X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Haha..
    Thought I Smelt something.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      These types of comments remove any sort of credibility that you might present at other times
      I'm being honest, I disagree with almost every poster here, but appreciate all intelligent points regardless of where they come from.

DMT has been personally attacking me consistently for about a year now. It might not bother you, or anyone else here. It bothers me. If you think it damages my personal credibility to dislike being trolled and called an idiot for simply stating my opinion, then thats your opinion and you know exactly what you can do with it.

But don't tell me that me leaving this "discussion" after uncalled for attacks says anything bad about me. That's idiotic, Dan. You're an idiot. (Again, just doing this to show you how it feels sinking to this level of discourse.)
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I'm being honest, I disagree with almost every poster here, but appreciate all intelligent points regardless of where they come from.

DMT has been personally attacking me consistently for about a year now. It might not bother you, or anyone else here. It bothers me. If you think it damages my personal credibility to dislike being trolled and called an idiot for simply stating my opinion, then thats your opinion and you know exactly what you can do with it.

But don't tell me that me leaving this "discussion" after uncalled for attacks says anything bad about me. That's idiotic, Dan. You're an idiot. (Again, just doing this to show you how it feels sinking to this level of discourse.)
        Stop your whining you big baby. I haven't responded to you directly in weeks, and only did so today because you directly took a shot at me, which is a consistent pattern for you.

You aggressively come after someone, then play the victim when they respond in kind. It's honestly pathetic, and until you stop doing it I'm going to keep calling your weak ass out on it.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Gotta debate him even if it nothing but Bullshit from Trump. I really believe Biden scores points if he locks 45 in the eye and says--you are a fucking liar. Mic drop and walks off the stage.
          We certainly agree in part here. He's gotta debate him. And, for the sake of argument, let's agree Trump just deals BS all night. If Biden's not a good enough debater to defeat that, y'all picked the wrong candidate. I mean, seriously, a debate against Trump should be easy pickings. A couple of us could prep a RJ candidate, we'll call him Kevrevo Dragon-FerGwynn, and they'd crush Trump in a debate.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            We certainly agree in part here. He's gotta debate him. And, for the sake of argument, let's agree Trump just deals BS all night. If Biden's not a good enough debater to defeat that, y'all picked the wrong candidate. I mean, seriously, a debate against Trump should be easy pickings. A couple of us could prep a RJ candidate, we'll call him Kevrevo Dragon-FerGwynn, and they'd crush Trump in a debate.
            First, yeah it should be easy pickings, but please do not suggest that everyone is pleased with the Biden Nomination, he is what he is--a place holder and most importantly--Not Trump. I think we can all agree that even in a normal election, he's far from the Ideal Candidate.

However, he's what we have and we need to make sure he comes out ahead in November.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Biden couldn't even debate Sara Palin. she came out of their debate fine. because it's a show. it doesn't mean anything. you could sit there and ask her where New Delhi is located or Shanghai and she wouldn't have known. it took Katie Couric to call her out. You could ask Trump where Kansas City is located and did he really mean to congratulate the state of Kansas for winning the superbowl. but they aren't going to do it. they will all stick to talking points. debates are a waste of time. it's a pageant show.

and at this point there's really nothing to debate.

Comment

• chance, imo biden is candidate because of you. well, not you, but millions of people like you who could stomach voting for biden, but would never have voted warren, bernie, the 15 yr old petey. He is the compromise, to bring us back to normalcy, and to get back to an america where it is not every single day about what wacky or evil thing did president say. Biden is the guy that the majority of rnc establisment will endorse in next 62 days. You think anoter d candidate could have mustered that?

But Seitzer, when you said "I'm pretty sure that a big part of Trump's point there is that in his second term, there will be no restraints, and he can rule with an iron fist. Yes, he's saying that the Democrats cause violence and a breakdown of societal order, but he's also saying that once he passes the hurdle of reelection, he won't have to play nice anymore, and the force he unleashed at the White House and in Portland will look tame compared to what he can do against Democrats and black people and immigrants in a second term." feels very accurate, disgustingly so.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                  chance, imo biden is candidate because of you. well, not you, but millions of people like you who could stomach voting for biden, but would never have voted warren, bernie, the 15 yr old petey. He is the compromise, to bring us back to normalcy, and to get back to an america where it is not every single day about what wacky or evil thing did president say. Biden is the guy that the majority of rnc establisment will endorse in next 62 days. You think anoter d candidate could have mustered that?
                  Chance, nor anyone of Chance's ideological bent, could never, ever stomach voting for Joe Biden. Don't mean to speak for you Chance, if I'm wrong .

