Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    are you talking about my fantasy team or a larger context ?
    Well I certainly wasn't talking about Judge Jude's team, that's for sure.

Comment

• Every ad by Lincoln Project is hard hitting in a way beyond the care bear dems can fathom. These ads, produced by actual long time republicans, who see the absurdity of Trump, have an edge that cant be dulled, as they feature the literal words of trump as the engine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsLaAbzVb9E How can these be countered? just highlighting trumps words are the best "attack" ad.

Latest NPR Marist poll shows Biden +11, but how is it still this close? https://www.npr.org/2020/08/14/90226...get-vaccinated We can never have an example of a worse president, who deserves an unprecedented washout at polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
        Latest NPR Marist poll shows Biden +11,
        Read that as Latest NPR Marxist poll... I was thinking, well, that can't be biased...
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          Every ad by Lincoln Project is hard hitting in a way beyond the care bear dems can fathom. These ads, produced by actual long time republicans, who see the absurdity of Trump, have an edge that cant be dulled, as they feature the literal words of trump as the engine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsLaAbzVb9E How can these be countered? just highlighting trumps words are the best "attack" ad.

Latest NPR Marist poll shows Biden +11, but how is it still this close? https://www.npr.org/2020/08/14/90226...get-vaccinated We can never have an example of a worse president, who deserves an unprecedented washout at polls.
          As a carebear Democrat I agree with you and it is a good thing that these ads are done this way.

Comment

• Cook Political made a slew of changes to house races here, 11 move toward the D's and 4 toward the R's.

They also have amended their of a net gain of up to 5 for either party to a zero to ten seat gain for the Dems.

Comment

• You guys can all see the national polls and what 538 is saying so no need to update that. Small bit of interesting news today as Cook Political moves the SC Senate race from Likely R to Lean R. Still need more polling to see if some of the polls we have seen hold up but Cook is using those polls and Harrison's ability to fundraise along with the possibility of heavy turnout among black voters. If you are looking for a top Trump senator to actually target maybe it isn't Mitch and maybe it is Graham.

Ever since he launched his underdog bid against veteran GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, former South Carolina Democratic Party Chairman Jaime Harrison has needed a lot of things to go right to be genuinely competitive in a place as heavily Republican as the Palmetto State. 

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                You guys can all see the national polls and what 538 is saying so no need to update that. Small bit of interesting news today as Cook Political moves the SC Senate race from Likely R to Lean R. Still need more polling to see if some of the polls we have seen hold up but Cook is using those polls and Harrison's ability to fundraise along with the possibility of heavy turnout among black voters. If you are looking for a top Trump senator to actually target maybe it isn't Mitch and maybe it is Graham.

https://cookpolitical.com/index.php/...ean-republican
                I actually find 538's site almost impossible to find anything useful on since they rolled out their new design a week or so ago. I liked looking at polling averages and maps of how races would likely go, and I can't find any of those things. Just their "Biden is favored in 72% of simulations" thing, which is the least interesting thing they produce, IMO. And their stupid snake chart, which kinda has the same info as they used to have, just makes it harder to find and interpret.

I don't know how to find their Senate polling/forecasts, either.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  A bit of Irony that this first model is the exact numbers of the last model they had out in 2016. I like Nate and he was the closest model in 2016 giving Trump that 29% chance and people who were irate with him just don't understand probability.
                  Nate's had a lot of Democrats irate with him over the past years, but while I'll grant you're right about them not understanding probability, IMHO, the bigger issue is they get irate because he tells them things they don't want to hear.

Seitzer makes a good point on the layout change, too. Yikes, that's bad.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Just devastating ad.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I actually find 538's site almost impossible to find anything useful on since they rolled out their new design a week or so ago. I liked looking at polling averages and maps of how races would likely go, and I can't find any of those things. Just their "Biden is favored in 72% of simulations" thing, which is the least interesting thing they produce, IMO. And their stupid snake chart, which kinda has the same info as they used to have, just makes it harder to find and interpret.

I don't know how to find their Senate polling/forecasts, either.
                      Senates not out yet so you aren’t missing anything there. I got to most recent polls everyday on a different page. I’m still getting used to the model stuff but I can see the polls and their probability. My guess is the senate stuff looks more like the old pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        nothing that any person who is reasonably intelligent didn't already figure out. I suspect once Trump is out of office, these kinds of stories will be commonplace.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I don't think the conventions will have a huge impact, but i thought Michelle was fantastic
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• in 1996 I watched Kay Bailey Hutchison and Susan Molinari speak at the 1996 republican convention. it was very much part of the Gingrich revolution that resulted in making today's GOP. I can't say if Trumpism started earlier than 1992 because that's when I started paying attention. moreover, to say Trumpism started with Trump is being disingenuous. and now Molinari doesn't like it and speaks briefly at a DNC convention. her 1996 speech was very much a thumb in your eye with the same substance and style of any other Trump speech today in 2020. she was an enabler and I am not sure if speaking in contrast now is taking responsibility for 1996. I thought we were going to get universal healthcare in 1996 but back then keynote speakers had other ideas.

Comment

• I could probably same the same thing for any other moderate republican in 1996. yet they towed the party line that resulted in becoming today's GOP. and now it comes full circle. Bill Weld speeches were Trumpism verbatim. welfare, blaming the poor. enabling the elite. playing the game. and suddenly now these guy's don't fucking like it. they should've thought about that in 1996.

Comment

• in another alternate reality Christine Todd Whitman easily became the first female president of the United States. I always thought she would be our first female president, but her intervention now is still something I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X