No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats have a long history of pulling down front runners. However, with Bernie and Biden leading the pack in the early going, I begin to understand.

They don't call it a clown car for nothing.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Latest poll - Nevada. Clinton won Nevada by 2.4% in 2016.

Code:
      Nevada: Trump vs. Biden	    Emerson	Biden 52, Trump 48	Biden +4
      Nevada: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Trump 51, Sanders 49	Trump +2
      Nevada: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Trump 51, Harris 49	Trump +2
      Nevada: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Trump 54, Warren 46	Trump +8
      Nevada: Trump vs. Buttigieg	Emerson	Trump 52, Buttigieg 48	Trump +4
      It seems that Trump is doing worse than he did in 2016 in every one of these state polls except here in Nevada, which seems odd. Is there a particular local reason he appears to be stronger in Nevada (or was there a local reason why Hillary did better in 2016?)? I imagine it’s just statistical noise, but it doesn’t seem to make sense given the results of the previous polls.

Comment

• From Ryan Grim, highly respected reporter for The Intercept.

"I was unfortunate enough to be standing outside the Old Senate Chamber watching VP Joe Biden as he swore Heidi Heitkamp in, and said to her: "Spread your legs, you're going to be frisked." Everyone watching just looked at each other, like, jfc, what is with this guy"

There's a CSPAN clip of the incident. Although Heitkamp didn't seem offended, it's pretty clear that creepy uncle Joe is a deeply flawed candidate, unwilling to recognize the error of his ways. Maybe even more vulnerable than Hillary was.

Do none of you see this? Politico has 3 Biden creep stories at the top of their page right now.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Democrats have a long history of pulling down front runners. Part of it is that the front runners are people like Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden.

That said, a race between the last two Vice Presidents would be fun to watch
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            From Ryan Grim, highly respected reporter for The Intercept.

"I was unfortunate enough to be standing outside the Old Senate Chamber watching VP Joe Biden as he swore Heidi Heitkamp in, and said to her: "Spread your legs, you're going to be frisked." Everyone watching just looked at each other, like, jfc, what is with this guy"

There's a CSPAN clip of the incident. Although Heitkamp didn't seem offended, it's pretty clear that creepy uncle Joe is a deeply flawed candidate, unwilling to recognize the error of his ways. Maybe even more vulnerable than Hillary was.

Do none of you see this? Politico has 3 Biden creep stories at the top of their page right now.
            Against any other opponent, Biden's baggage would be enough to sink him, as it may very well be in the primaries. In the general, though, I'm not sure these stories hurt Biden against Trump of all people too much. Maybe it would encourage more voter abstention among Democracts than it did among Republicans for Trump. IDK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Against any other opponent, Biden's baggage would be enough to sink him, as it may very well be in the primaries. In the general, though, I'm not sure these stories hurt Biden against Trump of all people too much. Maybe it would encourage more voter abstention among Democracts than it did among Republicans for Trump. IDK.
              Can't win in the general without winning in the primaries. I felt like he could have survived the nuzzling/sniffing videos and pictures because (1) they were so out in the open that it's hard to imagine he was engaging in anything prurient/sexual from his own perspective, and (2) no one had come forward to say that they felt assaulted or violated. Now we've got an intelligent and accomplished woman saying just that, and given how common we know this particular conduct was from Biden, I would not be surprised to see this inspire other women and girls to say similar things. I still believe that, given the public nature of the conduct, Biden probably had no clue that this kind of conduct could/would be perceived as violating/creepy. But it has legs now that it didn't have before, and I think it could very much matter to primary voters.

Comment

• Do you consider it in Biden's favour that he's so clueless as to touch, kiss, smell, and generally invade women's personal space repeatedly without understanding it's wrong? I hope someone can concisely speak up publicly as to why his explanations and excuses are so problematic.

What a patriarchal idiot. The fact that he omitted "kiss" from his description of what he does to his supporters is extremely telling.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Is it better to accidentally/inadvertently make women uncomfortable than to deliberately/purposefully make them uncomfortable? Yes. Of course it is. That doesn't mean it isn't a problem, though.

Comment

• "It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

Is Biden really so different?

Comment

"It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

Trump was clearly discussing deliberate sexual aggression. Even if one were to assume that by "they let you do it" he's imagining some passive level of consent, it's still sexual and aggressive. If Biden had no sexual or aggressive intent, then yes, it would be dramatically different.

Comment

"It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

Come on dude, it's completely different.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Come on dude, it's completely different.
                          It's not completely different. It's less aggressive sure, but disgusting.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            Is it better to accidentally/inadvertently make women uncomfortable than to deliberately/purposefully make them uncomfortable? Yes. Of course it is. That doesn't mean it isn't a problem, though.
                            Do you believe Trump is intentionally assaulting women, or do you think it's more like the Stormy Daniel's thing where he expects any model to want to be with him? He probably views his sexual assault victims as 'lucky' that he made the pass. He definitely has zero awareness of his wrongdoing.

I'm really struggling to see a difference. Main difference is Trump attempting sexual advances whereas Biden is inappropriate touching, smelling, kissing... but generally not viewed in a sexual context, more of a clueless dumbass who thinks people want his touch like he's the Pope.

This is your Presidential frontrunner, are you kidding me? Biden is Hillary 2.0, so I'm glad that reality is disappearing like Michael J. Fox playing Johnny B. Goode.

Comment

• This effort to turn Biden into some kind of monster because he hasn't been perfect (i.e., been on your side of every issue) in his 50 years of public service is really tiresome IMO. We get it, you don't like him. He's not my preferred candidate either, but likening him to Trump is just as ridiculous and misguided now as it was four years ago with Clinton.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                It's not completely different. It's less aggressive sure, but disgusting.
                                Smelling a women's hair is completely different than grabbing her pussy. Sorry, not even close. And yes I agree it's gross.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X