No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that you think Trump is a buffoon in spite of considerable evidence to the contrary. What is your point?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      I get that you think Trump is a buffoon in spite of considerable evidence to the contrary. What is your point?

J
      If that is a response to me, then you entirely missed my point. I called him a wanna be dictator, not a buffoon. I said those that support him are supporting someone that spits on our system of government, and would go as far toward autocracy as we allow him. As you said in another thread to me, if you can't see that truth, we have nothing to discuss.

If rather,you are responding to Revo, how convenient that once again, you choose to defend Trump's intelligence and cunning rather than his morality and tactics. Perhaps because they are indefensible?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        If that is a response to me, then you entirely missed my point. I called him a wanna be dictator, not a buffoon. I said those that support him are supporting someone that spits on our system of government, and would go as far toward autocracy as we allow him. As you said in another thread to me, if you can't see that truth, we have nothing to discuss.

If rather,you are responding to Revo, how convenient that once again, you choose to defend Trump's intelligence and cunning rather than his morality and tactics. Perhaps because they are indefensible?
        If you want to talk morality and tactics, Trump has the high ground compared to Democrats past and present.

I genuinely do not understand why you say he spits on the system of government, especially compared to his predecessor. Trump spits on his critics but has shown respect for the system itself. Most of his actions are directed at giving the system needed maintainence--gaining control of the border, reducing red-tape, getting the bureaucracy to do its job, intelligent treaties, etc.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

John Kerry thinking of throwing his hat in the ring (again).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            No thank you.

Comment

Like Hillary Clinton, his stint as Secretary of State is a red flag.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Like Hillary Clinton, his stint as Secretary of State is a red flag.

J
                One of many red flags for Kerry

Comment

still want Booker/Harris here
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    still want Booker/Harris here
                    So do I, probably for different reasons.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The GOP can only hope. Between he and Biden, should they both run, the GOP campaign ads will write themselves.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thankfully, the Michael Avenatti sideshow has decided to avoid being part of the '20 Circus.

Comment

Thankfully, the Michael Avenatti sideshow has decided to avoid being part of the '20 Circus.
                          Democrats were comparing him to Trump as if that were a compliment. That's weird.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Deval Patrick decides not to run in 2020.

Comment

Deval Patrick decides not to run in 2020.
                              I like Patrick from both a style and substance perspective, but I think his deep ties to the financial sector would have been a major liability for him in a Democratic primary and in a general election. He's not the guy to win back Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                I like Patrick from both a style and substance perspective, but I think his deep ties to the financial sector would have been a major liability for him in a Democratic primary and in a general election. He's not the guy to win back Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
                                Agree on the primary, disagree on the general. If he made it through the primary - and I agree it's highly unlikely he would - but if so, he'd destroy Trump in the general. I still posit that the reason Hillary lost those states was she either didn't show up at all (Wisconsin) or didn't show up anywhere near enough, especially in contested districts (Michigan and Pennsylvania). Deval Patrick would not make that mistake. Moreover, his media presence and debate performance would far outstride Hillary's performance as well. I think he'd make a strong play for Iowa, NC, and Arizona, too - all of which, I think, went for Trump in '16.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X