Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    HRC was just riffing on my recent post that Tulsi wouldn't be a Dem too much longer, but she took it waaaay out there, giving Tulsi even more reason to pull the pin. I was thinking a year, but it may be much sooner now.
    Can’t see her leaving the Democratic Party. She’s not going to get re-elected in Hawaii (or elected to a different office) as an independent and she knows that. Hawai’i isn’t like Vermont, where Bernie can be an Independent and win.
    Now, if she loses the primary for her current seat, I might agree with you, but at that point she’d have a lot of bigger issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      HRC was just riffing on my recent post that Tulsi wouldn't be a Dem too much longer, but she took it waaaay out there, giving Tulsi even more reason to pull the pin. I was thinking a year, but it may be much sooner now.
      Clinton just needs to go away until after the election.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Tulsi fires back. Didn’t leave much meat on the bone either.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/18/tulsi-...of-corruption/
        She was doing really great with the brutal counter until the bit where she said this primary was really her vs hrc, suggesting 1. Everyone else is really secretly working for hrc, which is a really malicious bit of fakesl news I am sure the far right will run with and 2. That she can rise up to beat the field of evil hrc proxies and the devil herself if she dares steps from behind the current. It made her sound unhinged, or someone angling for her own conspiracy theory podcast.

Here is the crazy bit:
        It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-18-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          She was doing great with the brutal counter until the bit where she said this primary was really her vs hrc, suggesting 1. Everyone else is really secretly working for hrc, and 2. That she can rise up to beat the field of evil hrc surragates, and the devil herself if she dares steps from behind the current. It made her sound unhinged.

Here is the crazy bit:
          It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.
          And I wonder who would benefit from that.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I agree. Nothing excites the gop base more than hating hrc. That is what made Tulsi's suggestion that hrc is secretly the power behind the rest of the field such a dangerous and disturbing one. I would bet that the right will try to paint whoever emerges as having hrc ties. You already see it with some of TW's posts on Warren. The only candidate who would be immune to that tactic would be Sanders, I think.

Comment

And I wonder who would benefit from that.
              What's the implication?

Seriously, Clinton needs to go back to the woods and get lost. Clinton has been threatening to join the 2020 race for a week now, publicly. What kind of egomaniac would do that?

I have my issues with Gabbard, but she's been consistently smeared, and publicly so, for the entire campaign. Where did the NYT writer who called Tulsi a Russian asset get it from? After the 1st debate, when Tulsi was the highest searched candidate, Google shut down her fundraising for 6 hours due to the flurry of activity. After this, every debate Tulsi was in she was highest searched, and every debate a select group of pundits would whisper that Tulsi's google results were from Russian bots. Even the 3rd debate, she was 4th most searched without attending the debate. So instead of thinking interest in Tulsi is due to her anti-war stance and willingness to pummel the shit out of her opponents... no, no, no... its Russia! Pathetic. Why the fuck does she need to re-litigate 2016? After HRC delivers the smear, her advisers call Tulsi's response divisive. Oh, but calling Tulsi a Russian asset was meant to bring everyone together... Fuck her.

If the Russians couldn't even get Tulsi into the 3rd debate, how much can they really control the primary? HRC claiming Jill Stein is also a Russian asset shows you the level of delusional narcissism Clinton suffers from.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I agree. Nothing excites the gop base more than hating hrc. That is what made Tulsi's suggestion that hrc is secretly the power behind the rest of the field such a dangerous and disturbing one. I would bet that the right will try to paint whoever emerges as having hrc ties. You already see it with some of TW's posts on Warren. The only candidate who would be immune to that tactic would be Sanders, I think.
                Its somehow Tulsi's fault that Clinton is publicly calling her a Russian asset? You blame her for invoking "the Clinton machine", and yet its HRC who has kept her finger in the pot, staying active throughout the primary.

The only thing that would really enrage Trump voters is if HRC decided to run again, and that's what HRC herself is threatening. HRC is the one that is endangering the party through her every public appearance. Tulsi needs to smack HRC harder next time it appears. She won't get the hint, she is an anchor, not a buoy.

Tulsi is one of 2 candidates who actually enjoy +10% support from Republicans. I see her making Democrats more appealing to Republicans, not less.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Its somehow Tulsi's fault that Clinton is publicly calling her a Russian asset? You blame her for invoking "the Clinton machine", and yet its HRC who has kept her finger in the pot, staying active throughout the primary.

