Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    with all this discussion about efficiency - the reason to move to state sponsored health care isn't for efficiency's sake; it's to help people who most need it.
    Efficiency is a driving force related to minimizing the costs. So you cant really talk about "affordable" if you dont figure efficiency into the equation. Is the government supposed to do this program and create more deficit spending? If single payer is to succeed it has to be a break even proposition at worst.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      with all this discussion about efficiency - the reason to move to state sponsored health care isn't for efficiency's sake; it's to help people who most need it.
      How a public health-care system we consider among the world’s best came to fail hundreds of people waiting for stem cell transplants.

3rd paragraph below the bullet points contradicts your post

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        And she backtracked within 24 hours.
        Good to hear - so she floated the idea of eliminating private insurance. Myself and Nots have stated that it didnt seem to make sense and have been jumped on for the last couple days because we said that idea is fool-hearty. At least she was willing to backtrack - I havent seen much of that here.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Efficiency is a driving force related to minimizing the costs. So you cant really talk about "affordable" if you dont figure efficiency into the equation. Is the government supposed to do this program and create more deficit spending? If single payer is to succeed it has to be a break even proposition at worst.
          Huh? We've no problem running deficits for tax cuts and defense spending but healthcare has to be deficit-neutral? Gimme a break.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

And she backtracked within 24 hours.

Yes, but folks in here seem to be supportive of eliminating private health care

Comment

Good to hear - so she floated the idea of eliminating private insurance. Myself and Nots have stated that it didnt seem to make sense and have been jumped on for the last couple days because we said that idea is fool-hearty. At least she was willing to backtrack - I havent seen much of that here.
              She was directly asked the question and bungled her answer.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                Yes, but folks in here seem to be supportive of eliminating private health care
                I don't think it would be feasible to eliminate it completely and any serious effort at single payer will have to be gradual. The system can't handle such a dramatic change in one fell swoop.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Huh? We've no problem running deficits for tax cuts and defense spending but healthcare has to be deficit-neutral? Gimme a break.
                  Medicare is running a deficit too—a very large and ever increasing one.

Comment

I don't think it would be feasible to eliminate it completely and any serious effort at single payer will have to be gradual. The system can't handle such a dramatic change in one fell swoop.
                    I certainly agree with that.

Comment

Medicare is running a deficit too—a very large and ever increasing one.
                      Yep which is one of many reasons why passing a $1.5T tax cut made no sense.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I get the feeling some folks here wouldn't mind if we went back to the days when the injured, old, and weak were culled by wolves and weather. All you bleeding hearts are just weakening the gene pool and forcing the strong and able to keep alive weak and feeble folks who aren't even related to us! It goes against nature, and it isn't in the Constitution!

Comment

Yep which is one of many reasons why passing a $1.5T tax cut made no sense.
                          I mean I guess, but the tax cut is nickels and dimes compared to what Medicare for all is going to cost.

Comment

No, it is a concern. You have 500,000 people out of work, many of whom won’t have the skills or the ability to sign on with the federal government for the massive new program you created. You have flooded the market by eliminating private insurance and created a need for workers to fill dissimilar jobs. Spoiler alert: the Canadian system you seem so fond of also allows for private insurance. In fact, it’s neccessary for dental and drugs.
                            Lost in your snark apparently was an answer to the question I asked you: how well is the federal government handling our Veterans health care? If Medicare is doing so well it needs to replicated and expanded, why is there such a financial shortfall and what are your plans to fill in the current shortfall?
                            Ok, I'm glad you clarified. Putting some people temporarily out of work while employing many more was the problem. Not half a million people losing their jobs.

I'll take a look at your VA and medicair questions if you address why our system which costs so much more than other countries on a per capita basis doesn't need to be fixed. Or why it is more efficient or better than universal health care that is common throughout Europe. What are we getting for the extra 50% we pay ? Or maybe you are just claiming that our government in particular is incapable of providing good health care ?
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have stated for a while that our government needs to stop running these trillion dollar deficits - why would I endorse more of them. Apparently you are comfortable with our governments deficit spending. I dont believe it to be sustainable - so if you want "health care for all" you have to do it and not bankrupt the country. You do that and "the ones that need it" wont be able to get it.

Comment

I have stated for a while that our government needs to stop running these trillion dollar deficits - why would I endorse more of them. Apparently you are comfortable with our governments deficit spending. I dont believe it to be sustainable - so if you want "health care for all" you have to do it and not bankrupt the country. You do that and "the ones that need it" wont be able to get it.
                                57% of discretionary funding is going to the military this year. We have the money, we just choose to waste it on an unnecessary imperialist military empire.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X