Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
    I'm glad he seems to be losing momentum. I think he's an aspirational candidate; voters want him to be more than he actually is, not unlike the short-lived Beto phenomenon. He's clearly extremely bright and poised and I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes in the next few year but he doesn't have the experience yet. I've always been puzzled as to why/how he had so much more support than someone like Cory Booker, who is so much more qualified. My long-time friend who is African American says he's a reminder of every time a woman and/or African-American was passed over for someone less qualified. I don't feel it's my place as a white male to comment on that but I do think there are many nuanced racial and gender-based dynamics firmly at play here (and everywhere in the election).
    I agree, but to add on - when he pretends he doesnt understand anything about Mckinsey and what they are about it is a huge red flag. He wants the support from them and other powerful groups without acknowledgimg that he will represent their interests. And his record as a mayor isnt really spectacular to say the least.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      lol, I don't believe most politicians, it seems a little silly to do so. And he is less believable than most. I have no idea why any Dem would support him.
      I suppose another way to look at it is for you to explain to me why i should believe/trust him

Edit- you meaning sour masher
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        It's funny that I feel you and I see eye to eye more often than most of my progressive/left leaning brethren.

Maybe I'm a closet--conservative!

Nahhhhhh.
        Maybe a closet libertarian?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Bernie Sanders has already pushed out an ad with Rogan's endorsement. His reasoning is pretty great, talking about the power of Sanders' consistency.

Another take on Rogan's endorsement.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/s...034311680?s=19
            "They have the same support base, bearded white dudes." - Lol, gimme a break. He makes some valid points but there are polls and stats that clearly destroy his assumption about who supports Bernie.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

"They have the same support base, bearded white dudes." - Lol, gimme a break. He makes some valid points but there are polls and stats that clearly destroy his assumption about who supports Bernie.
              I'd be glad to post them if you disagree. It's like Horns 4 years ago saying that only old white guys support Sanders, when the reality is he is stronger with other groups.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It was not a blanket criticism and he was clearly making a joke, yeesh.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

It was not a blanket criticism and he was clearly making a joke, yeesh.
                  yeah, his criticism was clearly a joke just a joke. So what part of that was I supposed to take seriously ?

EDIT - I suppose it would be a better joke if it wasn't the exact same criticism that everyone uses to attack him.
                  Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 01-24-2020, 09:22 PM.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

yeah, his criticism was clearly a joke just a joke. So what part of that was I supposed to take seriously ?

EDIT - I suppose it would be a better joke if it wasn't the exact same criticism that everyone uses to attack him.
                    Everyone says he's actually Joe Rogan?
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

well this guy does. Honestly, it's just one guy I've never heard of so its not really a big deal. But I certainly didn't get the impression he was joking at all. Probably my lack of reading comprehension
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/s...034311680?s=19
                        you can read some more of his stuff here, linked from his twitter page. The guy clearly doesn't like Bernie, which is fine. Bernie has his issues, as do all the candidates.

Green Book wasn’t just the story of a white savior who centered himself in the story of a queer black genius in the 1960s. It also happened to be a real guide as to where it was safe for black folks to eat, sleep and socialize—kind of like a Black Yelp. Why does that matter? Because after 26 weeks of ranking…

I'm not even sure why I am posting, lol, I've never listened to Joe Rogan in my life, really have no idea who he is. I guess I just reacted to the whole "white guys with Beards love Bernie" BS
                        Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 01-24-2020, 10:20 PM.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

no, everyone says he is only supported by a bunch of white guys with beards, but you knew that
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• CNN announced 2 town Hall events, featuring 8 candidates, just before the New Hampshire vote. Unbelievably, they have the 8 spots to the top 5, plus Yang, Steyer, and Deval fucking Patrick. So they shut out Tulsi Gabbard, despite her polling strong in New Hampshire, and just to show how blatant the snub is, they give Tulsi's spot to absolute zero percenter Deval Patrick.

I don't agree with Tulsi on everything, but this is so clearly anti-democratic. The media is such trash. Deval Patrick... gimme a break.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

you can read some more of his stuff here, linked from his twitter page. The guy clearly doesn't like Bernie, which is fine. Bernie has his issues, as do all the candidates.

Green Book wasn’t just the story of a white savior who centered himself in the story of a queer black genius in the 1960s. It also happened to be a real guide as to where it was safe for black folks to eat, sleep and socialize—kind of like a Black Yelp. Why does that matter? Because after 26 weeks of ranking…

I'm not even sure why I am posting, lol, I've never listened to Joe Rogan in my life, really have no idea who he is. I guess I just reacted to the whole "white guys with Beards love Bernie" BS
                              My wife reads The Root all of the time, and she's consistently told me that Sanders still has issues with race. However, over the last few days, when The Root published an article claiming that Sanders' use of the term 'wage slavery' was something he should apologize for, they saw a ton of backlash. Readers saying Sanders has the least problematic record on race, and the whole thing is bullshit.

I also question why they still employ Jason Johnson, political science professor and general centrist dumbass. He said a year ago that Sanders was finished after the attack about women on his staff being sexually harassed, claiming Sanders would drop out by August. He recently stated that Sanders' supporters "are not ideological, it's a cult of personality". The guy is a moron, yet propped up by MSNBC and CNN as an expert.

Michael Harriet did the "Buttigieg is a lying MF" piece, which I found much more sensationalist than substantive.

Other than those 2, I usually like their content, but they aren't necessarily representative of a monolithic black perspective, they have black writers of all persuasions. That should be a good thing, but Johnson in particular is a coddled media figure with zero connection to reality. I would respect his centrist leanings if he ever contained an ounce of valuable insight. They should cut him loose.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                CNN announced 2 town Hall events, featuring 8 candidates, just before the New Hampshire vote. Unbelievably, they have the 8 spots to the top 5, plus Yang, Steyer, and Deval fucking Patrick. So they shut out Tulsi Gabbard, despite her polling strong in New Hampshire, and just to show how blatant the snub is, they give Tulsi's spot to absolute zero percenter Deval Patrick.

I don't agree with Tulsi on everything, but this is so clearly anti-democratic. The media is such trash. Deval Patrick... gimme a break.
                                CNN is definitely not an arm of the DNC. Definitely not.
                                Maybe they wanted minority representation on the debate stage....it’s not like Gabbard could fulfill that role.

Comment

Working...
                                X