Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I'm sure Trump abandoning hundreds of supporters in the freezing cold in Omaha is going to play well.

https://www.newsweek.com/omaha-trump...hermia-1542741
    I'm sure they blamed Hillary. Or Hunter Biden. Or Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I'm sure Trump abandoning hundreds of supporters in the freezing cold in Omaha is going to play well.

https://www.newsweek.com/omaha-trump...hermia-1542741
      No, it is just more proof that global warming if fake news.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        The +6 is off TargetSmart on 10/26. I'm not familiar with them, but the chart has been posted in a number of blogs I read - 36D/42R/22 Not Reporting. I've seen a recent update from late today that changes it to +3 Democratic, but I don't have a site.
        I suspect whatever you saw was actually backwards. From the source you are referencing:

Early and absentee voting data is more important than ever. TargetSmart has created a site to paint a picture of the votes cast thus far. Check back often for updates.

41D/37R/22 Unaffiliated.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        It's definitely early voting results.
        That's actually completely incorrect, it's definitely NOT early voting results. It is TargetSmart's model of the party affiliation of the voters who have voted. They specifically note that "Partisanship predictions are not intended to predict specific votes cast or election outcomes." TargetSmart doesn't have access to early voting results, they simply do modelling based on other data.

Comment

• I tried to vote today--went at 9:50 for a place opening at 10. Line was around the block, hundreds long. Stayed till 10:15, but it barely moved. If I'd stayed, I'd have been there for a couple of hours, in the rain, mid 40s. I will keep going and trying. I wish there was a way to know how long the line was before driving over there. The closest early voting place to me is nearly 15 minutes away. Part of me thinks everyone is eager to get their vote in and election day I'd be able to get in and out no problem, but I don't want to risk it.

We had requested mail-in ballots months ago but never got them and even if we had them now, at this point, we want to go in-person. Just gotta try to figure when the best time to go is. It is going to rain more and be colder the next few days. Maybe that is why folks braved the drizzle today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I wish there was a way to know how long the line was before driving over there.

We actually have that here: https://www.livevoterturnout.com/tar...ZdXj947tXsliI4

Comment

• My mail-in ballot in the serious battleground of New Jersey was received. Easiest voting experience ever, especially with a drop box in my town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Wish we had that. We only have 3 early voting places in the county, and from what I hear, aany time, any day, so far, the wait has been over an hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  What percentage of the voting population do you think are on the fence and aren't sure of who they are voting for.

Total for all sides less than 1% is my guess. Nothing based in fact or science. I just think everyone who is intent on voting today already knows who they are voting for.
                  I disagree; though I'd concur the undecideds in the presidential race are much fewer than those in US Senate or local elections at this point.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    My mail-in ballot in the serious battleground of New Jersey was received. Easiest voting experience ever, especially with a drop box in my town.
                    I don't know what happened to ours. We requested them and never got them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I tried to vote today--went at 9:50 for a place opening at 10. Line was around the block, hundreds long.
                      In your view is that a local failure, state failure, or federal failure?
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        In your view is that a local failure, state failure, or federal failure?
                        I don't know--I cannot find evidence for why it is happening, and I don't know yet if it will continue till election day. I imagine a combination of all three. Locally, we just don't have the resources, at the state level, I suspect we are following the guidelines that limit the machines in a space but without resources being provided to do that at the scale needed (my in-laws in Florida say there was no limit, with machines packed in as tight as possible down there), and federally, there seems to be little support given to Democratic states to get the vote out.

All I know is that it is different from what I am used to around here. This is the first year we have had early voting and typically, even with everyone voting the day of, I have been in and out in under 15 minutes every time. Maybe it will be a breeze on election day this year too, as there are more locations the day of and only 3 places in a county of 190k for early voting. IDK, but I don't want to risk it.

Comment

• This isn't 2016 or 2012 it is more like 2008...

Comment

• Trump seems to be near the breaking point as he makes his final push. The bitterness at the process and the work involved is brimming out of him and he continues to lash out at his voters and promising to never come back to their poophole states. Some recent comments he has made on the trail include

Lamenting that the pandemic has forced him to campaign again, he said, "I probably wouldn't be standing out here in the freezing rain with you," he told a crowd of hearty souls who had been standing for hours in persistent drizzle to hear him speak. "I'd be home in the White House, doing whatever the hell I was doing. I wouldn't be out here."

"We win Wisconsin, we win the whole ballgame," he said last week on yet another frigid airport tarmac, this time in Janesville. "What the hell do you think I'm doing here on a freezing night with 45-degree winds?"

"I may never have to come back here again if I don't get Iowa," he said. "I'll never be back."

In Pennsylvania he said, "By the way, nice trucks," he said to no one in particular on yet another airport tarmac. "You think I could hop into one of them and drive it away?" I'd love to just drive the hell out of here. Just get the hell out of this," he went on. "I had such a good life. My life was great."

Comment

• He won't be going back to his "great" life once he's convicted.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                What percentage of the voting population do you think are on the fence and aren't sure of who they are voting for.

Total for all sides less than 1% is my guess. Nothing based in fact or science. I just think everyone who is intent on voting today already knows who they are voting for.
                                Bump...

Comment

Working...
                                X