Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    Ted, you majored in public policy at Princeton. Not physics.
    But he is so smart he knows more than most physicists....
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      But he is so smart he knows more than most physicists....
      What do they know anyways. Once Trump gets that Tick Tock money, if there is any left over from whitewashing history again, and removing all references to slavery, colonialism, and the mass murder of indigenous peoples, he will rewrite the theory of relatively to mean that an object or person's value is directly proportionate to how much praise and respect and pleasure said object or person gives directly to Donald Trump. And a second meaning will be how all government positions of import should be filled by his own relatives.

Comment

• But is dropping a watermelon off the gym roof really "Majoring" in Physics?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          That is true. the massive amounts of abuse that have been focused on Trump and his supporters has few parallels in history. Trump has managed to succeed in spite of it.

Sarcasm works better it isn't something you might actually write. Take it from a one time physics major.

This is simply not true. There are fewer late deciders than normal, but they are out there. You need to remember that 2/3 of the people in this country do not hate Trump. It seems otherwise because the 1/3 that does is by far the loudest.

That said, you raise a good point. Trump has done an excellent job, so he appeals to practical minded people. Biden has no record to run upon.
          J
          1J, when Trump loses can you follow his promise to "just disappear"? Seriously, your takes are not only trollish but just dumb.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            1J, when Trump loses can you follow his promise to "just disappear"? Seriously, your takes are not only trollish but just dumb.
            I do wonder if the latter is purposeful, with the aim being the former. But I may be giving too much credit here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I do wonder if the latter is purposeful, with the aim being the former. But I may be giving too much credit here.
              I didn't know the new term for "Going to Prison" was to Disappear..
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I have always wondered why anyone engages in discussion with 1J?????
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Then again, you have to remember, and these are just accepted axioms that I need not ever provide any data or citations to back up--1/3 of all trolls do not hate those they troll, whereas 3/4 of them do, and 1/16 are in fact Ted Cruz accounts in disguise. And also, any reasonable person knows that 62% of facts are entirely made up, and 73.4% of voters fully appreciate that fact, which is in the 38% that is not made up.

Comment

Then again, you have to remember, and these are just accepted axioms that I need not ever provide any data or citations to back up--1/3 of all trolls do not hate those they troll, whereas 3/4 of them do, and 1/16 are in fact Ted Cruz accounts in disguise. And also, any reasonable person knows that 62% of facts are entirely made up, and 73.4% of voters fully appreciate that fact, which is in the 38% that is not made up.
                    “Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that.”

-Homer Simpson-

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      I have always wondered why anyone engages in discussion with 1J?????
                      Because there is such a dearth of unabashed Trump fanboys in here, when one of the few comes out speaking the completely baseless gibberish that passes for a defense of 45, most of us cannot help but take the bait. 99% of me is utterly appalled by the unabashed confidence displayed by a Trump supporter like 1jay which allows him to spout entirely made up statistics and unsupported claims. The other 1% of me envies the freedom of such an existence, untethered from actual research and engagement with reality, must afford him, and his Dear Leader, who lives in the same sort of mental space.

To be able to walk and talk with absolute assurance about any and all things, regardless of my knowledge on a subject, and without having to take any time at all to research the subject and support my claims--it would be like if I stayed every night in a Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Ted, you majored in public policy at Princeton. Not physics.
                        Ted is not the physics major mentioned.

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        “Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that.” -Homer Simpson-
                        Fitting.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Because there is such a dearth of unabashed Trump fanboys in here, when one of the few comes out speaking the completely baseless gibberish that passes for a defense of 45, most of us cannot help but take the bait. 99% of me is utterly appalled by the unabashed confidence displayed by a Trump supporter like 1jay which allows him to spout entirely made up statistics and unsupported claims. The other 1% of me envies the freedom of such an existence, untethered from actual research and engagement with reality, must afford him, and his Dear Leader, who lives in the same sort of mental space.

