No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this commentary from Republican pollster Frank Luntz really interesting. Solid mix of Democratic leaning voters, and a few seemed fired up by Bernie, while Biden's supporters didn't think he performed well. Small sample size applies, 50 or so voters is tiny. But their perspectives were quite illuminating.

The first 2h56min is tracking live polling reactions with no sound. But the last 44:30 is the live commentary part.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Just typical media msm bias against Sanders...oh wait, they are praising him?! Quick, get the take before it is taken down: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ave-debate.amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Just typical media msm bias against Sanders...oh wait, they are praising him?! Quick, get the take before it is taken down: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ave-debate.amp
        Slate is mainstream media ?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Trump won't debate if he thinks it could hurt him. Just because it's always been done before doesn't mean anything to him and won't necessarily hurt him for saying no. See non-release of tax returns. And why are you confident there will be no announcement like the Comey announcement? I'm pretty sure Barr would love to throw out whatever he could to help his patron get elected again and would have zero scruples against doing so.
          Trump will debate. He loves the spotlight too much. Also, he will think he is better at debating than anyone he goes up against. In that, he may not be wrong. He held his own against Hillary, who can dabate with any of these suspects.

I'm with Brian. This will be a referendum on all of the things that have been done to stop, slow, harass or evict President Trump. Given the kangaroo court nature of the impeachment hearings, that is not a good thing for the resistance.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Slate is mainstream media ?
            If it is not, it really puts a dent in the narrative that Sanders never, ever gets positive coverage in the MSM. I'm not saying Sanders doesn't get shorted or ignored by MSNBC or other places, but I've seen Slate and similar outlets give Sanders his due from time to time. I've harped before on how we define MSM, so I really don't know what counts. I know it is very liberal, but it seems more mainstream to me than TYT and The Hill, but I really don't know.

Whatever the case, I don't always agree with Slate articles, but I do with this one. Sanders must have been tickled pink that Warren took that shot, and I'd bet so was Pete, because he got to call her out for her taking big donations in the past. I know you think Pete is stale bread, but the dude prepares very well. That said, I don't know what he could have said if Sanders was the attacker on this. Still, Sanders benefits from having this an issue, but being on the sidelines of the mud-slinging.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-20-2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Trump will debate. He loves the spotlight too much. Also, he will think he is better at debating than anyone he goes up against. In that, he may not be wrong. He held his own against Hillary, who can dabate with any of these suspects.

J
              He got obliterated in all his debates with HRC. It didn't matter one bit, in the end, but I'm surprised someone who has judged formal debates, as you have, would suggest that Trump was on par with HRC in those debates. Trump rallies well. He plays really well when he can monologue and play off a favorable crowd. He can do that as well as anyone. But his debate performances were putrid. If you are being honest, I'd bet you'd agree.

Comment

• Mayor Pete possibly editing his own Wikipedia page (or someone else weirdly and obsessively editing the page of Mayor Pete and people connected to him):

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Mayor Pete possibly editing his own Wikipedia page (or someone else weirdly and obsessively editing the page of Mayor Pete and people connected to him):

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ge-editor.html
                  Seems to be that Garg fellow from the evidence in the article, although even if it is him, it is weird that his campaign wouldn't acknowledge the previous affiliation with the guy.

Comment

If it is not, it really puts a dent in the narrative that Sanders never, ever gets positive coverage in the MSM. I'm not saying Sanders doesn't get shorted or ignored by MSNBC or other places, but I've seen Slate and similar outlets give Sanders his due from time to time. I've harped before on how we define MSM, so I really don't know what counts. I know it is very liberal, but it seems more mainstream to me than TYT and The Hill, but I really don't know.

Whatever the case, I don't always agree with Slate articles, but I do with this one. Sanders must have been tickled pink that Warren took that shot, and I'd bet so was Pete, because he got to call her out for her taking big donations in the past. I know you think Pete is stale bread, but the dude prepares very well. That said, I don't know what he could have said if Sanders was the attacker on this. Still, Sanders benefits from having this an issue, but being on the sidelines of the mud-slinging.
                    i suspect that people who dont think Bernie is getting a fair shake aren't referring to Slate.
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He got obliterated in all his debates with HRC. It didn't matter one bit, in the end, but I'm surprised someone who has judged formal debates, as you have, would suggest that Trump was on par with HRC in those debates. Trump rallies well. He plays really well when he can monologue and play off a favorable crowd. He can do that as well as anyone. But his debate performances were putrid. If you are being honest, I'd bet you'd agree.
                      If you are counting debate points, HRC did significantly outscore him. Political debates are scored on audience impact. Trump was able to make Clinton seem evasive and indecisive, which counterbalanced. So points vs talking points, if you will. HRC was expected to obliterate him and did not, so Trump held his own. The proof is in the polls.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Bloomberg caught using prison labour for campaign phone calls. Basically a modern day slave operation. Prisoners are paid like 20 cents an hour. B-Fly, wouldn't you say this shows Bloomberg's team at the very least is making use of amoral and problematic subcontractors, a predictable side effect of lighting such a large pile of cash on fire in such a short timespan?

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/24/...-prison-labor/
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Shit must be getting serious, as even Politico has realized they need to stop pretending Bernie has no shot. The entire read is hilarious, how every expert they speak with acts shocked at Sanders' durability. I believe this is why Obama is privately telling his donor base to back Warren right now, the progressive split strategy isn't holding.

The first sentence tells you how dumb or biased these insiders are: "Suddenly, Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign is being taken seriously." They go on to say he could win the first 3 primaries, and has surged in California over recent months. I worry that Warren might fall below the delegate threshold in the early states and fall under 15% in Texas and California. To thread the needle, Bernie would need Warren to collect a sizable delegate total to pair with Sanders to get him over 50% to avoid superdelegates swinging it to Biden in the 2nd round. Not easy for him to do, but he's really counting on outperforming the polls for some surprise wins (seems doable), plus the 2008 Obama path of early wins cementing his electability in the eyes of voters. With Sanders neck and neck for 1st in Iowa and New Hampshire, he only requires a small polling bump from his unlikely voter base to win each. If that propelled Sanders to win Nevada, and Biden to win South Carolina by less than 10 pts, that seems like the only way to convince super Tuesday voters to switch from Biden over to Sanders. Despite polling showing Sanders beating Biden on issues and likeability, Biden still wins on perceived electability. But that's hanging by a thread.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...esident-089636

Comment

• Elizabeth Warren announced her fundraising operation is struggling, donations are down 30% in Q4 from her Q3 total, from $24.6 Mil down to $17 Mil, with 4 days to go in the quarter. It's the first we've heard about Q4 fundraising totals, so we'll see in a few days where the momentum is. Maybe all the candidates are falling.

Either way, it further supports the recent narrative that the race is coming down to Biden v. Sanders.

Elizabeth Warren campaign sounds alarm as fundraising slows down

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              Either way, it further supports the recent narrative that the race is coming down to Biden v. Sanders.
                              Combined age of 155.

Comment

Combined age of 155.
                                Right, but age is only a hindrance to one of them against Trump. Biden's deteriorated too much to remain viable. 2008 Biden could whoop Trump. This version of Biden would get decimated.

Seems like you've been one of the only RJ members to see this as clearly as I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X