Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Having a political veteran like Markey on your side is pretty strategic, IMO. She could very possibly be running for president in 2024 (if I've done my math right, she'll be 35 a little before the election), so I'd not be surprised to see her doing some long-term planning. She's essentially in a safe seat now, having clubbed the last challenger like a baby seal.
    Its absolutely strategic. I heard a comparison to the Tea Party. When Tea Party members being elected were initially seen as insurgents, they gained power when they started converting traditional Republicans. Same thing with "the squad". As their numbers grow with each election cycle, their ability to convert traditional centrist Democrats to their issue set becomes more persuasive.

This was a huge bellwether to examine the influence of Nancy Pelosi, and she ate dirt. Also, she broke her own rule about not endorsing primaries against seated Democrats, so now AOC is completely off the chain. "Mama Bear" playing nice, that's over. Let the bloodbath begin.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This was the single most terrifying video I've seen in a while regarding the election.

Basically, mail-in votes are more largely Democatic, these votes take longer to count, so on election night, its very likely to look like Trump has won by a blowout margin. As it could take weeks to count, and Trump's lead shrinks, before eventually being overtaken, he calls the election illegitimate and MAGA lunatics walk back into state houses with assault weapons if Democrats try to "steal the election"... it seems entirely plausible. It will very likely get really bad before he's removed.

I would have faith he couldn't subvert Democracy so easily, but I'm old enough to remember 2000, where the eventual loser claimed victory. All they had to do was dress a bunch of Fox News goons up to scream at the Democrats and they gave it up quick before the votes were counted. That was only contesting the vote in ONE state! Magnify that by up to 10+ contested states and the current level of right wing derangement and it could lead to civil war, the way the vote counting process plays out.

Combine that with the media narrative that Biden is crushing Trump and its a further recipe for disaster when they show him behind big-time on election day. This message should be shared... Prepare for battle.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I saw this article the other day. For a long time i dismissed any possibility that Trump could ignore the election results and refuse to leave office. Still seems unlikely, but I just don't really have any idea what is possible anymore it seems.

https://www.axios.com/bloomberg-grou...html&utm_mediu
        I don't think the networks other than Fox will be foolish enough to call the states prematurely. They're aware of the record numbers of mail-in votes expected and aren't just going to blindly give Trump what he wants.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          So, Trump asks his supporters in NC to vote twice using their mail in ballots after the vote in person to "test the system"

#1 He's again, encouraging unlawful conduct.

#2 Even if he says he was joking there will NOW be Trump supporters who do exactly that--vote twice.

#3 SHOULD this happen in large enough numbers, Trump can claim the election was illegitimate because SEE look how many people vote twice!

I hope you guys are prepared for a shitfest come Nov 4th.
          The overwhelming majority of people who try to vote twice will be caught. And the consequences are severe, so let them foolishly try.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• But again, the far left uses the same tactics as the right. "You sheeple just don't get it, only we can see what's really going on."
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              I don't think the networks other than Fox will be foolish enough to call the states prematurely. They're aware of the record numbers of mail-in votes expected and aren't just going to blindly give Trump what he wants.
              I was thinking that if this scenario were to play out it would more likely be Trump himself calling the election based on a large lead, and then if the mail in votes change it he will call it fraud. And a large percentage of people would support him. As opposed to networks calling. way too early to think this is likely, but I just sort of expect crappy news at this point.
              Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 09-03-2020, 08:28 PM.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was thinking it would more likely be Trump himself calling the election based on a large lead, and then if the mail in votes change it he will call it fraud. And a large percentage of people would support him. As opposed to networks calling. way too early to think this is likely, but I just sort of expect crappy news at this point.
                Yeah they've been floating this lately calling the the Red Mirage.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I was thinking that if this scenario were to play out it would more likely be Trump himself calling the election based on a large lead, and then if the mail in votes change it he will call it fraud. And a large percentage of people would support him. As opposed to networks calling. way too early to think this is likely, but I just sort of expect crappy news at this point.
                  Right, there is no way Trump isn't going to claim fraud if he loses. He's already showed his cards. He thinks he'll be able to use his powers to again rig the election and he might just do it. I don't think so but I was wrong in 2016 so who knows. But I believed the polls in 2018 that showed a blue wave and I believe them now. The Trump party is going down....hard.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden raised $364.5 million in August for his campaign and his joint committees with the Democratic Party, a staggering amount that exceeds any single month fundraising in previous presidential general elections.

