Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    fixed
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Listen, I dont disagree that Trump is a living nightmare, a walking embarrassment to humanity, but especially to the reputation of the US. We aren't debating him, we're debating electoral strategy.

If you guys think giving 30 seconds to the only superstar politician in the Dem party at the convention was smart, and also think having John Kasich delivering more messaging than all the progressives in the party combined was smart... well, just like Sour Masher said. You get exactly what you deserve.
      I wish AOC had more power in the Democratic Party and believe they would benefit from that. But I also believe that AOC will lend her voice far more effectively to Biden's campaign over the next two months than Kasich will, and that the airtime they had at the convention doesn't matter for people's votes. Very few people are voting based on watching conventions, especially so in this election.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Just what I said before: that a debate would be pointless since Dopey is just going to lie the entire time and not get called out by the moderators. But regardless, he will debate him anyway.
        You think standing up to a bully.... as a politician.... holds no purpose....

What do you think a politicians job is? Standing up to dictators, or refusing to meet with them? I think Trump's approach of meeting with dictators shows more "guts" than refusing to debate. Thats quite gutless. Its also fuel to Trump's message that Biden is mentally unfit if he can't debate Trump. I meant what I said earlier about Biden threatening to fight Trump. He has nothing left. Lucky for you, Democrats are likely stupid enough to rally behind a literal "fighter", so i think thats a less terrible strategy than debating him on facts.... (side note, if my Biden v. Trump fight challenge happens at the debate, someone better give me props... its a longshot I'd put money on.)
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I wish AOC had more power in the Democratic Party and believe they would benefit from that. But I also believe that AOC will lend her voice far more effectively to Biden's campaign over the next two months than Kasich will, and that the airtime they had at the convention doesn't matter for people's votes. Very few people are voting based on watching conventions, especially so in this election.
          One can only hope. But it amazes me that some folks are still itching to blame the progressive wing of the party for Biden's loss, even when all the progressives are being actively shut out of the process in favor of Republicans to stand in their place.

Whether you want to go in the direction of AOC or not is irrelevant. Actively benching your biggest superstar is akin to forfeit. How much bigger would the wave of support been if AOC's base was activated? Certainly would only have helped boost enthusiasm, especially among the most critical and difficult to wrangle young voter bloc.

Oh well, its not like the Republicans could manipulate a delayed vote count to steal the presidency while receiving less votes... I'm sure you'll be fine.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

You think standing up to a bully.... as a politician.... holds no purpose....

What do you think a politicians job is? Standing up to dictators, or refusing to meet with them? I think Trump's approach of meeting with dictators shows more "guts" than refusing to debate. Thats quite gutless. Its also fuel to Trump's message that Biden is mentally unfit if he can't debate Trump. I meant what I said earlier about Biden threatening to fight Trump. He has nothing left. Lucky for you, Democrats are likely stupid enough to rally behind a literal "fighter", so i think thats a less terrible strategy than debating him on facts.... (side note, if my Biden v. Trump fight challenge happens at the debate, someone better give me props... its a longshot I'd put money on.)
            So Trump cozying, er, standing up to dictators is courageous but Biden standing up to Trump is stupid. No, you're stupid, and you reinforce it with every post.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

One can only hope. But it amazes me that some folks are still itching to blame the progressive wing of the party for Biden's loss, even when all the progressives are being actively shut out of the process in favor of Republicans to stand in their place.

Whether you want to go in the direction of AOC or not is irrelevant. Actively benching your biggest superstar is akin to forfeit. How much bigger would the wave of support been if AOC's base was activated? Certainly would only have helped boost enthusiasm, especially among the most critical and difficult to wrangle young voter bloc.

Oh well, its not like the Republicans could manipulate a delayed vote count to steal the presidency while receiving less votes... I'm sure you'll be fine.
              Pretty much every post you've made about Biden has been completely off the mark but keep pretending like you're some of kind of sage.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• It's amazing to me how closely aligned the talking points are between the right and the far left.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  It's amazing to me how closely aligned the talking points are between the right and the far left.
                  Its amazing to me that when you get called out for making a pathetic personal attack with zero substance you follow it up with another personal attack with zero substance.

Actually, its entirely predictable.

Make actual arguments, coward.

Comment

So Trump cozying, er, standing up to dictators is courageous but Biden standing up to Trump is stupid. No, you're stupid, and you reinforce it with every post.
                    I'm saying thats the end result of the public perception of American voters, you illiterate fucking troll. Get a life.

Comment

• I don't support Trump, so stop pretending I do to win points against me, you fucking idiot.

Comment

• Clearly I don't have the patience to "debate" with such disgustingly disrespectful pieces of shit that reside here. I'll back out of this forum for a while and let you all continue the glorious circle jerking.

Kevin Seitzer and Sour Masher, appreciate the points. You make a lot of sense and I hope youre right. Although SM is kind of hoping running the same play will deliver different results, and I disagree. You're both at least adult enough to address my points directly without immediately resorting to personal bullshit.

Comment

Clearly I don't have the patience to "debate" with such disgustingly disrespectful pieces of shit that reside here. I'll back out of this forum for a while and let you all continue the glorious circle jerking.

Kevin Seitzer and Sour Masher, appreciate the points. You make a lot of sense and I hope youre right. Although SM is kind of hoping running the same play will deliver different results, and I disagree. You're both at least adult enough to address my points directly without immediately resorting to personal bullshit.
                          These types of comments remove any sort of credibility that you might present at other times

Comment

Clearly I don't have the patience to "debate" with such disgustingly disrespectful pieces of shit that reside here. I'll back out of this forum for a while and let you all continue the glorious circle jerking.

We'll all be awaiting your return with bated breath.
                            Last edited by DMT; 08-28-2020, 02:39 PM.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

We'll all be awaiting your return with baited breath.
                              Anchovy?
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Anchovy?
                                Haha..
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X