No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't actually use twitter, but have an account....I gotta start using it just to see stuff like this. This is beautiful, like a dam breaking. It is so unexpected to so many, and he is getting a lot of hate over it, but he is a comedian, so he can take it. I doubt this stuff ends up being a big part of his act--that isn't who he is on stage. But fun to see this play out.

Comment

• I can't get enough of his tweets. He has told at least a dozen self-proclaimed ex-fans to fuck off . This is a clean comic. Here are some of my favs so far.

Jim Gaffigan
      ·
      Aug 28
      I dont give a fuck if anyone thinks this is virtue signaling or whatever. We need to wake up. We need to call trump the con man and thief that he is.

Jim Gaffigan
      @JimGaffigan
      ·
      Aug 28
      Hey fuck you Chad. In case you didn't notice 180,000 people have died and the country is being run by a con man who's trying to convince half the country that the suburbs are about to be set on fire (a lie)

Jim Gaffigan
      @JimGaffigan
      · Aug 28
      to those of you who think Im destroying my career wake up. if trump gets elected, the economy will never come back.

Fuck Lou Holtz. Biden is Catholic in name only? Compared to who? How many abortions did trump pay for? How many women has he raped? How many times did pull the shit he did in Ukraine. Wake up. He's a crook and a con man.

Jim Gaffigan
      @JimGaffigan
      ·
      Aug 28
      Oh have you noticed there's a pandemic with no national plan? Or do you think it's made up? Obama did get us out of the worst economic crisis of my lifetime (at the time)

Jim Gaffigan
      @JimGaffigan
      ·
      Aug 28
      Heading to bed but remember
      - If you want to sound crazy please tell me about THE DEEP STATE.
      - To sound stupid please be against CANCEL CULTURE but then accuse anyone with an opinion of Virtue signaling.
      - Trump Derangement Syndrome is meant to distract from the con of Don

Comment

• With those tweets, Gaffigan will probably gain two fans for every Trump supporter that he loses.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          With those tweets, Gaffigan will probably gain two fans for every Trump supporter that he loses.
          IDK...he appealed a lot to conservatives. At best, I'd say he breaks even, but he couldn't stay quiet anymore. I see him as a canary in the coal mine. He never would have done this with anyone else. The Lincoln Project would never have happened with anyone else. The people coming out against Trump are unprecedented. It makes me feel good, despite the shifting poll numbers.

Comment

• "Once there came a man" By Stephen Crane

Once there came a man
            Who said:
            “Range me all men of the world in rows.”
            And instantly
            There was a terrific clamor among the people
            Against being ranged in rows.
            There was a loud quarrel, world-wide.
            It endured for ages;
            And blood was shed
            By those who would not stand in rows,
            And by those who pined to stand in rows.
            Eventually, the man went to death, weeping.
            And those who stayed in the bloody scuffle
            Knew not the great simplicity.

Comment

• we are responsible for Taiwan. we tried to use China against the USSR thinking it would help us. it never worked. protecting China from Japan wasn't wrong, but abandoning Taiwan now would. we recognized the wrong republic.

you have to accept the mistakes you own. we don't own Taiwan, but we own the obligation of defending it. and it's actually good because we have an example with Cuba. we never claimed Cuba. we're consistent.

if you allow China to claim the South China Sea, than you allow Turkey to claim Mediterranean resources from Greece. and then everyone can go around drawing up their own boundaries.

when countries have a history with other countries in the past, they have an obligation to fixing it. call it destiny, whatever you want. for example, the French at one time owned Vietnam, see how that worked out. America owns Egypt. that's one of our babies in modern scuffles. the French own Libya. that turned out poorly. the fucking Russian's own everything Russian. and no-one owns the Kurds except the Kurdish.

you fix what you break.

and i'll wager to say the Joe Biden has been wrong on every foreign diplomatic decision he's ever made. which is alarming.

Comment

• and then there's Great Britain. I don't know if you guys read the guardian (I recommend it) or the daily fail or express and stuff; sure they captured Hong Kong and China played nice for over 100 years.