The only thing that would really enrage Trump voters is if HRC decided to run again, and that's what HRC herself is threatening. HRC is the one that is endangering the party through her every public appearance. Tulsi needs to smack HRC harder next time it appears. She won't get the hint, she is an anchor, not a buoy.

Tulsi is one of 2 candidates who actually enjoy +10% support from Republicans. I see her making Democrats more appealing to Republicans, not less.
                  They both need to go away. Tulsi sucks and her campaign has been DOA from day 1. My implication was that Clinton entering the fray only helps Trump.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Apparently she isn't satisfied with handing only one election to Trump.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have said a million times hrc needs to go away and stay away. Tulsi punching back was totally fair, and well worded and well deserved brutality except when she delusionally suggested hrc is some mastermind pulling strings for proxies running against Tulsi and that the real primary is between Tulsi, who is trailing just about everyone,and hrc, who is not in this race and should never, ever run for public office again. It is crazy talk. Yes, hrc is obviously a narcissist, but Tulsi sure seems like one too with this comment.

Comment

She was doing really great with the brutal counter until the bit where she said this primary was really her vs hrc, suggesting 1. Everyone else is really secretly working for hrc, which is a really malicious bit of fakesl news I am sure the far right will run with and 2. That she can rise up to beat the field of evil hrc proxies and the devil herself if she dares steps from behind the current. It made her sound unhinged, or someone angling for her own conspiracy theory podcast.

Here is the crazy bit:
                        As you've stated, you can't blame tulsi for answering back and I would also forgive her overreaction seeing how egregious hrcs comments were.

As to the accusations of hrc proxies everywhere, well she did have the DNC and Main Stream Media in her pocket for the 2016 election so it's a relevant question or understandable statement.

One thing I've never understood, why is someone who is just defending themselves against an unjust attack somehow diminished if they don't defend themselves in some higher road manner? Imo Gabbard should be allowed leeway and every bit of outrage should be directed at Hillary.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have said a million times hrc needs to go away and stay away. Tulsi punching back was totally fair, and well worded and well deserved brutality except when she delusionally suggested hrc is some mastermind pulling strings for proxies running against Tulsi and that the real primary is between Tulsi, who is trailing just about everyone,and hrc, who is not in this race and should never, ever run for public office again. It is crazy talk. Yes, hrc is obviously a narcissist, but Tulsi sure seems like one too with this comment.
                          First point, I'm pretty sure Tulsi figured out Clinton was the source of the Russian asset rumour before the debate, as she slipped a jab when she mentioned "I don't view any Americans as 'deplorable'"... interesting. She baited HRC into an open attack, and is going to try to use it to gain publicity, and likely popularity.

Clinton has privately met with Warren in the primary. Not saying its nefarious, but she is definitely trying to influence the race.

Clinton's former campaign staffers have been all over the media, pushing anti-progressive narratives, and pushing conspiracy theories like the Russia crap. Every single interview Tulsi's asked the same questions about Modi or Assad, smeared as some kind of warhawk, when she has consistently been the most anti-interventionist candidate (up there with Bernie)... you think that's all an accident? Maybe it's not coordinated, but Tulsi's point is essentially that Hillary is attempting to influence the race in the scummiest ways. She's not wrong.

People hate Clinton so much, I guarantee this helps Tulsi if the media keeps it simmering. Anybody who eviscerates HRC has to get a boost from actual voters, right? Imagine if Tulsi uses HRC as a representative of the bought and paid for political class, and starts pointing out which current campaigns have former Clinton associates... hell, HRC's brilliant strategic thinkers were behind Kamala Harris' laughable appeal to ban Trump from Twitter. I think HRC people are scattered all over.

If 2016 was won purely on the distrust of HRC, then we should do the sure thing. To get rid of Trump, we should emulate Trump. We should put Hillary in jail. Hehe. Only half joking.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            As you've stated, you can't blame tulsi for answering back and I would also forgive her overreaction seeing how egregious hrcs comments were.

As to the accusations of hrc proxies everywhere, well she did have the DNC and Main Stream Media in her pocket for the 2016 election so it's a relevant question or understandable statement.

