Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    You guys understand I'm speaking about his electability and not his character, right? I don't think he's a monster, I think he's monstrously flawed, a surefire loser vs Trump. These indiscretions rank far down my list of reasons he's a bad candidate for the job, but they rank fairly high up in showcasing his vulnerability, and why he would lose.

I'll repeat for the 10th time, I hope Joe Biden does run. I hope he loses based on his track record with Anita Hill, Biden crime bill, war in Iraq, writing the Patriot Act, removing consumer bankruptcy protections, comments against desegregated buses, as opposed to his creepiness.
    Polls consistently show him ahead of Trump, what is the secret source that you have access to that makes you so confident he'd lose?

I think he's going to run because he knows he's a front-runner and he hates Trump.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Polls consistently show him ahead of Trump, what is the secret source that you have access to that makes you so confident he'd lose?

I think he's going to run because he knows he's a front-runner and he hates Trump.
      We have a major disagreement on the accuracy of polling at this point in time. I feel like primary polling 20 months out is about as accurate a projection as spring training statistics. Most of it is just noise.

Ultimately, I think Trump won with the strongest message to the working class. Unless the economy tanks, Trump could win again. I believe Sanders' populist messaging will inspire the needed turnout from the largest voting base (millenials) to overcome Trump, and Biden simply wouldn't.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

We have a major disagreement on the accuracy of polling at this point in time. I feel like primary polling 20 months out is about as accurate a projection as spring training statistics. Most of it is just noise.

Ultimately, I think Trump won with the strongest message to the working class. Unless the economy tanks, Trump could win again. I believe Sanders' populist messaging will inspire the needed turnout from the largest voting base (millenials) to overcome Trump, and Biden simply wouldn't.
        Strongly disagree.

The reality is that the GOP has won the popular vote just ONCE since 1988(!) So we know the Dems will do well. But due to the EC, we need to know where. And obviously, the key battleground states are MI, PA, OH, FL & WI. If the Dems play well in just a couple of those states, they should be able to win. Therefore, solid early showings in MI & PA, which we’ve already seen, and some stronger than expected showings in TX, IA and others, shows the Dems do have a very good chance to win. Can it change? Sure, but it’s not like Trump’s popularity has changed at all since Election Day 2016.

So as long as the Dems don’t fuck it up in those key states — and one of those, PA, is Biden’s home state — they stand a good chance.

Comment

• there are maybe a couple of other states in play - but basically yes.

it depresses me how the vast majority of Americans long ago already made their 2020 Presidential election vote decision - this laundry, or that laundry.

but it would be foolish to ignore reality. it is what it is.

if the Dems run a candidate who won't resonate with Rust Belt voters in the Midwest, how can they possibly win the Electoral College?
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• WaPo seems to be anti-Sanders.

Check out @davidsirota’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/davidsirota/stat...743787008?s=09
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              WaPo seems to be anti-Sanders.

Check out @davidsirota’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/davidsirota/stat...743787008?s=09
              Do you think it is coming from Bezos? Id think he'd be happy to have anyone replace Trump, given that Trump has it out for him. Bezos does strike me as a different sort of Billionaire than Gates and Buffet? He doesn't seem as generous. Maybe he fears Sanders' taxes. More likely he has no direct impact on content, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bezos is against Sanders.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-04-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Do you think it is coming from Bezos? Id think he'd be happy to have anyone replace Trump, given that Trump has it out for him. Bezos does strike me as a different sort of Billionaire than Gates and Buffet? He doesn't seem as generous. Maybe he fears Sanders' taxes. More likely he has no direct impact on content, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bezos is against Sanders.
                Bezos HATES Sanders, as Sanders pressured Amazon to raise their minimum wage to $15/hr (same as he did with Walmart, successfully, and Disney, hasn't happened yet, I don't think)

