Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Bernie should be doing everything in his power to get her endorsement. Klobuchar and Buttigieg both endorsing Biden so he's going see a huge surge in momentum.

Or, as most Sanders supporters feel, fuck that phony.
    Sure, but it seems like a longshot at this point. I guess we will find out what she believes in soon enough
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Sure, but it seems like a longshot at this point. I guess we will find out what she believes in soon enough
      I just got my 200th fundraising email from her a few minutes ago.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I just got my 200th fundraising email from her a few minutes ago.
        cut out the middle man and just send your check to Biden
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• FiveThirtyEight places the odds of a contested convention at 2 in 3, the odds of an outright Sanders win at 1 in 5, and the odds of an outright Biden win at 1 in 7. I think she still feels like if the party is split between Biden's moderation and party loyalty on the one hand and Sanders' progressive vision on the other, that she'll be viewed as the bridge candidate. (Imagine Sanders with 40 percent of the pledged delegates, Biden with 35 percent, Warren with 15 percent, other with 10 percent.)

In my opinion, the only way the convention delegates would do that, however, is if she can demonstrate some ability to win over voters beyond her hyper-educated white liberal base. So far she hasn't done that.

Comment

• Which is why she should work out a deal with Sanders to try to avoid a contested convention. Jesus only the Democrats could figure out a way to lose to Trump twice.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Which is why she should work out a deal with Sanders to try to avoid a contested convention. Jesus only the Democrats could figure out a way to lose to Trump twice.
              Probably. What deal would make sense for both of them? VP? Does she help him win? Treasury?

Imagine if Sanders ran and won with, say, Stacey Abrams as his VP, Warren as his Treasury Secretary, and Tulsi Gabbard as his Defense Secretary. He'd check every remaining "first woman" box other than President.

He could then offer the AG job to Kamala Harris and the Secretary of State job to Michelle Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                Probably. What deal would make sense for both of them? VP? Does she help him win? Treasury?

Imagine if Sanders ran and won with, say, Stacey Abrams as his VP, Warren as his Treasury Secretary, and Tulsi Gabbard as his Defense Secretary. He'd check every remaining "first woman" box other than President.

He could then offer the AG job to Kamala Harris and the Secretary of State job to Michelle Obama.
                Dream team.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

You got my vote
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Bernie should be doing everything in his power to get her endorsement. Klobuchar and Buttigieg both endorsing Biden so he's going see a huge surge in momentum.

Or, as far too many Sanders supporters feel, fuck that phony.
                    I agree with you, but at the same time, if she ends up endorsing Biden over Sanders, it kind of proves her haters right. Sanders allegedly aligns with her policies much more than Biden. I would be shocked if she did not pick Sanders over Biden. Or maybe she could not say either way--is that a thing that is ever done?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Or maybe she could not say either way--is that a thing that is ever done?
                      Neither Kasich nor Cruz nor Rubio nor Paul made any endorsement before the convention in 2016. Some of them never endorsed.

Comment

FiveThirtyEight places the odds of a contested convention at 2 in 3, the odds of an outright Sanders win at 1 in 5, and the odds of an outright Biden win at 1 in 7. I think she still feels like if the party is split between Biden's moderation and party loyalty on the one hand and Sanders' progressive vision on the other, that she'll be viewed as the bridge candidate. (Imagine Sanders with 40 percent of the pledged delegates, Biden with 35 percent, Warren with 15 percent, other with 10 percent.)

In my opinion, the only way the convention delegates would do that, however, is if she can demonstrate some ability to win over voters beyond her hyper-educated white liberal base. So far she hasn't done that.
                        Just a minor quibble Nate is being very clear that No majority does not mean a contested convention. In many models Biden or Bernie get a clear plurality and Warren/Bloomberg delegates could go to them on ballot 1. Just a small detail as not getting over the delegates needed does not mean we get a contested convention necessarily. Average simulation right now is Bernie 1570 and Biden 1484. This stuff is all happening quickly and data is changing almost hourly.

Comment

Neither Kasich nor Cruz nor Rubio nor Paul made any endorsement before the convention in 2016. Some of them never endorsed.
                          Ah, I should have specified other than for Trump. He seems like a special case to me.

Comment

• And so it begins, the Never Sanders faction from the Democratic Establishment will be on full display tomorrow.

We shall see if it helps.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              And so it begins, the Never Sanders faction from the Democratic Establishment will be on full display tomorrow.

We shall see if it helps.
                              Never Bernie has been on display the last several weeks. It will help Biden. This will go from a huge day for Sanders to quite a bit less i suspect. Bloomberg and Warren will have decisions to make and then see what happens.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Perhaps nots was correct

People close to fmr. President Obama say he has been keeping close tabs on the 2020 presidential race and say the signal has been sent in the past 36 hours that he sees Biden as the candidate to back.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X