Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    So his fan club is doing the interview? LOL
    You wanted the two major 24 hour tv networks to ask these questions. Who exactly did you have in mind on MSNBC that is less centrist than Morning Joe? He's a republican. Who did you want doing it? you want them to bring back equally inappropriate Chris Matthews? You want Rachael Maddow to do it? Lawrence O'Donnell? Geesh, there is no pleasing some people. On a left-dominated network, Morning Joe seems about the most fair place to go, just like Chris Wallace was the place landing spot on Fox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      You wanted the two major 24 hour tv networks to ask these questions. Who exactly did you have in mind on MSNBC that is less centrist than Morning Joe? He's a republican. Who did you want doing it? you want them to bring back equally inappropriate Chris Matthews? You want Rachael Maddow to do it? Lawrence O'Donnell? Geesh, there is no pleasing some people. On a left-dominated network, Morning Joe seems about the most fair place to go, just like Chris Wallace was the place landing spot on Fox.
      Anyone not a Trump sychophant is unacceptable to his cult followers.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

MSDNC doesnt have anyone to do it, thats the problem. Joe is a daily whinefest about Trump and republicans in general, I'd rather Matthews do it because at least he doesnt try to hide behind a label.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

MSDNC doesnt have anyone to do it, thats the problem. Joe is a daily whinefest about Trump and republicans in general, I'd rather Matthews do it because at least he doesnt try to hide behind a label.
          Well, Matthews has been fired, so that isn't possible, and if the network didn't interview her, you would criticize them. Joe is a republican--so I assume the most right-leaning person on that network.

Comment

• Kudos to Mika for doing a good job today asking questions of Biden. No softballs, just straight journalism. Amazing it took so long, but I give her a lot of credit.

Comment

I think you may be confusing him with Lucky. I know DMT voted for HRC (so did I; I'd have voted for almost anyone to beat Trump), but he backed Bernie in the primaries and wasn't a cheerleader for her, as I recall (neither was I). I don't see him being a cheerleader for Biden now (neither am I). He is just steadfast in his position that any Dem is better than Trump and for the Dem who the majority of people voted to give the nomination to beat Trump, we need to not Balkanize. We need to rally, like the GOP did/does. It was my position too, before the recent allegations, and I still think replacing Trump with almost anyone, including Biden will be for the greater good. Lives will be saved. The country will be better with Donald Trump replaced, even with a career centrist with a sketchy personal past and potentially waning faculties. And it's not even close, which is a hell of an indictment for Trump.
              Hey, WTF?

I voted for Bernie in both primaries, but proudly voted for HRC over the nutjob Trump.

I'll vote for Biden, too, unless they find some back door to shove him out of and replace him with someone else.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                Hey, WTF?

I voted for Bernie in both primaries, but proudly voted for HRC over the nutjob Trump.

I'll vote for Biden, too, unless they find some back door to shove him out of and replace him with someone else.
                I didn't mean to offend you. I struggled to remember anyone who was a HRC chearleader per se, but I recall you defending her on numerous occasions from attacks, some of them which seemed more rightly aimed at her husband than her. Maybe I was thinking of Hornsby.

It got muddled after the primaries, because all HRC backers and all Bernie backers who decided to support HRC over Trump got bunched together by Bernie backers who chose not to support HRC against Trump. In that context, much of the support for HRC was probably in contrast to Trump, so I don't recall, but I thought someone made the case she was a good candidate in her own right. I could have used myself just as well, since I recall saying she was a far superior candidate to Trump, and also that comparing Trump's sins vs her husband's and her standing by him were apples and oranges.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-01-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• All those critical of left-leaning media, will you now say that they are at least doing a better job paying attention to Reade than Fox and conservative radio were in paying attention to Trump's accusers? I don't watch much, but my wife does and both networks seems to be spending a bunch of time on this.

Comment

All those critical of left-leaning media, will you now say that they are at least doing a better job paying attention to Reade than Fox and conservative radio were in paying attention to Trump's accusers? I don't watch much, but my wife does and both networks seems to be spending a bunch of time on this.
                    Well it took them a month so there's no defending them for taking so long. I admit that the questions were a little tougher than the cotton balls I expected to be tossed Biden's way. But kind of hard to take MSDNC seriously when they call this a right wing smear campaign against Biden.

I'd like to see those senate records that Biden claims will be "fodder" if unsealed.

I wonder if Biden remembers saying this two years ago: "“For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time. But nobody fails to understand that this is like jumping into a cauldron.”
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Well it took them a month so there's no defending them for taking so long. I admit that the questions were a little tougher than the cotton balls I expected to be tossed Biden's way. But kind of hard to take MSDNC seriously when they call this a right wing smear campaign against Biden.

I'd like to see those senate records that Biden claims will be "fodder" if unsealed.

I wonder if Biden remembers saying this two years ago: "“For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time. But nobody fails to understand that this is like jumping into a cauldron.”
                      Don't you find your choice of avatar pretty ironic given the man you want to be reelected has done more and worse to women?

Comment

Don't you find your choice of avatar pretty ironic given the man you want to be reelected has done more and worse to women?
                        No, my avatar isnt about Trump.

Comment

Right, you are mocking Joe Biden with an avatar highlighting behavior that your man Trump has engaged in all his life.

It would be like me having a Trump avatar about forgetfulness. It would be like a snail making fun of a turtle for being slow. It is ironic to mock the speck in your neighbor's eye while having a beam in your own.
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-01-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Right, you are mocking Joe Biden with an avatar highlighting behavior that your man Trump has engaged in all his life.

It would be like me having a Trump avatar about forgetfulness. It would be like a snail making fun of a turtle for being slow. It is ironic to mock the speck in your neighbor's eye while having a beam in your own.
                            Is it irony how democrats, the media, and Biden have done a complete reversal from 2 years ago? Or is that simply hypocrisy?

#BelieveAllWomen
                            #IBelieveBiden

Comment

• I have a feeling that if Biden wins, whataboutism will be back in vogue here in the Sports Bar.

Comment

But the irony is.

Full disclosure.....I'm not a fan of either at the moment.
                                Last edited by Steve 2.0; 05-02-2020, 06:37 AM.
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X