No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, on grand conspiracies, I echo B-Fly and others that find it hilariously improbable that the DNC or any large political entity (but especially the DNC) would be capable of such a thing (not morally, but in terms of capability and competence). This is obviously an embarrassment highlighting incompetence and poor planning. But the mind sees what it wants, I suppose, and if you want to see a conspiracy, you will see it, even when the party centrist frontrunner, Biden, does horribly. Not sure how that fits in the conspiracy, but again, if you want to see it, I guess you make it fit. But I think touting such a conspiracy as undeniable truth with such flimsy evidence does Bernie and how he and his supporters are perceived no favors. You cry wolf this clearly and loudly on something this early and without firm evidence, and it may make some skeptical if/when some more heard evidence comes out on this issue or for something else down the road--which it may.

Comment

• Amazing how the tinfoil hats have swung on the pendulum here in 'Merica.

I thought only the far-righties were the conspiracy theorists.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• They've been crying wolf for four years, why is anyone surprised?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          Amazing how the tinfoil hats have swung on the pendulum here in 'Merica.

I thought only the far-righties were the conspiracy theorists.
          Come on now, the far left has often been prone to conspiracies. Genetically modified food opponents and anti-vaxxers are two that immediately come to mind.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Sanders released further internal totals from 60% of the vote.

1st ballot:

Sanders 29.08%
            Buttigieg 21.63%
            Warren 19.51%
            Klobuchar 12.27%
            Biden 12.04%

Post-alignment:

Sanders 29.4%
            Buttigieg 24.87%
            Warren 20.65%
            Biden 12.92%
            Klobuchar 11.18%

That's from this video.

Why should I believe Bernie's internal totals? Heck, any of the other candidates can say there internal totals show them winning. Seems to me that Bernie is only going to throw gas on the conspiracy theories.

I'm shocked that Bernie would be more invested in Bernie than unity in the Democratic Party. SHOCKED!!!
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              That younger woman is much kinder than I would be with the older lady. Also, I thought Iowans justify their ridiculous placement i this process with how informed they are. I guess not all of them.
              Might as well be kind, it's not like you are going to convince her to reconsider by telling her how dumb she is.

Comment

Why should I believe Bernie's internal totals? Heck, any of the other candidates can say there internal totals show them winning. Seems to me that Bernie is only going to throw gas on the conspiracy theories.

I'm shocked that Bernie would be more invested in Bernie than unity in the Democratic Party. SHOCKED!!!
                News flash, every candidate is more invested in themselves than Democratic Party unity, lol.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Also, on grand conspiracies, I echo B-Fly and others that find it hilariously improbable that the DNC or any large political entity (but especially the DNC) would be capable of such a thing (not morally, but in terms of capability and competence). This is obviously an embarrassment highlighting incompetence and poor planning. But the mind sees what it wants, I suppose, and if you want to see a conspiracy, you will see it, even when the party centrist frontrunner, Biden, does horribly. Not sure how that fits in the conspiracy, but again, if you want to see it, I guess you make it fit. But I think touting such a conspiracy as undeniable truth with such flimsy evidence does Bernie and how he and his supporters are perceived no favors. You cry wolf this clearly and loudly on something this early and without firm evidence, and it may make some skeptical if/when some more heard evidence comes out on this issue or for something else down the road--which it may.

I wish all Bernie supporters would read this, I think it is very good advice

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Might as well be kind, it's not like you are going to convince her to reconsider by telling her how dumb she is.
                    This is true. Honestly, I talk a big game, but I probably would have not wasted the effort to try to convince her. I would have kept it polite too, especially if I had my son there like she did. Good role-modeling by her.

Comment

Also, on grand conspiracies, I echo B-Fly and others that find it hilariously improbable that the DNC or any large political entity (but especially the DNC) would be capable of such a thing (not morally, but in terms of capability and competence). This is obviously an embarrassment highlighting incompetence and poor planning. But the mind sees what it wants, I suppose, and if you want to see a conspiracy, you will see it, even when the party centrist frontrunner, Biden, does horribly. Not sure how that fits in the conspiracy, but again, if you want to see it, I guess you make it fit. But I think touting such a conspiracy as undeniable truth with such flimsy evidence does Bernie and how he and his supporters are perceived no favors. You cry wolf this clearly and loudly on something this early and without firm evidence, and it may make some skeptical if/when some more heard evidence comes out on this issue or for something else down the road--which it may.
                      One other note, it is much more probable that Democrats award contracts to "friends" and supporters as a way of financially rewarding them and that is why Shadow is making the app - as opposed to them being involved with the intent of having the app change the results.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Iowa is just gross incompetence, as is common in virtually any big quasi govt operation trying something new. My go to site, pitcherlist.com is down until tomorrow as I eagerly await the updated top 100 sp, and the message is "sorry, our servers are in Iowa", as in this is just a goof up. Terrible look for dems, though as der fuhrer can point to his R quick efficient count and 98% or whatever vote plus point out how his favorable rating is at an all time high.

Between Muehler and impeachment, trump can say you came at the king twice and missed, now I get to control the narrative in ways you cant fathom and no amount of wrongdoing will get me.

Comment

Did you see Klobuchar get eviscerated? I loved this one. Coming from the vicious asshole who you supported for her pragmatism, i relish her getting an interview like this. It's hilarious to see you flailing away so furiously at Sanders supporters.

The teenager Klobuchar put away with bogus evidence lost his mom while in prison. She died in a traffic accident traveling to see her son in prison. When his mother was killed, he was disallowed from attending her funeral by Klobuchar. Any thoughts on any of this actual real world impact stuff, or you want to continue the bitching and moaning about Bernie's lack of unity, since he was more well prepared to count actual votes than the fucking DNC? Hmm?

I'm going to love this entire campaign, and watching all of the dismissive assholes on this site get behind the candidate that you've been dismissing for years. Fuck all the haters.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Ghandi
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I wish all Bernie supporters would read this, I think it is very good advice

https://twitter.com/NaomiAKlein/stat...95158303809536
                            I agree. It is an important reminder. I wish Bernie's most passionate followers took their ques from Bernie more--focus on the issues. It works for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              One other note, it is much more probable that Democrats award contracts to "friends" and supporters as a way of financially rewarding them and that is why Shadow is making the app - as opposed to them being involved with the intent of having the app change the results.
                              Yes, this I believe.

Comment

I agree. It is an important reminder. I wish Bernie's most passionate followers took their ques from Bernie more--focus on the issues. It works for him.
                                Nah, personal grudges for me all day, thanks.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X