The huge figure reflects both excitement with Biden’s choice of Sen. Kamala Harris of California to be his running mate and the fundraising boost traditionally provided by party nominating conventions, which both Democrats and Republicans held virtually in August.

According to the Biden campaign, 95% of all donations were from grassroots supporters and more than 1.5 million people made their first donation in August. And approximately $205 million, or 57% of the total, came from online donations.
                    The Democratic nominee raised more money for his campaign and joint committees with the Democratic Party than any presidential candidate in history.

To put this in perspective, in August 2016, Hillary raised just $143m.
                    Trump raised only $210m in August, over $150m less than Biden.

Comment

I largely agree with this, but I've heard it also depends on which state houses are controlled by Republicans, as contested votes are muddied and scrapped and disqualified, what have you, in those states. Whereas if the election turned on a state like Pennsylvania, controlled by Democrats, there would be less likelihood of shenanigans to steal the state. Its going to be a mess. The election day results showing Trump winning then shifting to a massive Biden win once votes are counted... that seems like a recipe for deranged Trumpies to explode. Scary to think about, especially putting faith in such trash mainstream news media to reliably control and relay the results... the media is such dogshit, and public faith in it has never been lower... mix with hyper partisanship and bloodshed is nearly guaranteed. Hopefully Biden looks like he won after the first night because this red mirage scenario scares the shit out of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        I largely agree with this, but I've heard it also depends on which state houses are controlled by Republicans, as contested votes are muddied and scrapped and disqualified, what have you, in those states. Whereas if the election turned on a state like Pennsylvania, controlled by Democrats, there would be less likelihood of shenanigans to steal the state. Its going to be a mess. The election day results showing Trump winning then shifting to a massive Biden win once votes are counted... that seems like a recipe for deranged Trumpies to explode. Scary to think about, especially putting faith in such trash mainstream news media to reliably control and relay the results... the media is such dogshit, and public faith in it has never been lower... mix with hyper partisanship and bloodshed is nearly guaranteed. Hopefully Biden looks like he won after the first night because this red mirage scenario scares the shit out of me.
                        It scares me too. I just don't know how it will be avoided. It seems like far, far more Dems will mail in ballots vs Republicans. Trump would have to lose very badly, I think, for the election to be called election night.

Comment

• Man, I'd love to see the reverse -- Biden takes a big lead and then there's Dumpy pleading to wait for the mail-in votes to be counted.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Man, I'd love to see the reverse -- Biden takes a big lead and then there's Dumpy pleading to wait for the mail-in votes to be counted.
                            That would be the dream scenario, but obviously not what Trump is anticipating. Since he spends all of his time figuring a path to staying in power vs actually governing with the people's best interest at heart, he has been a pretty good judge of what will go down. He went hard after Biden at the start, and laid off the others, because he must have calculated Biden would be his opponent, or at least his most feared opponent. And now he has gone all in on mail-in ballots being used against him. He put all of his eggs in that basket. He has absolutely no play if the in-person voting leads to his defeat. I'm sure he will say, "let's count them. They wanted them counted, so now let's wait for them." But he and everyone else will know he is done for. It would be super duper great if it plays out like that. I just don't know how it will, unless all the polls are dead on and there is no silent population of Trump voters that don't answer polls honestly, like there seemed to have been in 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              It scares me too. I just don't know how it will be avoided. It seems like far, far more Dems will mail in ballots vs Republicans. Trump would have to lose very badly, I think, for the election to be called election night.
                              Why do you say far, far more Dems will mail in?

If that is a great concern wouldn't that entice Dems everywhere to vote in person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Why do you say far, far more Dems will mail in?

If that is a great concern wouldn't that entice Dems everywhere to vote in person?
                                Because recent polling shows that 65% of Dems would prefer to mail in their votes, while on 25% of GOPers would.

Comment

Working...
                                X