No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is for Sour Masher regarding the complete ineffectiveness of The Lincoln Project and their messaging.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      This one is for Sour Masher regarding the complete ineffectiveness of The Lincoln Project and their messaging.

Interesting...I admit my perception of their effectiveness is the joy I take in the takedowns of Trump and those I know who also love that ads are already Trump hating Dems. So maybe those ads are not bringing in the new promised voters. Fair point. To that I only say, these ads gets tons of views are fun for Trump haters to watch. No harm there.

But the second point she makes and she quotes from the New Republic article I still maintain holds no water. TLP is not a Trojan horse because we all know who is behind them. She even concedes at one point that Biden's inclination is toward the center and he wants to play nice with Republicans. Hell, that is why he is getting all of these Republican endorsements. That is part of the reason Graham called him the greatest man to ever walk the face of the planet. But then she pivots back to the Trojan horse idea again, as if these ads get them a seat at the table post-Biden win. I still maintain that is, as Biden would say, a bunch of Malarkey. If he plays nice with Republicans and pivots center, away from his promised platform (which is pretty progressive right now), it will be because that is who he is, not because TLP has won him over. Biden is going to be pulled hard left by progressives and to the center by Republicans. But he has 47 years of relationships with Republicans. I very much doubt anti-Trump groups move the needle on where he ultimately falls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Interesting...I admit my perception of their effectiveness is the joy I take in the takedowns of Trump and those I know who also love that ads are already Trump hating Dems. So maybe those ads are not bringing in the new promised voters. Fair point. To that I only say, these ads gets tons of views are fun for Trump haters to watch. No harm there.

But the second point she makes and she quotes from the New Republic article I still maintain holds no water. TLP is not a Trojan horse because we all know who is behind them. She even concedes at one point that Biden's inclination is toward the center and he wants to play nice with Republicans. Hell, that is why he is getting all of these Republican endorsements. That is part of the reason Graham called him the greatest man to ever walk the face of the planet. But then she pivots back to the Trojan horse idea again, as if these ads get them a seat at the table post-Biden win. I still maintain that is, as Biden would say, a bunch of Malarkey. If he plays nice with Republicans and pivots center, away from his promised platform (which is pretty progressive right now), it will be because that is who he is, not because TLP has won him over. Biden is going to be pulled hard left by progressives and to the center by Republicans. But he has 47 years of relationships with Republicans. I very much doubt anti-Trump groups move the needle on where he ultimately falls.
        ok, I must not be reading this right, did someone say that about Joe Biden ? He only needs to be better than about 1% to be better than Trump (I'm being generous here). The best man to ever walk on earth ???? Seriously, I must be reading this wrong.

Maybe this was in reference to Trump ? even more absurd.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Also, how awesome is it that this thing looks so in the bag we can debate stuff like the influence of Anti-Trump GOPers as the greater long term concern over Donald Trump? Yes, there are fundamental ideological differences between the parties, and yes, I believe the "nice" GOPers that I like/respect more still represent ideas that I think are wrong for this country...in some cases very, very wrong. I am no neo-con fan. Bush was also on the short list for worst presidents ever (nice guy, horrible president).

But man, I cannot wait for the GOP to turn hard away from Trump. I cannot wait for Trumpism to turn into poison that all the craven sycophants like Graham either flee from or lose their careers over. I cannot wait for him to know he failed, and our country survived him. I cannot wait to get to an election where the candidate on the other side does not want to end our Republic and install himself as a dictator for life.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            ok, I must not be reading this right, did someone say that about Joe Biden ? He only needs to be better than about 1% to be better than Trump (I'm being generous here). The best man to ever walk on earth ???? Seriously, I must be reading this wrong.

Maybe this was in reference to Trump ? even more absurd.
            Lindsay Graham has said that the Joe Biden is the greatest man he has ever met in politics and as good as anyone who has ever lived, with tears in his eyes. He said "he is the nicest person I have ever met in politics...and "he is as good a man as God has ever created." Direct quotes in the video below, the quotes are 47 seconds in.

Comment

I was exaggerating slightly, but Lindsay Graham has said, with tears in his eyes, the Joe Biden is the greatest man he has ever met in politics. It is in the LP act along with all of Graham's comments about Trump being a racist, a madman, etc.
              I guess I need to watch more of their ads, lol
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I guess I need to watch more of their ads, lol
                Yeah, the video was already out there, and I posted an older one above from HP. But they spliced together an amazing cut of Graham praising Biden and denouncing Trump....before Trump got elected. It was why I hold Graham in more contempt than even McConnell. He totally knows better. He sincerely does. He has admitted Trump is a racist. He has claimed as much. And yet he serves him.

Comment

• My bad, it was a similar group--Republican Voters Against Trump. Here it is. Graham says "Trump is a race baiting, xenophobic bigot and they way we make America great again is to tell Trump to go to hell." And yet he served him. He knew better, and said so, more than any GOPer. And yet he serves him. Graham getting voted out is a close second to Trump leaving for me. I cannot wait to see it happen.

Comment

Yeah, the video was already out there, and I posted an older one above from HP. But they spliced together an amazing cut of Graham praising Biden and denouncing Trump....before Trump got elected. It was why I hold Graham in more contempt than even McConnell. He totally knows better. He sincerely does. He has admitted Trump is a racist. He has claimed as much. And yet he serves him.
                    McConnell has caused 100x more damage than Graham ever could. Yes, he's a hypocritical weasel sans an ounce of integrity, but Moscow Mitch has done more to bring this country to the brink than anyone other than Shithead himself.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      McConnell has caused 100x more damage than Graham ever could. Yes, he's a hypocritical weasel sans an ounce of integrity, but Moscow Mitch has done more to bring this country to the brink than anyone other than Shithead himself.
                      This is true, absolutely. No denying it. And the country will be much better off if he were gone than if Graham were gone. Still, I want Graham to pay. I hold to the "when good men do nothing" theory. And in this case, Graham was a decent fellow, I thought, that not only did nothing--he became a right hand man to Trump. McConnell was always in that column. Trump did not corrupt McConnell, McConnell was always who he is, and he hopes to be that when Trump is gone. Graham, I will bet good money, will try to go back to pretending to be a reasonable fellow. He will go back to denouncing Trump after he served him unwaveringly. I sincerely hope no one falls for it.

Comment

This is true, absolutely. No denying it. And the country will be much better off if he were gone than if Graham were gone. Still, I want Graham to pay. I hold to the "when good men do nothing" theory. And in this case, Graham was a decent fellow, I thought, that not only did nothing--he became a right hand man to Trump. McConnell was always in that column. Trump did not corrupt McConnell, McConnell was always who he is, and he hopes to be that when Trump is gone. Graham, I will bet good money, will try to go back to pretending to be a reasonable fellow. He will go back to denouncing Trump after he served him unwaveringly. I sincerely hope no one falls for it.
                        I'm sure no one will.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm sure no one will.
                          I can never tell when you are being sarcastic . I am gonna guess you being so here, because we both seem to share, shall I say, a suspicion about how informed and logical many voters are (for evidence, see the 2016 presidential election). But a boy can hope. I hope Graham loses to Harrison. What a condemnation of Trumpism that would be! And I hope he never gets elected again.

Comment

I can never tell when you are being sarcastic . .
                            My kids tell me the same thing

Although they have the advantage of being in person : )
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My kids tell me the same thing

Although they have the advantage of being in person : )
                              the "advantage"
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                the "advantage"
                                ha ! they couldn't stand me any more and went away to college
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X