One thing I've never understood, why is someone who is just defending themselves against an unjust attack somehow diminished if they don't defend themselves in some higher road manner? Imo Gabbard should be allowed leeway and every bit of outrage should be directed at Hillary.
                            I guess I am still not being clear enough. Tulsi can be as brutal as she wants in punching back against hrc. I enjoyed the imagery she used. Well done, bravo, keep it up. It is a public service, really. But her latter comment is a continuation of a victim narrative she has been weaving that just feeds into alt right fantasies. The media is against her. The DNC is against her. The Democratic primaries are rigged. She hasn't been losing to a wide field of opponents. No, this whole time, her real opponent has been the evil one, HRC. These other candidates are just proxies for hrc! War-ren is really secretly in hrc's and her big war machine's pocket. It all makes sense now. That is the only logical reason she is losing. BTW, Sanders faced the real hrc, and had the full weight of her machine against him, and he still did 100 times better than Tulsi is doing against her "proxies." I wonder what her reason/excuse is for that.

She is just giving trump a script to fight Warren or just about any other candidate except Bernie.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-19-2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

First point, I'm pretty sure Tulsi figured out Clinton was the source of the Russian asset rumour before the debate, as she slipped a jab when she mentioned "I don't view any Americans as 'deplorable'"... interesting. She baited HRC into an open attack, and is going to try to use it to gain publicity, and likely popularity.

Clinton has privately met with Warren in the primary. Not saying its nefarious, but she is definitely trying to influence the race.

Clinton's former campaign staffers have been all over the media, pushing anti-progressive narratives, and pushing conspiracy theories like the Russia crap. Every single interview Tulsi's asked the same questions about Modi or Assad, smeared as some kind of warhawk, when she has consistently been the most anti-interventionist candidate (up there with Bernie)... you think that's all an accident? Maybe it's not coordinated, but Tulsi's point is essentially that Hillary is attempting to influence the race in the scummiest ways. She's not wrong.

People hate Clinton so much, I guarantee this helps Tulsi if the media keeps it simmering. Anybody who eviscerates HRC has to get a boost from actual voters, right? Imagine if Tulsi uses HRC as a representative of the bought and paid for political class, and starts pointing out which current campaigns have former Clinton associates... hell, HRC's brilliant strategic thinkers were behind Kamala Harris' laughable appeal to ban Trump from Twitter. I think HRC people are scattered all over.

If 2016 was won purely on the distrust of HRC, then we should do the sure thing. To get rid of Trump, we should emulate Trump. We should put Hillary in jail. Hehe. Only half joking.
                              You make good points about hrc, and I cannot fault tulsi for calling that out, especially after hrc's comments. But to me, embracing the anti HRC strategy you are suggesting, even if it effective for her, is bad for beating trump. If she really starts connecting other candidates to hrc, that is just getting a jump start and adding credibility to a tactic trump wlll use. I don't want trump to win, so that scares me. Many of you guys have said, the only reason trump won was because how much people hate hrc. I do not want tulsi helping trump turn the rest of the field into hrc proxies.

Comment

You make good points about hrc, and I cannot fault tulsi for calling that out, especially after hrc's comments. But to me, embracing the anti HRC strategy you are suggesting, even if it effective for her, is bad for beating trump. If she really starts connecting other candidates to hrc, that is just getting a jump start and adding credibility to a tactic trump wlll use. I don't want trump to win, so that scares me. Many of you guys have said, the only reason trump won was because how much people hate hrc. I do not want tulsi helping trump turn the rest of the field into hrc proxies.
                                This is so bizarre... HRC is directly and blatantly spreading a disgusting smear that Tulsi is a Russian asset. SHE has endangered the primary. Democrats DO NOT want to see HRC involved at all, let alone pulling the strings. But this is what we see, she just won't go away.

So despite the "Russian asset" conspiracy from Clinton, you still think that Tulsi is the one spreading a conspiracy theory? HRC has threatened to jump into the race lately, is that not unwanted interference in the race? She's meeting with Warren behind closed doors, published in every newspaper. You think that won't be used by Trump in the general unless Tulsi debuts the attack? That seems naive. If HRC is the face of the Democrats in 2020, they lose. Tulsi didn't shine that spotlight, HRC did. HRC deserves 100% of the blame here, for interfering where she isn't wanted, in a way that seriously damages the party. These motherfuckers wanna talk about unity?

I wish Bernie could split the difference between his own "Joe is a very good friend of mine" cushioning his blows and Tulsi's ruthlessness.

Comment

Working...
                                X