Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    The premise makes sense--it should cost less to cut out middle men making billions and reducing half a trillion in paperwork and processing a year. I guess the only thing left unsaid is when he says "tax the rich" how far down will he actually go before he gets what he needs to fund it? Can taxing just millionaires get it done? Nots, I think you have shown the math on this suggesting it is not possible. Will the middle class folks who have employer health insurance end up not just losing choices, but paying more? That assumption is pretty much why getting this passed is impossible. Is it valid?
    If Sanders is elected, all it will take is them Dems to hold the house and pull even in the senate. There are 21 GOP seats up and 12 Dem seats up in the senate, flipping 5 gives them a tie with 2 Independents (who've voted Dem pretty much) That gives the tie breaker to the D VP. If this happens, M4All will be at the very least, implemented ASAP.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      The premise makes sense--it should cost less to cut out middle men making billions and reducing half a trillion in paperwork and processing a year. I guess the only thing left unsaid is when he says "tax the rich" how far down will he actually go before he gets what he needs to fund it? Can taxing just millionaires get it done? Nots, I think you have shown the math on this suggesting it is not possible. Will the middle class folks who have employer health insurance end up not just losing choices, but paying more? That assumption is pretty much why getting this passed is impossible. Is it valid?
      This was an interesting article. The chart in section 3 is very telling.

---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        If Sanders is elected, all it will take is them Dems to hold the house and pull even in the senate. There are 21 GOP seats up and 12 Dem seats up in the senate, flipping 5 gives them a tie with 2 Independents (who've voted Dem pretty much) That gives the tie breaker to the D VP. If this happens, M4All will be at the very least, implemented ASAP.
        That assumes all the blue dog and other moderate dems would vote for it. I do not think they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          Last 4 days the Boston Globe/Suffolk New Hampshire poll has gone:
          Wednesday: Sanders +9
          Thursday: Sanders +6
          Friday: Sanders +1
          Saturday: Buttigieg +1.
          Not sure if I’m buying it, but if true, that would be quite a surge.
          It does seem like he is rising, put that particular poll appears to be an outlier.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            It does seem like he is rising, put that particular poll appears to be an outlier.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...new-hampshire/
            I was referencing the trend, not the latest result. Picking up 10 points in 4 days is a huge bump.

Comment

I was referencing the trend, not the latest result. Picking up 10 points in 4 days is a huge bump.
              yes, as I mentioned, I agree Pete is trending up. but that is the only poll that shows the huge level of increase. So it is tough to say if it is real. He is going to get crushed in the next month anyway so he better enjoy it.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                yes, as I mentioned, I agree Pete is trending up. but that is the only poll that shows the huge level of increase. So it is tough to say if it is real. He is going to get crushed in the next month anyway so he better enjoy it.
                Actually Emerson is a bit stronger in its trend:
                Tuesday Sanders +19
                Wednesday Sanders+15
                Thursday +10
                Friday +9
                Saturday +7

If Pete wins N.H. and Nevada (did you see what the Culinary union did today), SC could get very interesting for 5e rest of the field.
                Last edited by nots; 02-08-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Yes, Emerson too:
                  Tuesday Sanders +19
                  Wednesday Sanders+15
                  Thursday +10
                  Friday +9
                  Saturday +7
                  interesting, apparently they show a huge shift as well, which I didn't notice. Still showing Sanders with a good lead which I guess is what I was focused on rather than the trend as you noted.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Actually Emerson is a bit stronger in its trend:
                    Tuesday Sanders +19
                    Wednesday Sanders+15
                    Thursday +10
                    Friday +9
                    Saturday +7

If Pete wins N.H. and Nevada (did you see what the Culinary union did today), SC could get very interesting for 5e rest of the field.
                    It would, but look at the Nevada polls. Mayochup Pete is going to have to outperform drastically in both states to win. Nevada looks impossible....and then he will get crushed in SC. His debate answer regarding Marijuana arrests (to stop the "slaughter" in South Bend) as well as his record as a mayor make him pretty toxic. Though I'll admit I never thought he would compete in Iowa and NH. So I could be wrong.

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I usually hate talking all the polls and strategy stuff regarding elections, but I do find this race very interesting. With Pete rising, Biden sinking (but still leading in national polls), Klobuchar getting good press and Bloomberg lurking it is a pretty fascinating race to follow.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• you guys were talking about money earlier? not sure anyone's actually looked at the net worth of politicians, but Sanders would be the poorest Senator in history. it's pretty alarming how rich every politician is.

no more of that worshiping the lifestyles of the rich and famous robin leach shit. life isn't a reality tv show, yet we worship them, and they screw us in our adulation.

Comment

• ………….K...……..
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• TW you are not even from this country. and you're going to lead all of us, good luck with that.

you are going to find a lot other countries less acceptable to it

Comment

• i know when i talk to french people in france, when i talk to them in english, it doesn't matter what i say if i can't say it in french. and i imagine it's the same way here spanish to english.

to be honest, you really don't even have a right to comment on American politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                ………….K...……..
                                and your one vote is gonna save the world? we are only debating ourselves. you are wasting your time man on useless politics.

it's a soap opera. Trump has it right. it's natural what it's become. he just got us to it's uselessness quicker. 10 years from now you'll be saying the same thing. but you should be saying it now instead of believing there is a savior. it's true.

Comment

Working...
                                X