you have more room to compromise later if that's the only path forward. But don't bend the knee before you have the debate. That's idiotic.

This is why so many progressives have abandoned Warren early. Her multiple equivocations on health care show her to be a poor negotiator and poor advocate on that issue. I'm surprised that Bernie is the only candidate speaking without stuttering on health care, but it seems like it will help him more than hurt him.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Having a K-12 education makes someone part of the liberal elite now? Or is there another K-12 reference that I missing here?
              My bad. It's a reference to administrators. I can see that it could be taken as a swipe at teachers, which is not intended.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

My bad. It's a reference to administrators. I can see that it could be taken as a swipe at teachers, which is not intended.

J
                Yep, who's more elite than public school principals, assistant principals and superintendents, the overwhelming majority of whom are...wait for it...teachers.

Comment

• Latest poll -- Iowa, which Trump won by 4.0% of the vote in 2016:

Code:
                  Iowa: Trump vs. Biden	Emerson	Biden 53, Trump 47	Biden +6
                  Iowa: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Sanders 51, Trump 49	Sanders +2
                  Iowa: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Trump 54, Harris 46	Trump +8
                  Iowa: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Trump 51, Warren 49	Trump +2
                  Iowa: Trump vs Booker	Emerson	Trump 52, Booker 48	Trump +4
                  Iowa: Trump vs. Sanders vs. Schultz	Emerson	Trump 47, Sanders 45, Schultz 8	Trump +2
                  Iowa: Trump vs. Warren vs. Schultz	Emerson	Trump 48, Warren 45, Schultz 7	Trump +3

Comment

Yep, who's more elite than public school principals, assistant principals and superintendents, the overwhelming majority of whom are...wait for it...teachers.
                    That's disingenuous. You have more experience than I do with people carrying a PhD or JD and no classroom experience. I would wager none are vice principals.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

That's disingenuous. You have more experience than I do with people carrying a PhD or JD and no classroom experience. I would wager none are vice principals.

J
                      PhD's, yes, generally obtained at night while teaching full time or working as a full time assistant principal or subject matter supervisor. JD's in education leadership are very rare outside of the very largest school districts, which may have in-house legal departments or lawyers overseeing large procurement functions. On a district-by-district basis, very few K-12 administrators outside of the business, facilities, food and transportation departments have no classroom/school-based experience.

Comment

PhD's, yes, generally obtained at night while teaching full time or working as a full time assistant principal or subject matter supervisor. JD's in education leadership are very rare outside of the very largest school districts, which may have in-house legal departments or lawyers overseeing large procurement functions. On a district-by-district basis, very few K-12 administrators outside of the business, facilities, food and transportation departments have no classroom/school-based experience.
                        I concede the point.

Tom Udall of NM is stepping down from the Senate. That takes a sure Democratic seat and makes it only a likely.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Some thoughts: Biden is taking a beating right now. I thought the Abrams VP trick might be okay for him, but mainstream media hates the idea just as much as my lefty channels do. They also hate his floating "1 term only". Apparently he did this VP shtick in the past with Elizabeth Warren being his dual-ticket at the time. Anybody remember this?

Biden's delay, I heard somewhere about a month ago, is due to him not wanting to reveal his 1st quarter fundraising. So he's waiting until April so that he can get through a couple of debates with positive momentum, rather than being hounded as to why all the big money donors are with Beto.

Also, did anybody see that Emerson poll with Buttigieg up to 3rd with 11% of the vote in Iowa? He's surged past Harris, Warren, and Beto. Interesting. Maybe "mayor Pete" will catch fire?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...place-new-poll
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Another point, fuck Andrew Yang. He's trying to forge a lane out of libertarian policy and xenophobic rhetoric. Here's an article from alt-right site The Daily Stormer, titled "Transracial White Chinaman Stands Up For White Men...!"

https://dailystormer.name/transracia...for-white-men/

His tweet about white birth rates is disgusting. Oh, he is also suggesting an annual salary for the President of $4 Mil/yr... kinda cart before the horse, there... but another small tick in the "fuck this guy" column.

Comment

• Latest poll - Pennsylvania. Trump won PA by 1.2% in the 2016 election.

Code:
                              Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	Emerson	Biden 55, Trump 45	Biden +10
                              Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Sanders 55, Trump 45	Sanders +10
                              Pennsylvania: Trump vs. O'Rourke	Emerson	O'Rourke 51, Trump 49	O'Rourke +2
                              Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Harris 51, Trump 48	Harris +3
                              Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Warren 52, Trump 48	Warren +4

Comment

• If Trump wins Pennsylvania again, that's ballgame over, so the Democrats definitely need to win that state.

Comment

Working...
                                X