• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    At least you admit he is smooth!
    In the douche baggy i am lying to you way he is super smooth
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      In the douche baggy i am lying to you way he is super smooth
      What do you think he is lying about? (everything is too easy an answer).

Comment

Too slow i can't remember
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Too slow i can't remember
          Believe him at your own risk
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So what was your opinion on the bernie/warren exchange?
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So what was your opinion on the bernie/warren exchange?
              I didn't see it, just read about it. The account is what I thought it would be. I like Bernie just as much as I did before, and Warren a little less for what appears to have been a calculated move to make this a thing right now for a fellow that doesn't deserve it. These are as a person feelings. I still think Warren would make a fine president.

Comment

• Honestly the whole thing was pretty meaningless. But we can see.what the experts tell us
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Believe him at your own risk
                  I believe he'd be a better president than Trump, and I believe if he got the chance, he'd eviscerate Trump in debates, if Trump shows up to them. But I know how you feel about electability as a criteria for backing a candidate.

Comment

I didn't see it, just read about it. The account is what I thought it would be. I like Bernie just as much as I did before, and Warren a little less for what appears to have been a calculated move to make this a thing right now for a fellow that doesn't deserve it. These are as a person feelings. I still think Warren would make a fine president.
                    I would not.be unhappy at all if she was elected. But she seemed very weak on an issue she elevated
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I would not.be unhappy at all if she was elected. But she seemed very weak on an issue she elevated
                      Bernie basically called bullshit and she danced around. For all that matters
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I believe he'd be a better president than Trump, and I believe if he got the chance, he'd eviscerate Trump in debates, if Trump shows up to them. But I know how you feel about electability as a criteria for backing a candidate.
                        If u like and trust him then support him. Being better than trump is a very low bar
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Bernie basically called bullshit and she danced around. For all that matters
                          I think Bernie's approach to solving problems is a little ham-fisted and sometimes go farther than I would and are overly/needlessly costly. For instance, I wholly agree that higher education costs are a real and ever-growing problem in the country. I paid my way through college with minimal debt, and I would not be able to do that if I were going today. But universal free rides goes farther than it needs to and will have some unintended consequences (just one being that I see entirely too many kids now that go to college cuz it is expected of them, but don't care for higher ed and don't end up using their degrees--that number would go up if it were free).

That is the preamble to this--I have always admired the man, and that is growing to a tipping point. It is so rare, so refreshing to see a man whose whole life has been devoted to the good of others, whose consistency can be counted on like the rising of the sun, whose integrity is unwavering. I would not want every single thing Bernie wants to do to come about exactly as he'd want it. But I also do not think he'd be able to do that as president, and I am coming around to the idea that he should be the one to be there fighting the good fight--because he will, as he always has. He is like Mr. Rogers for me--I am not a Christian, but I admire how he lived his life. I am not in line with all Bernie's ideas, but I admire the guy like no one else in politics right now.

I just wish he were about 10 years younger and didn't have a recent heart attack. I know I keep harping on this, but him going down for health reasons in the general scares me!

Comment

If u like and trust him then support him. Being better than trump is a very low bar
                            Beating Trump, depressingly, is turning out NOT to be a low bar. If the candidate cannot beat Trump, his or her agenda does not matter. You and I see electability differently. That won't change. Not in this election, not against Trump. We need to beat him and replace him with someone better. All the candidates are so, so much better. I will support anyone who ends up facing him 100%.

ETA: My main electability issues for Pete are related to his horrid support among AA. Huge red flag. He won't beat Trump if he can't get the AA vote to turn out. And, of course, he won't even make it that far, largely for the same reason.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-14-2020, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Beating Trump, depressingly, is turning out NOT to be a low bar. If the candidate cannot beat Trump, his or her agenda does not matter. You and I see electability differently. That won't change. Not in this election, not against Trump. We need to beat him and replace him with someone better. All the candidates are so, so much better. I will support anyone who ends up facing him 100%.

ETA: My main electability issues for Pete are related to his horrid support among AA. Huge red flag. He won't beat Trump if he can't get the AA vote to turn out. And, of course, he won't even make it that far, largely for the same reason.
                              I am so tired of the "better than trump" discussion. It is not even worth talking about. 8 years of Obama and he didnt do enough for people to show up against an orange clown. Maybe the.dems need to actually have some polices people will vote for
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I am so tired of the "better than trump" discussion. It is not even worth talking about. 8 years of Obama and he didnt do enough for people to show up against an orange clown. Maybe the.dems need to actually have some polices people will vote for
                                How did better than trump work in 2016 ?
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X