No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Booker was great. I'm surprised he hasn't gained at least a little more traction. I think his skill on a debate stage and giving a speech would make him a good running mate choice for the front runners, but they will probably be put off (and reasonably so) by his inability to build a strong base of polling support, particularly among Black voters.

Comment

• After the 3rd debate I said Bernie looked awful, his hoarse voice was a terrible appearance to combat attacks against his age, and I said I was quite worried about his future if he didn't perform better.

Smearing me as an uncritical Bernie bro is so typical of DMT. You cannot stay away from attacking me, yet you continue to avoid even discussing how I was right that Warren wouldn't support M4A and you were wrong. Just baseless nonsense.

As pathetic as it is hilarious.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        You offer nothing, surprising nobody.
        I'd be surprised if DMT offered nothing actually. He has good takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I'd be surprised if DMT offered nothing actually. He has good takes.
          Thanks for the kind words. Unlike TW I don't spend countless hours delving into the flaws of all non-Bernie candidates and don't care to. I supported Bernie in 2016 and will enthusiastically do so again should he win the nomination. But I can also say the same about the rest of the field, despite not being a big fan of Biden or Buttigieg. I may prefer Warren, but am certainly not beholden to only her. This is why I ignore TW's baiting tactics to get me to defend everything she does. Like every candidate, she has her flaws. And like every candidate, she is making promises that she won't be able to keep. That obviously includes Bernie, who everyone, save for his most delusional supporters, understands will not achieve everything he promises.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Thanks for the kind words. Unlike TW I don't spend countless hours delving into the flaws of all non-Bernie candidates and don't care to. I supported Bernie in 2016 and will enthusiastically do so again should he win the nomination. But I can also say the same about the rest of the field, despite not being a big fan of Biden or Buttigieg. I may prefer Warren, but am certainly not beholden to only her. This is why I ignore TW's baiting tactics to get me to defend everything she does. Like every candidate, she has her flaws. And like every candidate, she is making promises that she won't be able to keep. That obviously includes Bernie, who everyone, save for his most delusional supporters, understands will not achieve everything he promises.

Comment

Hahahaha.... yeah, not looking at candidates' platform details puts you above the fray.

I respect Sour Masher's willingness to engage in candidates issues, even when we disagree. But he's the only one willing to do it. Puts DMT's whining into context.

DMT is an empty vessel at this point. Trolling me constantly while refusing to debate me. What a miserable bitter little asshole he is these days.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Did nobody even see or hear about Biden last night? Talking about domestic abuse, he said it's something "we need to keep punching at it, and punching at it, and punching at it.... Not a joke!" Spoken among loud laughter from both audience and candidates, Biden still didnt even understand his error! That wasn't even his worst blunder of the night.

Anybody who watched that debate and thinks Biden is stumbling and bumbling his way past Trump is nuts.

Revo, did you watch this clusterfuck? See the Biden lowlights?

Comment

Comment

Did nobody even see or hear about Biden last night? Talking about domestic abuse, he said it's something "we need to keep punching at it, and punching at it, and punching at it.... Not a joke!" Spoken among loud laughter from both audience and candidates, Biden still didnt even understand his error! That wasn't even his worst blunder of the night.

Anybody who watched that debate and thinks Biden is stumbling and bumbling his way past Trump is nuts.

Revo, did you watch this clusterfuck? See the Biden lowlights?
                    Yes, this was up there on the cringe for Biden. He has moments where I think he is on and can do this, and then stuff like this reminds me that he isn't and I hope voters see it before it's too late. But if most voters ignore this stuff, what can we do? I'm willing to Weekend at Bernie's Biden as a candidate if it comes to him vs Trump. Let's hope, if he comes out of this on top (I still do not think he will), that he picks a younger, sharp, capable VP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Yes, this was up there on the cringe for Biden. He has moments where I think he is on and can do this, and then stuff like this reminds me that he isn't and I hope voters see it before it's too late. But if most voters ignore this stuff, what can we do? I'm willing to Weekend at Bernie's Biden as a candidate if it comes to him vs Trump. Let's hope, if he comes out of this on top (I still do not think he will), that he picks a younger, sharp, capable VP.
                      I think he'll pick Abrams, or at least ask. And that's a home run for anyone (I wish she was running). But I think he's troubling on multiple levels and don't think he will ultimately end up being the nominee.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        I think he'll pick Abrams, or at least ask. And that's a home run for anyone (I wish she was running). But I think he's troubling on multiple levels and don't think he will ultimately end up being the nominee.
                        Yeah, Abrams would be a good pick, and long rumored to be the one he'd make. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          It's very problematic. He would be a Weekend at Bernie's candidate, needing to be dragged across the line. But his corpse is too heavy at this point, impossible to carry on the charade through the general and win.

His answer on why he thinks Republicans will regain their senses when he's elected and work towards bipartisanship when they were staunchly obstructionists through Obama's era was revealing. His only defense is that he's leading in the polls, he can't even comprehend what that question was about at this point. His mental struggles would be mercilessly leveraged by Trump.

We just have to hope Biden finishes 3 or 4 in both Iowa and New Hampshire. He needs to take damage in a couple of primaries for the electability house of cards to fall down. Once his electability argument is gone, he should fall significantly. He would need to mug an old black woman to lose South Carolina, but if he even finished with a slim win margin in SC, that could do the necessary damage. Especially since his cash situation is so bleak. I know he has super PAC funding coming, but I'm not sure if they just buy ads or if they can fund his organizing efforts. Hopefully these factors sink him, regardless of who wins the nomination in his place.

I'm thinking the only way Bernie wins is if he gets the most delegates and if he can combine with Warren to form a unity ticket. It annoys me that he won't call out her coattail riding, but I suspect that's his strategy.

Doesn't really matter, since Bernie would be assassinated if he even sniffed the WH. I heard a professor say this recently. Bernie would get Epstein'd.

Comment

DMT is an empty vessel at this point. Trolling me constantly while refusing to debate me. What a miserable bitter little asshole he is these days.
                            Trump-like projection, well done!
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• New Emerson national poll is huge for Sanders! Not the highest number polled, with a 4.5% margin of error on polling, but nearly twice as many as the last NH poll that showed Buttigieg leading. Head to head is under 3% margin of error.

Sanders 27%
                              Biden 27%
                              Warren 20%
                              Buttigieg 7%
                              Yang 4%
                              Harris 3%
                              Gabbard 2%
                              Steyer 2%
                              Klobuchar 1%
                              Booker 1%
                              Bloomberg 1%

Sanders 51
                              Trump 49

Warren 50
                              Trump 50

Biden 49
                              Trump 51

Buttigieg 48
                              Trump 52

Hmm, electability is disappearing for Biden. I like it.

Comment

New Emerson national poll is huge for Sanders! Not the highest number polled, with a 4.5% margin of error on polling, but nearly twice as many as the last NH poll that showed Buttigieg leading. Head to head is under 3% margin of error.

Sanders 27%
                                Biden 27%
                                Warren 20%
                                Buttigieg 7%
                                Yang 4%
                                Harris 3%
                                Gabbard 2%
                                Steyer 2%
                                Klobuchar 1%
                                Booker 1%
                                Bloomberg 1%

Sanders 51
                                Trump 49

Warren 50
                                Trump 50

Biden 49
                                Trump 51

Buttigieg 48
                                Trump 52

Hmm, electability is disappearing for Biden. I like it.
                                So, you are excited that the chance Bernie is assassinated has gone up?!

Comment

Working...
                                X