Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    1. Many voters vote for the letter, not the name after it.
    The choices in November are shaping up to be (D) dementia or (R) racism.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The choices in November are shaping up to be (D) dementia or (R) racism.
      Maybe. I hope I am wrong. Biden has my vote either way.

Comment

• Reverend Jesse Jackson has given his endorsement to Bernie Sanders. His endorsement could have helped Sanders a lot more if it was given a month ago. Sanders supported Jackson's 1988 presidential bid.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And Kamala Harris said she's endorsing Joe Biden. During the first Democratic primary debate, Harris confronted Biden on race issues, specifically about the time he spent in the Senate fighting against federally-mandated busing to desegregate schools and his comments on working with segregationist senators.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Is anyone surprised to see endorsements after campaigns end and people fought? Trump and Cruz had to be as ugly as accusations get and Cruz eventually endorsed him. Rubio and Trump was pretty ugly too and he lined up. This is what happens in most cases. Losers who said mean things in the campaign lineup behind the nominee.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              And Kamala Harris said she's endorsing Joe Biden. During the first Democratic primary debate, Harris confronted Biden on race issues, specifically about the time he spent in the Senate fighting against federally-mandated busing to desegregate schools and his comments on working with segregationist senators.
              She's a Democrat. He's a Democrat. Sanders is not.

Nominating Biden is the party throwing in the towel, but with a chance of saving the House. Congress is where Harris lives.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Biden's running mate? While stumping for Joe Biden Saturday in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Amy Klobuchar said “ I couldn’t think of a better way to end my candidacy than to join the ticket...” to big applause. She quickly corrected to say “join the terrific campaign of Joe Biden.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Biden will not beat Trump and that's WITH my vote.

Sanders was our only hope and the powers that be decided--4 more years of Trump was better than 4 years of Sanders and that's the flat out Truth.

So when 2021 comes and you're all whiney Look to the System you protect to make you feel better, you could have sacrificed your comfort and pushed for change but you didn't so....it's all on you bitches.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• i guess this is wrong to say and i know nothing about Klobuchar. but is it just me or does it look like every time she smiles she looks like she is smelling a fart?

Comment

• Unless the polls are way off going into today's contests, the primary will essentially be over. At which time all of us who oppose Trump and everything his administration has done will need to commit to the Biden ticket.

Comment

• While anything can change over the next few months, obviously the ham-handed and cavalier approach to this virus, the stock market tanking and a global recession possibly on the way have not played in Trump's favor (although his base likely thinks this is all the Democrats' fault).

It's still going to come down to the swing states, and they look good for Biden right now:

Code:
                        Michigan: Trump vs. Biden	Monmouth	Biden 48, Trump 41	Biden +7
                        Michigan: Trump vs. Biden	Yahoo News/YouGov	Biden 45, Trump 41	Biden +4
                        Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	Yahoo News/YouGov	Trump 42, Biden 44	Biden +2
                        Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	Yahoo News/YouGov	Biden 46, Trump 40	Biden +6
                        Arizona: Trump vs. Biden	PPP (D)	Biden 48, Trump 47	Biden +1
                        Florida: Trump vs. Biden	Florida Atlantic University	Trump 51, Biden 49	Trump +2

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          Unless the polls are way off going into today's contests, the primary will essentially be over. At which time all of us who oppose Trump and everything his administration has done will need to commit to the Biden ticket.
                          This has been the battle cry of every election. Just different names of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            This has been the battle cry of every election. Just different names of course.
                            True, but this one is different. Trump is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Is anyone surprised to see endorsements after campaigns end and people fought? Trump and Cruz had to be as ugly as accusations get and Cruz eventually endorsed him. Rubio and Trump was pretty ugly too and he lined up. This is what happens in most cases. Losers who said mean things in the campaign lineup behind the nominee.
                              I can't help wonder what would happen if a party came out unified. Stated they were unified and only campaigned based on their own strengths and personal platform. Announcing pre-primary that all would back the nominated individual once the people have spoken. This would apply to both Repubs and Dems.

I think the mudslinging has a damaging effect on voters. I am forced to at least believe some of the attacks are true. This makes all candidates on all sides crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I can't help wonder what would happen if a party came out unified. Stated they were unified and only campaigned based on their own strengths and personal platform. Announcing pre-primary that all would back the nominated individual once the people have spoken. This would apply to both Repubs and Dems.

I think the mudslinging has a damaging effect on voters. I am forced to at least believe some of the attacks are true. This makes all candidates on all sides crap.
                                I think the vetting process, including some degree of primary and general election mudslinging, can be important to inform voters. No candidate is without weaknesses or potential skeletons, and voters deserve to make an informed choice for president, warts and all. Of course, however, that means we have to be open to the idea that while all candidates are imperfect and have weaknesses/issues/concerns worthy of consideration, that's no reason to throw up one's hands and say "they all suck so what difference does it make which one we elect". There are material differences in platform, policy, experience and character between and among candidates and it's our duty as citizens in a democracy to weigh those differences and vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X