No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe, but I did not see that vibe even a little bit in this interview.

I'd be interested in having you dig up the interview (it's the entire second half of the show) to see if it changes your wife's mind at all.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      maybe, but I did not see that vibe even a little bit in this interview.

I'd be interested in having you dig up the interview (it's the entire second half of the show) to see if it changes your wife's mind at all.
      Her opinion was formed during the Kavanaugh case. It isn't about how she shows most if the time, but how most men might recoil from how she can get aggressive. IDK myself. All I know is I doubt she would have acted demure in HRCs position during that debate where Trump stalked way too close behind her. I think she would have told him to back off, and maybe that personality is actually more appealing to many, especially against Trump.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-24-2019, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• I didn't see all of Harris v Kavanaugh, but I was very impressed with Harris in the parts I saw.

And I say this as I wonder if we are yet far removed enough from the proceedings to wonder how in holy hell her colleagues were asking him about his high school/college farting and drinking game lingo.

Hillary's NY Senate landslide was clinched when her dopey opponent Lazio walked across the room and into her space during a debate. it was quite creepy and turned a win into something even more.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Dayum, Senator Bennet called OUT 1jay's 2020 presidential pick Ted Cruz.

Comment

• yeah, I saw that

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Dayum, Senator Bennet called OUT 1jay's 2020 presidential pick Ted Cruz.
              my favorite comment after seeing that video on twitter was someone who commented "I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. And his hair was perfect."
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• One of the most soft spoken, mild mannered voices of the body, Sen Bennet went nuclear. Some snippet was shown but it was a more than 20 minute raining down, with most of it directed at Cruz. Bennet was referring to the 16-day shutdown in 2013 that Cruz was credited with starting after he fought Democratic efforts to reduce Obamacare funding. And this is a man who would love to smack the smirk off Cruz and is not just a playing to cameras.
                Govt now shut down over a medieval wall, a promise Trump made, that Mexico would pay for, but more to the point, Trump was goaded by Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh and chose madness and gibberish and didnt want to sign the bipartisan 100-0 continuing resolution.

Comment

• Some state polls about the '20 election:

Michigan:
                  Warren 46%, Trump 43%
                  Sanders 52%, Trump 41%
                  Harris 47%, Trump 42%
                  Biden 53%, Trump 40%

Texas:
                  O'Rourke 39%, Trump 52%

NH:
                  O'Rourke 48%, Trump 41%
                  Sanders 54%, Trump 41%
                  Warren 54%, Trump 41%
                  Trump 59%, Romney 28%

Comment

• So Kamala wants to eliminate "private health insurance". Not sure how thats gonna fly.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      So Kamala wants to eliminate "private health insurance". Not sure how thats gonna fly.
                      that's the one Q that I haven't heard her handle smoothly so far.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        that's the one Q that I haven't heard her handle smoothly so far.
                        Yeah - I saw one interview and it became clear "eliminate private health insurance" was an attempt to rebrand "single payer/Medicare for all". Again, not sure how that is going to fly. I have to think that there are some HUGE donors, er um I mean lobbyists for the Healthcare/Insurance industry that may have an issue with this.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          Yeah - I saw one interview and it became clear "eliminate private health insurance" was an attempt to rebrand "single payer/Medicare for all". Again, not sure how that is going to fly. I have to think that there are some HUGE donors, er um I mean lobbyists for the Healthcare/Insurance industry that may have an issue with this.
                          How about union folks that have collectively bargained for good health care plans at the expense of pay? Think they are going to be happy to give up their private health insurance?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            How about union folks that have collectively bargained for good health care plans at the expense of pay? Think they are going to be happy to give up their private health insurance?
                            I would - insurance is a big cost for a lot of companies- if they didn’t have to mess with that then they could / should be able to pay better wages. I know where I work we always say we get paid more the our hourly wage we added the insurance on our pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              I would - insurance is a big cost for a lot of companies- if they didn’t have to mess with that then they could / should be able to pay better wages. I know where I work we always say we get paid more the our hourly wage we added the insurance on our pay.
                              Absolutely. When I was the COO/CFO for my local school district, it was exasperating how much health insurance bit out of our overall budget apple for public education and how it ultimately depressed wages and exacerbated management-labor strife. If health insurance were single payer and taken out of the management-labor scope of issues, I suspect everyone would be happier and more generous at the bargaining table.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Absolutely. When I was the COO/CFO for my local school district, it was exasperating how much health insurance bit out of our overall budget apple for public education and how it ultimately depressed wages and exacerbated management-labor strife. If health insurance were single payer and taken out of the management-labor scope of issues, I suspect everyone would be happier and more generous at the bargaining table.
                                Lol, we’ll see.
                                You going to find jobs for the 500,000 private health insurance workers you just put out of business?

Comment

Working...
                                X