Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I fully expect he will get near zero percent of the early vote. He's never struck me as charismatic and he has little name recognition. And a generally unpopular message. But other than that I think he's got a great shot at winning !
    He's just happy to be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Interesting. If he wasn't a 68 year old white guy, he might have more of a chance... but as someone who mirrors Sanders' platform, he needs more meat on the bone in his platform to coalesce support. I feel like Bernie is tackling multiple issues without diluting the Green New Deal messaging. Not sure how Inslee takes any more than a fraction of the progressive vote.
      I think he will be a non-story, but I do appreciate the fact that he has a principal that he is willing to stand up and fight for. Unlike certain Dem candidates who run saying that single payer will "Never Ever Happen" or Feinstein who argues with kids about how practical it is to fight global warming.
      Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-01-2019, 11:25 PM. Reason: corrected name of lame multi millionaire dem Senatoar who lectured kids like a cranky school marm
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think he will be a non-story, but I do appreciate the fact that he has a principal that he is willing to stand up and fight for. Unlike certain Dem candidates who run saying that single payer will "Never Ever Happen" or Pelosi who argues with kids about how practical it is to fight global warming.
        Wasn't that Diane Feinstein? Nonetheless, your point stands.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Wasn't that Diane Feinstein? Nonetheless, your point stands.
          You are correct, sir !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You are correct, sir !
            Damn, FS, do all old white female Democrat Senators/Congresswomen look alike to you, or just ones from Cali?

That was a cringe worthy video for sure. DF does have a 90% lifetime rating from the League of Conservation voters, though. I'm sure her perspective is that she doesn't want idealistic kids to be political props parroting things adults trying to play gotcha with her have said to them. At the same time, you'd hope the reaction of a leader would be to recognize the passion and desire to do good, and applaud that at least, and not get all defensive and critical.

It is an especially disturbing window into the politician mind that she seemed to think her ability to win elections was the defining characteristic that made her above reproach or questioning. Rather than addressing the merits of the policies the young people were advocating for, or how she was fighting the good fight, she was all, little people, shut your mouths and trust that I know what I'm doing. I got tons of votes, so I clearly know what I'm doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Damn, FS, do all old white female Democrat Senators/Congresswomen look alike to you, or just ones from Cali?

That was a cringe worthy video for sure. DF does have a 90% lifetime rating from the League of Conservation voters, though. I'm sure her perspective is that she doesn't want idealistic kids to be political props parroting things adults trying to play gotcha with her have said to them. At the same time, you'd hope the reaction of a leader would be to recognize the passion and desire to do good, and applaud that at least, and not get all defensive and critical.

It is an especially disturbing window into the politician mind that she seemed to think her ability to win elections was the defining characteristic that made her above reproach or questioning. Rather than addressing the merits of the policies the young people were advocating for, or how she was fighting the good fight, she was all, little people, shut your mouths and trust that I know what I'm doing. I got tons of votes, so I clearly know what I'm doing.
              I don't know why I always mix those two up. Maybe because I don't like either of them ?

I can understand not wanting to be lectured by a bunch of kids, and also as a senator thinking that with many years of experience she probably has more knowledge - but it wasn't really a good look. I could look past all that if I thought she really thought climate change was an issue that she wanted to address. but I don't really think it is
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• UVa has its first article with a 2020 Electoral College map. It starts the two parties at a dead heat 244-248 with 46 tossups in four states plus one vote in Maine.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Saw a couple articles today related to Bernie's potential issues with POC.

Lots of data here, but interesting to compare Bernie to Harris and Booker in particular.

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Latest polls for South Carolina. Also not good news for Dumpy, who won the state by 15% in 2016:

Code:
                    South Carolina: Trump vs. Biden	        Trump 52, Biden 48	Trump +4
                    South Carolina: Trump vs. Sanders	Trump 54, Sanders 46	Trump +8
                    South Carolina: Trump vs. Harris	Trump 56, Harris 44	Trump +12
                    South Carolina: Trump vs. Warren	Trump 54, Warren 46	Trump +8
                    South Carolina: Trump vs. Booker	Trump 54, Booker 46	Trump +8
                    South Carolina: Trump vs. O'Rourke	Trump 56, O'Rourke 44	Trump +12
                    South Carolina: Trump vs. Klobuchar	Trump 56, Klobuchar 44	Trump +12

Comment

Saw a couple articles today related to Bernie's potential issues with POC.

Lots of data here, but interesting to compare Bernie to Harris and Booker in particular.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...nTabReport.pdf
                      Looks like a strong message for Sanders. He is.going to have to keep hitting those beats hard until the preexisting narrative the media has on him gets broken down. The media, and voters, sometimes cing to the narratives they first develop, even as it changes right in front of them.

Comment

Looks like a strong message for Sanders. He is.going to have to keep hitting those beats hard until the preexisting narrative the media has on him gets broken down. The media, and voters, sometimes cing to the narratives they first develop, even as it changes right in front of them.
                        Agreed.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I believe that after 4 years of media dismissing Bernie Sanders outright, people have figured it out. Go to any CNN clip about Sanders on YouTube and check the like/dislike ratio. Some of these videos are getting ratio'd like 95-99% negative. The narratives aren't working anymore.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• the problem for Sanders is that he could get 4M extra votes in CA and NY - and every one of them is utterly useless unless he, or rivals, want to run up the popular vote score.

all that matters, sad to say, is the Rust Belt and Florida, pretty much.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              the problem for Sanders is that he could get 4M extra votes in CA and NY - and every one of them is utterly useless unless he, or rivals, want to run up the popular vote score.

So does he poll poorly in the rust belt and florida ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                the problem for Sanders is that he could get 4M extra votes in CA and NY - and every one of them is utterly useless unless he, or rivals, want to run up the popular vote score.

Florida leans Republican. UVa did an initial Electoral College map. The tossups were all Rust Belt plus five votes in New England. 270towin is using it as their lead option now.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X