Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Are we really equating a minor typo by Chance with a ridiculously, over sensationalized, tweet from a newly elected official who has consistently gotten out over her Skis? That seems disingenuous. She is seemingly leading this new wave of progressives in this movement but IMO often doesn’t understand what the heck she is talking about. Now, I’ll give her some latitude because she’s young, new to the world of politics, and particularly to politics on the national stage, but someone needs to be a better mentor to her if she is somehow going to be the standard bearer.
    Im waiting for her inauguration...
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Are we really equating a minor typo by Chance with a ridiculously, over sensationalized, tweet from a newly elected official who has consistently gotten out over her Skis? That seems disingenuous. She is seemingly leading this new wave of progressives in this movement but IMO often doesn’t understand what the heck she is talking about. Now, I’ll give her some latitude because she’s young, new to the world of politics, and particularly to politics on the national stage, but someone needs to be a better mentor to her if she is somehow going to be the standard bearer.
      Or, she will continue to fumble, and she will lose her new toy luster, and someone else will take the mantle. Time will tell. I'm just saying reading into her motives or competency based on just one erroneous tweet seems unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        You don't think it is possible she simply skimmed something looking to fit her narrative, saw something she thought did, and used it? It is easy to do. You thought gcstomp was the one who used 21 million. I'm not giving her a pass on blasting out something so dumb. It was irresponsible and embarrassing for her. But let's see if she keeps doing these things before labeling her another Pailin. If she does, I'll agree with you. But as of now, this is just one careless, dumb mistake.
        Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
          Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs.
          I'm gonna pass the baton on her, because I actually agree she may be over hyped. This started with what I thought was me agreeing with you about her tweet, and I only defended her against the notion that it must have been willfully dishonest. I even said it might be. I thought my assessment of her was pretty stern, but I guess not damning enough for some. She is probably one or two more fumbles away from being benched as the poster girl of the future of the party.

Comment

Or, she will continue to fumble, and she will lose her new toy luster, and someone else will take the mantle. Time will tell. I'm just saying reading into her motives or competency based on just one erroneous tweet seems unfair.
            Although I’m too lazy this morning to link other examples, this isn’t the first time she gotten over she’s skis. But, then again, she could do worse. (See our current President!)
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'm gonna pass the baton on her, because I actually agree she may be over hyped. This started with what I thought was me agreeing with you about her tweet, and I only defended her against the notion that it must have been willfully dishonest. I even said it might be. I thought my assessment of her was pretty stern, but I guess not damning enough for some. She is probably one or two more fumbles away from being benched as the poster girl of the future of the party.
              Although I am not a Democrat or progressive, I kind of want to like her. Same with Beto. I just think she’s trying too hard to be something she isn’t, at least not yet she isn’t.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

On the plus side, her error has brought more attention to what I think is an important issue. Wouldn't you agree, it is concerning that the Pentagon has made $21 trillion untracable transaction over 17 years? I'd think you would, based on what I know of your stances on government waste and inefficiency.

Comment

Although I am not a Democrat or progressive, I kind of want to like her. Same with Beto. I just think she’s trying too hard to be something she isn’t, at least not yet she isn’t.
                  IDK. I like them both too, but there is something to be said for experience and a track record. Progressives do sometimes prefer passion and style over substance in their leaders... actually, I guess both sides do.

Comment

On the plus side, her error has brought more attention to what I think is an important issue. Wouldn't you agree, it is concerning that the Pentagon has made $21 trillion untracable transaction over 17 years? I'd think you would, based on what I know of your stances on government waste and inefficiency.
                    Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile. Yes, she could’ve capitalized much better IMO by just linking the article and saying this level of waste is shameful. But if she is becoming a leader within her party, then she has to do more than skim. Look what skimming got us in the White House! And, apparently he doesn’t even skim!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      IDK. I like them both too, but there is something to be said for experience and a track record. Progressives do sometimes prefer passion and style over substance in their leaders... actually, I guess both sides do.

Apparently my “former” side couldn’t care less about substance. Edited to add: or style.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I thought my assessment of her was pretty stern, but I guess not damning enough for some. .
                        That’s exactly how some of us feel about our assessment of Trump by others in the bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          That’s exactly how some of us feel about our assessment of Trump by others in the bar.
                          I realize that, but I think it is a very poor comparison. My thoughts on Trump are well established. Do you really think Cortez is deserving of the same level of scorn and criticism as Trump?

Comment

I realize that, but I think it is a very poor comparison. My thoughts on Trump are well established. Do you really think Cortez is deserving of the same level of scorn and criticism as Trump?
                            I think that’s a poor question. No one has ever said that.
                            What I am saying is that some of us have made our feelings about Trump known, yet we are considered Trump supporters because we aren’t as negative towards him as some others. Which is exactly how you felt about the reaction to your ‘support’ of her tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              I think that’s a poor question. No one has ever said that.
                              What I am saying is that some of us have made our feelings about Trump known, yet we are considered Trump supporters because we aren’t as negative towards him as some others. Which is exactly how you felt about the reaction to your ‘support’ of her tweet.
                              I'll second this. Any fair assessment of Trump's first two years would be positive but most are not interested in fair. If anyone finds any reason to argue Trump's side he or she is condemned as a lunatic.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I'll second this. Any fair assessment of Trump's first two years would be positive but most are not interested in fair. If anyone finds any reason to argue Trump's side he or she is condemned as a lunatic.

J
                                LOL @ "I'll second" nots's expressed concern that his negative assessments of Trump haven't been deemed harsh enough, with the triple axel into "Any fair assessment of Trump's first two years would be positive but most are not interested in fair."

Edit to add: I didn't want to leave Bernie hanging as the only guy making winter sports analogies.

Comment

Working...
                                X