Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    I suspect that last year he didn't think there was any way he could win over Joe Biden. Then he saw Biden faltering and revised his assessment. I do not believe that Bloomberg would be doing this if he didn't think it was possible for him to win.
    I guess we'll see. If Bernie leads Bloomberg in delegates after super Tuesday with something like 700 to Bloomberg's 300, do you think Bloomberg would keep spending money to push for a brokered convention, or do you think that he would do the honorable thing and drop out when and if its apparent he couldn't win?

I suspect he'll spend the $2 Bn he planned to whether he has a path to winning or not. Now, when it's clear that Bernie has the most support and clearest path to a large plurality of delegates, if Bloomberg spends over $1 Bn in partially negative ads attacking Sanders... all of which the media will parrot and continue brainwashing elderly voters to hate Bernie... would you then admit you were wrong?

It seems clear at this point that Bernie will be the nominee, so I'm beyond the horse race stuff. I want to see the anti-Bernie stuff stop ASAP, so he needs to start dominating early to avoid a negative news cycle.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

It seems clear at this point (TO A BIASED BERNIE SUPPORTER) that Bernie will be the nominee, so I'm beyond the horse race stuff. I want to see the anti-Bernie stuff stop ASAP, so he needs to start dominating early to avoid a negative news cycle.
      It's a long race with many variables and turns

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        It's a long race with many variables and turns
        Nailed it

Comment

• I mean, Bernie is looking good after the couple of tiny all white states have reported. But for a bit of perspective, you need 1990 delegates for nomination, right? Pete has 22, Bernie 21, so like 1%. After 1% results in you think it is fair to say race is over? What kind of twists and turns could happen? Say, Bernie says he wont release his health records. That would be a big deal for a 78 year old man who had a heart attack 16 weeks prior and who tried to cover that up.

I hope it is Bernie v Trump. Bernie would cook that orange goose in a debate. But this is a race which is 1% in bag.

Comment

I guess we'll see. If Bernie leads Bloomberg in delegates after super Tuesday with something like 700 to Bloomberg's 300, do you think Bloomberg would keep spending money to push for a brokered convention, or do you think that he would do the honorable thing and drop out when and if its apparent he couldn't win?

I suspect he'll spend the $2 Bn he planned to whether he has a path to winning or not. Now, when it's clear that Bernie has the most support and clearest path to a large plurality of delegates, if Bloomberg spends over $1 Bn in partially negative ads attacking Sanders... all of which the media will parrot and continue brainwashing elderly voters to hate Bernie... would you then admit you were wrong?

It seems clear at this point that Bernie will be the nominee, so I'm beyond the horse race stuff. I want to see the anti-Bernie stuff stop ASAP, so he needs to start dominating early to avoid a negative news cycle.
            If only something like this happened 4 years ago.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
              I mean, Bernie is looking good after the couple of tiny all white states have reported. But for a bit of perspective, you need 1990 delegates for nomination, right? Pete has 22, Bernie 21, so like 1%. After 1% results in you think it is fair to say race is over? What kind of twists and turns could happen? Say, Bernie says he wont release his health records. That would be a big deal for a 78 year old man who had a heart attack 16 weeks prior and who tried to cover that up.

I hope it is Bernie v Trump. Bernie would cook that orange goose in a debate. But this is a race which is 1% in bag.
              Bernie has the most support from blacks, Hispanic, all POC as a whole, and whites as a whole. The only group he trails with is white men.

Yes, very few delegates are counted. I also shouldn't feel secure that the DNC won't rig the election, so you make a good point.

Hilarious that I say I'm beyond the horse race, and 4 people jump in to say that the race isnt over. The shift in support for Bernie over the last 3 weeks is insane. He's up in every national poll by large margins, averaging up 11 pts nationally after being 5 pts back of Biden before Iowa. Biden and Warren's bases are both heavily going to move towards Bernie, I think... also, unless the DNC are trying to hurt Bernie as much as possible, with a broad list of reasons to reject voters and force provisional ballots on people (600K provisional ballots in 'Cali in '16), and multiple screens of names to scroll through (gee, Biden and Bloomberg on the 1st page should do well... better than being on a page you need to scroll to)... all of the fuckery won't stop him now though.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Things are indeed looking great for Bernie, it's very exciting!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• looks like everyone was waiting to take a shot at Bloomberg. Except Pete. Who is getting Booed.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Holy Shit did Warren just destroy Bloomberg on the NDAs and sexual harrassment
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Holy Shit did Warren just destroy Bloomberg on the NDAs and sexual harrassment
                      Yeah, that was awesome. She's also going to take from those who flee Klobuchar, as Klobuchar has gotten obliterated, and Warren was so nice to forgive her for forgetting the Mexican President's name.

I bet Warren can pull up into 2nd in Nevada now, as The View and MSM get back behind her as a last stand against Bernie. Finishing below 2nd would end all the other candidates campaigns except Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg. Interesting turn of events.

Comment

Yeah, that was awesome. She's also going to take from those who flee Klobuchar, as Klobuchar has gotten obliterated, and Warren was so nice to forgive her for forgetting the Mexican President's name.

I bet Warren can pull up into 2nd in Nevada now, as The View and MSM get back behind her as a last stand against Bernie. Finishing below 2nd would end all the other candidates campaigns except Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg. Interesting turn of events.
                        She looks really strong tonight. Bloomberg has nothing. He just has the "electability" argument which is going to take a hit after tonight
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Holy Shit did Warren just destroy Bloomberg on the NDAs and sexual harrassment
                          A preview of what she'd do to Trump in a debate. Granted, Trump is much more difficult to debate than the stoic to the point of being comatose Bloomberg but she is completely fearless.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            A preview of what she'd do to Trump in a debate. Granted, Trump is much more difficult to debate than the stoic to the point of being comatose Bloomberg but she is completely fearless.
                            Really, really impressive tonight.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Don't get ahead of yourself based on one performance. She was terrible in the last debate and admitted so herself.

Did you miss her getting heckled and having no clue how to respond, waiting for Ayanna Pressly to rescue her on the stage? She's been great tonight for the most part, but extremely inconsistent over the campaign.

Comment

Yeah, I gotta say, I wasn't sure she had it in her. She needed to come out swinging and she did.

Comment

Working...
                                X