Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    I hate myself for devoting anymore mental energy to HRC, but today’s hatchet job on Sanders signals to me at least, that the corporate part of the Democratic Party is very worried about the Sanders campaign and is pulling out all the stops to derail him. Again, I am not a Sanders supporter, but I think their alarm on how this plays out is very fair.
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she were asserting any and all influence behind the scenes to get anyone but Bernie the nomination.

She's Vile, Vile person.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she were asserting any and all influence behind the scenes to get anyone but Bernie the nomination.

She's Vile, Vile person.
      Nah man, you've always overblown how corrupt and disgusting she is.

Here, let Harvey Weinstein explain how sexist Bernie Sanders is on Morning Joe, circa 2016.

Revisiting this is a good reminder of how awful the entire media apparatus is.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Nah man, you've always overblown how corrupt and disgusting she is.

Here, let Harvey Weinstein explain how sexist Bernie Sanders is on Morning Joe, circa 2016.

Revisiting this is a good reminder of how awful the entire media apparatus is.

Thanks man, I needed a laugh :P
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Lots of stuff happening that I'll touch on.

That Joy Reid clip with the 'body language expert' who claimed that you could tell Sanders was lying because of the way he hunches his back, etc. This passes for news these days.

The ABC news clip that showed a banner on the screen with 6 candidates for President, and Sanders not listed, but 'other' as an option. So awful they needed to issue an apology and explanation.

https://abc7news.com/5867870

Yesterday, the entire lefty media berated Sanders and whined that he was making a bad move in apologizing to Biden. This was interesting. Biden recently attacked Sanders by lying that Sanders' team "deceptively edited video" of him claiming to have attempted cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Then yesterday, Zephyr Teachout (campaign surrogate) put out an article regarding Biden's corruption. Media firestorm started quickly, and Sanders issued an apology to Biden. I thought there was more to the story, as to why he apologized, and continues to be civil with all others. He wants to be the true unifying candidate, but he's done fucking around with lying Joe.

This ad hits hard. Seems like Sanders wanted to avoid the corruption angle so that media couldn't tie him to Trump with impeachment, but also to focus more on the original fight, cutting entitlements. Methinks this ad hurts Biden.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Latest CNN poll shows good news for the good guys:

Biden 53%, Trump 44%
            Bloomberg 52%, Trump 43%
            Sanders 52%, Trump 45%
            Warren 50%, Trump 45%
            Buttigieg 49%, Trump 45%
            Klobuchar 48%, Trump 45%

Comment

• Sanders' surge continues!

Latest Morning Consult poll shows Bernie closing the gap, from a 6 pt deficit down to 5 pts, even as the Warren spat hurt his overall favorability 6%. Lots of people turned off by the MSM smear. Other than that, numbers look great for Sanders' overall momentum.

All Democratic Primary voters:

Biden 29
              Sanders 24
              Warren 15
              Bloomberg 10
              Buttigieg 8
              Yang 4
              Klobuchar 3
              Steyer 3
              Gabbard 2

Early primary states:

Biden 26
              Sanders 23
              Steyer 15 (??!!)
              Warren 12
              Buttigieg 11
              Yang 4
              Bloomberg 3
              Gabbard 3
              Klobuchar 2

Super Tuesday:

Biden 27
              Sanders 25
              Warren 15
              Bloomberg 11
              Buttigieg 7
              Yang 5
              Klobuchar 3
              Steyer 3
              Gabbard 2