To be able to walk and talk with absolute assurance about any and all things, regardless of my knowledge on a subject, and without having to take any time at all to research the subject and support my claims--it would be like if I stayed every night in a Holiday Inn Express.
                        I am not an unabashed fan, though I am persuaded to support him. You are such a Trump hating echo chamber that any voice of reason seems like it comes from another planet, because it does. I live on Earth. Where you all are is some alt-reality where calling Trump a racist makes sense. Bizarre.

These are facts. There are about 220 million eligible voters, of which about 43% openly support Trump. That's 95 million voters without trying to persuade anyone else. Hillary had 66 million in 2016. From that group, Trump needs is a 75% turn out to poll 71 million votes. That's doable and Biden cannot beat it. He's got no oomph in his support.

Leave your alt-facts and fake news for a bit and do some 5th grade math.

J
                        Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-21-2020, 01:49 AM.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

That is a great explanation. Especially about the 1% .
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Fitting.

I am not an unabashed fan, though I am persuaded to support him. You are such a Trump hating echo chamber that any voice of reason seems like it comes from another planet, because it does. I live on Earth. Where you all are is some alt-reality where calling Trump a racist makes sense. Bizarre.

These are facts. There are about 220 million eligible voters, of which about 43% openly support Trump. That's 95 million voters without trying to persuade anyone else. Hillary had 66 million in 2016. From that group, Trump needs is a 75% turn out to poll 71 million votes. That's doable and Biden cannot beat it. He's got no oomph in his support.

J
                            So, your contention is that he just needs to increase his vote total approximately 8 million from 2016 and garner the most votes in the history of any presidential election by about 1.5 million. And that task seems "doable" to you. And we are the ones with the alt-reality?

Trump may very well win and I will agree that if Trump gets the most votes in presidential history, yes, Biden cannot beat it. But your numbers are clearly pulled directly out of your ass, despite your eminent qualifications as a world-renowned physicist.

Comment

Fitting.

J
                              So by your twisted pretzel logic, there are 220 million eligible voters but if only 43% support Trump, then 57% do not. So by your 5th grade math, that's 125,400,000 potential Biden voters compared to just 95,000,000 potential Trump voters.

In addition, you conveniently forgot that out of these "220 million eligible voters" Trump only received ~62m of them in 2016.

The real reality, not OneJay reality, is that 100 million of these eligible voters sit every election out.

The real reality, not OneJay reality, is that he's presided over the biggest shitstorm since the 1960s and done next to nothing about it, and the Independents have taken notice to a 60%-65% ratio against him.

The real reality, not OneJay reality, is the fervor to replace this ineffective and incompetent asshole is so large that Biden almost doesn't even factor into the thinking of why you should vote for him.

The real reality, not OneJay reality, is that the Dems win the popular vote every presidential election cycle now and your shit-feeding hero only won certain battleground states by 10,000 votes in 2016 and hasn't gained ANY support since then. In fact, he's lost a tremendous amount of support and that's backed up by not only current polls but actual elections in these states and districts where Republican support has dropped wildly.

So please stop with your asinine certainties of how this election will play out because it can go either way, but is certainly trending against your hero.

Comment

• I want to point out that Joe Biden recently made the type of statement I was asking him to make, lying about his intentions to represent the working class. "I really view this campaign as between Scranton and Park Avenue." MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle was greatly upset by Biden's comments, saying "why is he going with this divide and conquer approach? That's Trump's thing."

Ah, so Democrats thing is representing corporations and shutting down any progress on any issue, while Republicans thing is now... voicing the economic concerns and garnering the support of the working class?

Trump wasn't an accident. His fake working class appeal is still working while Democrats seek to ignore the working class for as long as possible. Its so fucked. These late appeals to economic populism from Biden are good to see, but possibly too little too late, and too insincere. Fingers crossed.

Here's a Young Turks clip analyzing the exchange.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X