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...azon-ro-khanna
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• CNN interviewed the author of "Bernie Sanders has emerged as the Donald Trump of the left" Op-ed from WaPo yesterday. He says it's weird that Bernie is skating on the sexual harassment issue (for fuck sake... they have NEVER brought it up for the other candidates! They are skating on it! He addressed it!)... and he finishes the piece saying "It's not a coincidence, I think, that the first accuser of Joe Biden was a 2016 Sanders volunteer."... So after Morning Joe, and CNN, and The View all go out and repeat this smear against Lucy Flores as a secret Bernie Sanders conspirator, Stacey Abrams was on Morning Joe this morning and stated that she is "friends with Lucy Flores"... The reality is that Lucy Flores was part the Our Revolution board, and left under bad terms. She's not working for Sanders, and now that 3 more specific claims have come forward, they still want to claim "Oh, but the 1st one was a Bernie Bro"... It's ludicrous. The guy who wrote the article is married to the head of John Hickenlooper's campaign, and although that's footnoted at the end of his WaPo story, it's never mentioned in his 6 mins on CNN.

Here's some response from Bernie's campaign manager, and then the bullshit follow-up from Daily Wire "both sides"-ism. Giving equal credence to the smears. Such garbage journalism.

"Neither the Bernie Sanders campaign nor anyone involved in it, planted, planned, persuaded, cajoled or otherwise urged Lucy Flores or anyone else to tell their story. Full stop, period, end of sentence. I don't want to hear it. We didn’t play a role," Bernie's campaign manager Faiz Shakir told The Daily Beast Tuesday.

"But this is why my blood boils," he continued. "We have heard through innuendo and rumors that somehow this campaign was involved in Lucy Flores telling her story and it is deeply disrespectful and shameful that any time a woman comes forward to tell her story there has to be some kind of intimation or suggestion that that person is doing so out of some political agenda and or that the person may be lying."

"It is shameful," Shakir added. "We went through the Donald Trump campaign in which a number of women came forward to tell their stories and they were dismissed and criticized and ripped by the president of the United States on the highest stage of the land. We saw it with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, that she must be a Dianne Feinstein plant. It is dismissive and disrespectful that whenever a woman comes forward the first suggestion is that there has to be a political agenda driving them."

But the Daily Beast reports that a "top Democratic source" said that team Biden strongly suspects that the groping allegations are "all coming out of Bernie world." And it's not just Daily Beast's sources making the claim. "Several around Biden think advisers to Bernie Sanders are at least partly behind the anti-Biden campaign," Axios reported Tuesday. "One prominent backer thinks Biden will run, and 'is ready to kill Bernie.'"
                  Bernie runs on policy, not smears. When it comes to talking policy in the debates, Bernie will crush.

Comment

• Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• the lone thing I found weird about the Nevada accuser is that while she at first said, "I think people need to know this" - absolutely - then she concluded that he should not run/not be the Democratic nominee.

um, Dem voters decide that for themselves?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        the lone thing I found weird about the Nevada accuser is that while she at first said, "I think people need to know this" - absolutely - then she concluded that he should not run/not be the Democratic nominee.

um, Dem voters decide that for themselves?
                        Really? I thought Flores said that she personally wouldn't vote for him, but that voters needed to decide for themselves. Do you have a link? Are you talking about 1 of the other 3 accusers?

Comment

• Two more toss their hat into the very crowded ring: Reps. Eric Swalwell of California and Tim Ryan of Ohio.

Comment

• Flores didn't say what I suggested in the original article.

while she may have said it in a subsequent interview, I should have posted a link - and not finding one on a quick glance, I'll retract my comment.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Bezos HATES Sanders, as Sanders pressured Amazon to raise their minimum wage to $15/hr (same as he did with Walmart, successfully, and Disney, hasn't happened yet, I don't think)

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...azon-ro-khanna
                              I hadn't thought of the min wage angle. Makes sense. It would still be surprising if he directed an anti-Sanders slant explicitly from on high. But it is possible if all of their articles show that slant. I'll be keeping an eye out for this slant going forward from WAPO.

Comment

School me here, because I am beginning to see where you are coming from in terms of anger about Anti-Bernie bias, with WAPO, at least. Why is it bad that media outlets are calling out Bernie to release his returns given he has called for that? I assume he will, as he has said, and I assume it will be as clean or cleaner than any candidate out there, so no harm, right? It is because they are implying he won't when he will, thus unfairly suggesting he has something to hide?

Comment

Working...
                                X