Comment

• I suspect, given how beloved Tulsi is here, and how despised HRC is, that folks will see this and cheer Tulsi on as putting HRC in her place. In any event, this seems pretty unusual--to sue a political rival for defamation. I'm not a fan of a politician going the litigious route with a rival. Trump threatens to do this, but I don't think he has actually done it. This is a first in my memory. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...FbS?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I suspect, given how beloved Tulsi is here, and how despised HRC is, that folks will see this and cheer Tulsi on as putting HRC in her place. In any event, this seems pretty unusual--to sue a political rival for defamation. I'm not a fan of a politician going the litigious route with a rival. Trump threatens to do this, but I don't think he has actually done it. This is a first in my memory. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...FbS?li=BBnb7Kz
                  Big Tulsi fan, but this is a terrible mistake on her part. Her tweet stuffing Hillary in a locker should have been the end of it. Really disappointed by this news.
                  On a broader note, I am not sure what she is doing career wise lately. She obviously has a lot of problems with the Democratic Party and she is effectively lighting that bridge on fire. Her economic views would seem to make joining the GOP a non-starter. As a Libertarian, I would love to have her as the face of the party due to her military adventurism views, but that pretty much consigns her to being meaningless as no one really cares who the face of the Libertarian party is. She already has announced she is out as a Congress person. She doesn’t seem to fit the corporate lobbyist profile......very strange.
                  Last edited by nots; 01-22-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I suspect, given how beloved Tulsi is here, and how despised HRC is, that folks will see this and cheer Tulsi on as putting HRC in her place. In any event, this seems pretty unusual--to sue a political rival for defamation. I'm not a fan of a politician going the litigious route with a rival. Trump threatens to do this, but I don't think he has actually done it. This is a first in my memory. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...FbS?li=BBnb7Kz
                    It's one way to get HRC to 1. Admit she was wrong or apologize or 2. (because hell won't freeze over) Shut HRC up and hit her in the pocketbook. Either, since you can't hit someone in the head with a bat for being a douchebag, a lawsuit seems to be the way to hurt em.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      The cant imagine re: billionaire class would want to do right thing is projection. Gates as an example, he recently pointed out he has paid more in taxes than any person in history over his lifetime, and if he had to have paid double via Warren plan, he would not be especially devastated. Part of this, as I would hope anyone knows, is he has structured his wealth to be primarily a vehicle to improving lives, reducing inequality, and ending sickness. You could spend time on the Gates Foundation website and see the literal millions of lives affected in foundations efforts eradicating certain sickness and disease around world.

Gates plan is to give 99% of his money away, but simple taxation of 99% would be poisonous. Gates spends his funds way more effectively than any government could. Another, Warren Buffet, who for decades has been # 2 richest person has also pledged more than 99% of his wealth to charity, and you can go online to see how those efforts have manifested over the decades while still understanding simple govt theft of wealth would have short circuited what is infinitely more effective in Buffet hands that govt waste. Contrast this with Trump, who is notoriously self dealing to personally profit from any move. Over and over again, even Trumps charities are fronts for pocketing money to himself, and courts have to order that funds go to proper recipients, just a terrible creature.
                      Not directly related to Gates anymore, but interesting nonetheless. I doubt Microsoft under Gates was operating much differently.

Microsoft had shifted at least $39 billion in U.S. profits to Puerto Rico, where the company’s tax consultants, KPMG, had persuaded the territory’s government to give Microsoft a tax rate of nearly 0%. Microsoft had justified this transfer with a ludicrous-sounding deal: It had sold its most valuable possession — its intellectual property — to an 85-person factory it owned in a small Puerto Rican city.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm not sure what the Top 5 most valuable endorsements would be at this time. AOC is top 5. Obama would be, if he endorses someone. Not sure who else would hold as much sway (maybe if The View made an endorsement), or maybe if Beyonce and Jay-Z did.

Definitely in the top 5 most impactful endorsements, Joe Rogan says he's "probably voting for Bernie". Yes, all you Libertarians, come along. Feel the Bern!

Comment

I'm not sure what the Top 5 most valuable endorsements would be at this time. AOC is top 5. Obama would be, if he endorses someone. Not sure who else would hold as much sway (maybe if The View made an endorsement), or maybe if Beyonce and Jay-Z did.

Definitely in the top 5 most impactful endorsements, Joe Rogan says he's "probably voting for Bernie". Yes, all you Libertarians, come along. Feel the Bern!
                          Stacey Abrams if she would give one.
                          Oprah Winfrey if she would give one.
                          I assume Michelle Obama would not give one separate and apart from Barack Obama.

Comment

I'm not sure what the Top 5 most valuable endorsements would be at this time. AOC is top 5. Obama would be, if he endorses someone. Not sure who else would hold as much sway (maybe if The View made an endorsement), or maybe if Beyonce and Jay-Z did.

Would AOC really be valuable? I would think that most AOC voters are probably already in the Bernie camp, no? Obama would be huge, but I would imagine he will just endorse at the end of the primary, especially since he's probably still personally friendly with Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              Stacey Abrams if she would give one.
                              Oprah Winfrey if she would give one.
                              I assume Michelle Obama would not give one separate and apart from Barack Obama.
                              Stacey Abrams should be on Bernie's ticket. Her or Tulsi.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Stacey Abrams should be on Bernie's ticket. Her or Tulsi.
                                Any of the candidates would be lucky (and smart) to have Abrams.

Gabbard, on the other hand, is another story. I'm still unsure how self-proclaimed progressives can get behind her.

Comment

Working...
                                X