It will be interesting to see how many actual republicans Biden pulls. Clearly, with aligning with Kasich and TLP, that is his play, and it makes sense for him, as he is a moderate that has worked across the aisle for decades and is very well respected by the opposition (just don't ask Lindsay Graham about Biden, or he might tear up explaining what a great man he is in contrast the the man he called an insane racist but now supports). All that said, Trump enjoys a sky high approval rating among voting Republicans, so pageantry of the establishment aside, and as appalling as it is to me to say, he really does seem to be who the vast majority of republicans (over 90%) want as their leader.

The move to pick up the middle makes sense given who Joe Biden is, but it is also the same move HRC made and lost. I do wonder if it would be wiser, as TW and KS have noted, for him to try to pick up more progressives. Of course, it is hard to give a more prominent podium to AOC when she is endorsing someone that lost to you over you and not pretending at all that she likes you as a candidate, but maybe a backroom deal and sincere promises of a more progressive platform and Sanders and AOC at the table would have changed that.

Comment

• Biden brought plenty of Sanders positions into his platform. But the far left is never satisfied and while that's understandable from a moral perspective, it's foolish and counterproductive from a political one. Progressive causes are dead if Trump wins so the most critical step in MAKING ANY PROGRESS, is getting Biden elected. Any "progressive" who claims otherwise is a fool.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Biden brought plenty of Sanders positions into his platform. But the far left is never satisfied and while that's understandable from a moral perspective, it's foolish and counterproductive from a political one. Progressive causes are dead if Trump wins so the most critical step in MAKING ANY PROGRESS, is getting Biden elected. Any "progressive" who claims otherwise is a fool.
                      Not a challenge, but mind listing the Sanders positions Biden is adopting? I suspect I am aware of most of them, but would be happy to learn about ones I may have missed or be forgetting. Plenty seems like a lot.

And, of course, I agree with your underlying point. I saw it in 2000 with nearly all my progressive friends voting for Nader and actually feeling good about Bush edging Gore out at that time, saying, "yeah, Bush as president sucks, but NOW we will be listened to as a voting block, so it will all be worth it!" Eight years, a multi trillion dollar boondoggle of a war later, and, no they were not. Fast forward to 2016, same response to Trump by many progressives, and look where we are. I'm all for getting a progressive candidate elected, but once that chance passes (and Sanders did get close, so maybe one day), you gotta suck it up and realize what the alternative is. If the last 4 years doesn't make people see that, nothing will.

Comment

• Sanders just told us himself, "The Vermont senator emphasized a list of progressive priorities that a Biden administration would advance, including universal pre-K, paid family leave, a $15-per-hour minimum wage, and sweeping action on climate change."

Sanders’s speech — coming from a onetime rival who criticized Biden in the primary for not going far enough on a range of issues — reflects the increasing progressive embrace of Biden’s policies as what Justice Democrats communications director Waleed Shahid described to Vox’s Matthew Yglesias last month as “the most progressive platform of any Democratic nominee in the modern history of the party.”

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Sanders just told us himself, "The Vermont senator emphasized a list of progressive priorities that a Biden administration would advance, including universal pre-K, paid family leave, a $15-per-hour minimum wage, and sweeping action on climate change."

Sanders’s speech — coming from a onetime rival who criticized Biden in the primary for not going far enough on a range of issues — reflects the increasing progressive embrace of Biden’s policies as what Justice Democrats communications director Waleed Shahid described to Vox’s Matthew Yglesias last month as “the most progressive platform of any Democratic nominee in the modern history of the party.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/8/18/213731...ion-transcript
                          Wow, I missed this article....I need to look more closely at the climate change bit...not that it is needed for my vote, but hopeful I can find more specifics than I have found in the past. It is an issue that has taken a backseat to other things lately, but I am hopeful Biden does not keep it there if elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Wow, I missed this article....I need to look more closely at the climate change bit...not that it is needed for my vote, but hopeful I can find more specifics than I have found in the past. It is an issue that has taken a backseat to other things lately, but I am hopeful Biden does not keep it there if elected.
                            Me too, please share your findings.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Trump breaks Jim Gaffigan...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Wow, I am surprised and delighted. Gaffigan is purposefully apolitical in his comedy (and fully disclosure, I was a big fan before this, and would have enjoyed his stuff regardless of him speaking up now). He wants to appeal to everyone and he has made a great living at it. He put his money where his mouth is here. A large part of his fanbase, I'd bet, are Trump voters. Good for him for not being able to bottle this stuff up anymore. He did NOT pull any punches here. He came out hard, and kept swinging at everyone who was calling to cancel him. Damn, Jimmy. You are a New Yorker at heart after all. Brutal and totally on point with every tweet! Loved it!

ETA: His wife doesn't like the cursing, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X