Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    attention, 2020 election scouts: Cory Booker coming on Rachel Maddow's show shortly.

iirc, they were Rhodes Scholars together in Oxford or Cambridge or wherever those people go
    "those people."

Comment

• my brother got undergrad and graduate degrees at Columbia and still works there
      I have standing
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

my brother got undergrad and graduate degrees at Columbia and still works there
        I have standing
        What's wrong with getting undergrad and graduate degrees at Columbia? Roar, Lion, Roar!

Comment

• I made a joke that either somebody didn't get or they forgot their emoji

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I made a joke that either somebody didn't get or they forgot their emoji
            I like to joke without emojis...keep everyone on their toes.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              I like to joke without emojis...keep everyone on their toes.
              and possibly to reply to posts not about them

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

and possibly to reply to posts not about them

Wait a minute.....
                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  thanks - this helps me understand things - many "undecided" or "non 2 party voters" really are not - you are
                  Just as another point of interest, my mom who is a pretty dyed in the wool conservative has told me numerous, "I like Klobuchar!" So if you can get my mom, who is a Trump support to like a moderate Democrat, the Democrats would have more than a puncher's chance to pull moderates.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Jennifer Epstein
                    ‏Verified account @jeneps
                    10m10 minutes ago

NEW: Democrats will hold their first 2020 primary debates in June (w/ NBC, MSNBC, Telemundo) and July (w/ CNN) with as many as 20 candidates divided over 2 nights. Hopefuls can qualify w >1% in 3 polls or 65k+ natl donors including 200 or more in 20 states.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• The first Republican has entered the race:

Washington (CNN)Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld said he's launching a presidential exploratory committee to run in 2020 as a Republican.

"I hope to see the Republican Party assume once again the mantle of being the party of Lincoln. It upsets me that our energies as a society are being sapped by the President's culture of divisiveness in Washington," he said Friday in New Hampshire, adding later, "Because of the many concerns I've talked about today, I've established an exploratory committee ... as a Republican in the 2020 election."

Comment

• The "culture of divisiveness" started WAAAY before Trump. He took advantage of it!
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          The "culture of divisiveness" started WAAAY before Trump. He took advantage of it!
                          Trump did take advantage of it, but he also increased the divisiveness a million-fold.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Trump did take advantage of it, but he also increased the divisiveness a million-fold.
                            But that doesn't matter to the Bothsiders as long as they can find any instance to support their cause.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              But that doesn't matter to the Bothsiders as long as they can find any instance to support their cause.
                              "Both-siders" - another in a long line of ways to describe people that see the political process in our country is no longer for the people - but rather for the parties. But you go on drinking the kool-aid from the left side of the bar. They are serving basically the same drink on the right side and calling it lemonade. Its all poison - and poison kills.
                              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                                "Both-siders" - another in a long line of ways to describe people that see the political process in our country is no longer for the people - but rather for the parties. But you go on drinking the kool-aid from the left side of the bar. They are serving basically the same drink on the right side and calling it lemonade. Its all poison - and poison kills.
                                Wrong again. I fully recognize that the political process in our country is broken and unrepresentative of the people. That doesn't mean that both sides are equally to blame, nor that neither side is preferable. One side is actively promoting the destruction of our planet, stoking racism, blocking the provision of health care to millions, attacking women's reproductive freedom, shifting money to the rich, undermining our education system, and vilifying immigrants. The Democrats have their own issues but to see what the Trump Party has become and still maintain that both sides are equally to blame is just delusional or idiotic.

Of course, when you think billionaires should pay the same tax rate as single mothers living paycheck to paycheck, it is not surprising that you think this way.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X