Great Britain is a lot like the US and perhaps even worse sometimes. it's a dog eat dog world. we're two peas in a pod. but we have a special relationship. which is grand. the fact they really haven't made a stink about Hong Kong tells you things are very much triggered. you don't see them doing war games with us. why is that..

when has a communist country defeated a capitalist one?

with all the technology, it's still just nature against itself. which makes no sense. there's no grand truth. furthermore, our universe sucks.

Comment

• the world is never going to return to normal. we'll be wearing face masks for the rest of our lives. this is a consequence of our actions and how we live. you guys talk about global warming it's some kind of none-related thing that has nothing to do with COLVID-19.

your world has completely changed forever. the only thing to debate is how much you can cover your own ass. our universe and world has become some kind of failed side-show.

I warned you guys for years about this. and right after this pathogen, every 5-10 years there will be another one even worse because things won't change. COVID-19 isn't a continuation of 1918 it's a logical continuation of SARS and MERS. nature has put her cards on the table.

I don't even think you guys understand how it's like the behavior of wolves. the virus is selecting the old and susceptible. read the book by the asshole atheist sean carroll serengeti rules. it's the exact same thing playing out. the Earth will regulate itself. it will regulate us. and then in the competition for life it goes boom.. and starts over, again. trying to find some figurative answer that doesn't exist.

our species should be very careful right now. but we won't. it's business as usual. and why wouldn't it be. it's worked so far.

it's sad when a species can't change even when you'll be wearing face masks for the rest of our lives.

Comment

• in 1979 what and absolute disaster Jimmy Carter was on foreign policy. when we recognized China over Taiwan.

Comment

• the fight over Taiwan is going to cause the next world war. slowly you are going to see nations you never even thought of making visits to the island. once they start seeing the US, Australia, Japan, India choosing a side, the lines will start being drawn. countries that were reticent to publically choose a side before will start flocking to it. and the civil war that didn't end but should've in 1949 will restart. in the end Taiwan stays an independent sovereign Taiwanese country; and China stays China. North Korea get's taken over by South Korea and unifies into one democratic Korea. and two wars that became police actions end. no-one is willing to use nukes and everything is conventional.

like wildfire. every country with a belt and road initiative will turn on the master. except Russia. because any country against communism will throw their support toward Taiwan. Communist China remains intact, North Korea falls.

Comment

• the only informed voter is one that can visualize the future. not some current gravy train. unfortunately, war, disease, strife, battle, competition, collapse, devastation, regrouping, surviving, rebuilding, is our future. the American dream. it's how it all works. one cannot successfully build a universe or a world differently. life would not strive or evolve or fight. it would be boring without meaning.

we are fighting for our future. our survival is not guaranteed. any moment a super volcano could go off. an asteroid would hit the earth. a single organism could shut the world down. this is why we fight, so we can be prepared for when the shit hits the fan. over the course of millions of years the odds are against us.

if you were alive 200 years from now, would you be saying, I wish I lived in 2020. or over the last millennium, was 1980 or 1990 really that great? did we really live? did we get as much out of life as our ancestors. maybe we should go back 1000 years and find out.

Comment

• I feel like I should be standing in an open field of grain, in some horribly tacky uniform, while people write down what I say in some tiny notebook.

what happens in North Korea when one of those guys run out of ink or break a pencil? do you pretend to keep writing. do they have spare pens and pencils? I think it would be unprepared if they didn't.

Comment

• I am thinking of professionally painting a peace sign on my RV. it's 42 years old in great condition. I think it would make me safer. that's debatable though. I want to do it because once an RV reaches a certain age you are allowed to, but I am not sure.

Comment

• Comment

• my war left me in 1968 after I was born in fort Jackson army hospital and adopted. I never had to go through what my ancestors did. but i'll never know what it's like to have a family. and what I am saying is rhetoric. nobody needs to respond. I know from what's inside of me that my parents were special. even though I never met them. it's inside. I am a healthy, individual person. born in war with a disposition for peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X