No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite pulling out all the stops in an attempt to suppress votes in Wisconsin, the GOP State Supreme Court incumbent was upset in the vote by the Democratic liberal candidate.

Comment

• When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

This is starting to resonate again.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Let's hope this is just the beginning of a blue tsunami.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Let's hope this is just the beginning of a blue tsunami.
          Or a blinding white flash on the East Coast.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Trump won Arizona by 4% in the 2016 election. Latest poll in Arizona has Biden up 9 there, a 13-pt swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              The memory of the American voter is short. Soon the incompetence of the individual will fade in importance behind the letter by his name, at least for some of these people. Then his numbers will rise, at least some. But I hope not enough.
              People remember insults. That cuts against Trump, but significantly worse against Democrats, who have become extremely elitist.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                People remember insults. That cuts against Trump, but significantly worse against Democrats, who have become extremely elitist.

J
                LOL, what? You crack me up.

Obama to formally endorse Biden today.

Comment

Wait, what? Trump is the king of insults, how could it be "significantly worse" for the Democrats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Wait, what? Trump is the king of insults, how could it be "significantly worse" for the Democrats?
                    Apparently they don't show Trump's insults on Fox News.

That has to go down as one of the most unbelievable posts I've ever seen on this site, and with Nullnor here, that's saying something.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Apparently they don't show Trump's insults on Fox News.

That has to go down as one of the most unbelievable posts I've ever seen on this site, and with Nullnor here, that's saying something.
                      The funny thing is most Trump supporters are proud of his insults. Apparently the other strategy, that I didn't know about, was pretending they don't exist. What a strategy.

Comment

J
                        Ted Cruz, lying in the weeds - current projections have him winning the 2020 election by write-in. It's going to be quite the stunning turnaround.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          Ted Cruz, lying in the weeds - current projections have him winning the 2020 election by write-in. It's going to be quite the stunning turnaround.
                          Smartest man in Murica.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Smartest man in Murica.
                            Hardest working and most attractive too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              The funny thing is most Trump supporters are proud of his insults. Apparently the other strategy, that I didn't know about, was pretending they don't exist. What a strategy.
                              reminds me of a great article I read on Medium on the weekend, basically saying prepare for the greatest gaslighting / revisionist history effort in recent memory.

edit: ah, found it : Prepare for the Ultimate Gaslighting

... the all-out blitz to make you believe you never saw what you saw. The air wasn’t really cleaner; those images were fake. The hospitals weren’t really a war zone; those stories were hyperbole. The numbers were not that high; the press is lying. You didn’t see people in masks standing in the rain risking their lives to vote. Not in America. You didn’t see the leader of the free world push an unproven miracle drug like a late-night infomercial salesman. That was a crisis update. You didn’t see homeless people dead on the street. You didn’t see inequality. You didn’t see indifference. You didn’t see utter failure of leadership and systems.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Obama to formally endorse Biden today.
                                4 years too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X