Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    i am trying to make sense how Warren is a champion of equality yet was a bankruptcy law professor at Harvard for decades. which seems like an analogy of saying you are against big oil, but you worked for Chevron in Ecuador for decades. also her daughter was a health industry executive and McKinsey consultant https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/...g-executioners you can't get any more establishment than that. might Warren be a wolf in sheep's clothing? it's probably why she isn't winning in her home state. you run for president and ppl start noticing things they didn't before.

so while teaching future fortune 500 corporate lawyers how to screw shareholders and creditors, she was really a champion for the lower class. that makes sense.
    Individuals declare bankruptcy to get rid of the debt they owe to corporations too, no?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Individuals declare bankruptcy to get rid of the debt they owe to corporations too, no?
      i have no real answers.

hey dude, while you're here i have a question for you. this stray cat that is about 1.5 years old has a breathing rate sometimes 4x normal. short quick breaths. i think it's called tachypnea. but when she is resting and sleeping it appears normal. assuming 15 to 30 breaths a minute is normal, any activity seems to make it 120 breaths a minute. which is really bad. even if i had the money to take her to the vet, which i don't yet, i've had to build up her trust before i do and even wait for warmer weather in case she bolts from the experience after. my first thought was hyperthyroidism because that's the only experience i had before. but that would be rare in a cat so young. plus i wanted to see if i could feed her regularly and put weight on, which i did. i looked it up but it could be anything. my other ideas are being a stray and lack of taurine resulting in heart enlarging. or eating mice, i am pretty sure she had a little access to FDA food but mostly ate mice. so it could be parasites. the good news is she is so young, i don't have any experience with FeLV or FIP but i also think one of the cats around here has a contagious disease the way they all act with food. when i feed her fancy feast wet food outside after she eats most but covers rest with pine needles. could be lung worm. probably just a blood test could determine everything.

just wondering if have you ever specifically seen a young healthy cat with a high respiratory rate when not at rest like that? thanks

Comment

• actually i am guessing if you go to a Harvard law class in bankruptcy law, you are going to be a corporate bankruptcy lawyer. you are going to actually learn how to go after people that declare it vs your corporation. i don't think they would go there to go in business yourself, or to learn how to abuse credit cards. and screw credit card companies. heh

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          A big win in South Carolina credited to high Black support would likely reverse Biden's trend with Black voters nationally and push him back up for Super Tuesday, particularly in the southeast, and I think you'd also start to see more endorsements from prominent Black Democrats. I suspect Sanders will sustain his support from Black voters under 40.
          early returns are really looking good for Biden. Tuesday will be very interesting
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            'Too much detail': South Carolina holds firm for Biden despite rambling graphic speeches

I'm happy to see mainstream media finally realizing how far Joe has fallen. The line "as they drink through the firehose of his speeches" made me laugh.
            Farrago is my word of the day. I know folks like Biden. I like Biden. But it really surprises me that so many moderates believe Biden of any era, and especially Biden circa 2020 is the very best centrist we can possibly run against Trump. We have lived with misstatements and alternate facts for long enough. Purposeful or the product of a failing memory, they are still concerning.

This election really lined up well for Bernie. Not taking anything away from his impressive campaign, but the large mess of flawed candidates taking votes from each other, paved the way for Mr. Consistency to plow through. Bloomberg jumping in didn't hurt either.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-29-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Farrago is my word of the day. I know folks like Biden. I like Biden. But it really surprises me that so many moderates believe Biden of any era, and especially Biden circa 2020 is the very best centrist we can possibly run against Trump. We have lived with misstatements and alternate facts for long enough. Purposeful or the product of a failing memory, they are still concerning.

This election really lined up well for Bernie. Not taking anything away from his impressive campaign, but the large mess of flawed candidates taking votes from each other, paved the way for Mr. Consistency to plow through. Bloomberg jumping in didn't hurt either.
              not sure what you are saying here....but the overwhelming Biden support in SC is weird and hard for me to understand. It will be old news soon enough, although it could give him a bump
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Biden with an absolute crushing tonight, well above what any poll had him at.

I guess they voted for Biden and the other Biden!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Biden with an absolute crushing tonight, well above what any poll had him at.

lol. Really strong showing.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    not sure what you are saying here....but the overwhelming Biden support in SC is weird and hard for me to understand. It will be old news soon enough, although it could give him a bump
                    I'm saying I don't get how Biden is the leader in the centrist clubhouse given what I have seen for him. And that having a bunch of flawed centrist battle it out against each other has helped Bernie.

Comment

I'm saying I don't get how Biden is the leader in the centrist clubhouse given what I have seen for him. And that having a bunch of flawed centrist battle it out against each other has helped Bernie.
                      that makes sense. Not sure who else a centrist will vote for. I am guessing SC is an anomaly, but it could give Biden some momentum.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Biden with an absolute crushing tonight, well above what any poll had him at.

Yeah, I think Biden really has a shot at steamrolling his way to the Senate.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Tom Steyer mercifully drops out of the race

Comment

Tom Steyer mercifully drops out of the race
                            Helpful. Good to clear the field some. He probably shouldn't be the only one, but I really don't know who else should at this point. Liz, Amy, and Pete might be interesting if they could get together to form a Voltron candidate, but not sure one is so clearly weaker than the other two that it would be a moral imperative to quit now.

Comment

Helpful. Good to clear the field some. He probably shouldn't be the only one, but I really don't know who else should at this point. Liz, Amy, and Pete might be interesting if they could get together to form a Voltron candidate, but not sure one is so clearly weaker than the other two that it would be a moral imperative to quit now.
                              Morning Consult has 2nd choice numbers, and is by far the most exhaustive polling outfit.

Biden --> Sanders 29% / Bloomberg 25% / Buttigieg 14%

Warren --> Sanders 40% / Buttigieg 16% / Biden 16%

Buttigieg --> Sanders 21% / Biden 19% / Warren 19% / Bloomberg 17%

Bloomberg --> Biden 32% / Sanders 27% / Buttigieg 15%

They don't have Klobuchar 2nd choice numbers, unfortunately. Small sample size issue.

Anyway, from the 2nd choice numbers, you see this media fantasy about "all the moderates drop out and support 1 to beat Bernie", it just doesn't play out that way. Where voters shift isn't entirely ideological. Though you see the Biden voters are entirely about visibility, Biden, Bernie, Bloomberg all get the most media, Biden voters are the least informed on the details of the race. It all makes sense. Warren voters break for Sanders in the most significant way of anybody. That's why Bernie spend the last 2 days in Massachusetts. If he wins in her state, she won't be able to stay in. Klobuchar more likely to win her home state than Warren, but with zero black support, even less than Pete somehow, she will drop out after defending her home turf, win or loss.

I'm reading a lot into the numbers, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• What does the polling currently look like in the swing States? How does Sanders fair against Trump there? That is what it will come down to. Have there been shifts lately because of the coronavirus fears and the economic impact of that? Has it affected polling against Sanders and his health care plan more than the other candidates? I am assuming positive gains, but have not seen updated info about how things may be shifting and who is expected to do well in the five or so States that really matter in our archaic and unfair system.

Comment

Working...
                                X