Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    The heart attack can only help Sanders. Where he was a bit of a disconnected wonk before, this makes him relocatable to the boomer crowd that was more in line with Biden as a safe bet. Sanders is already carrying the youth vote, this should shore up his appeal to elderly voters.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• LOL. Get better, Bernie!

Comment

• Another key battleground state with the top Dem contenders all besting the temporary inhabitant of the WH:

Code:
        Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	FOX News	Biden 48, Trump 39	Biden +9
        Wisconsin: Trump vs. Warren	FOX News	Warren 45, Trump 41	Warren +4
        Wisconsin: Trump vs. Sanders	FOX News	Sanders 45, Trump 40	Sanders +5

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Another key battleground state with the top Dem contenders all besting the temporary inhabitant of the WH:

Code:
          Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	FOX News	Biden 48, Trump 39	Biden +9
          Wisconsin: Trump vs. Warren	FOX News	Warren 45, Trump 41	Warren +4
          Wisconsin: Trump vs. Sanders	FOX News	Sanders 45, Trump 40	Sanders +5

Comment

• Yep, America knew it was bad, so hid it in polls, but they were willing to elect a racist, misogynist, narcissistic wannabe despot before. But now some of those people may realize that watching their country become an international disgrace, and seeing the affects doing it has had on this country, I doubt it will happen again. And, of course, there is also the fact that I doubt anyone who wins the Dem nom will be as hated as HRC was, or as inept at running a campaign. She got millions more votes than Trump, but Billy Bucknered the election by focusing on the wrong messages and the wrong states. It won't happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Yep, America knew it was bad, so hid it in polls, but they were willing to elect a racist, misogynist, narcissistic wannabe despot before. But now some of those people may realize that watching their country become an international disgrace, and seeing the affects doing it has had on this country, I doubt it will happen again. And, of course, there is also the fact that I doubt anyone who wins the Dem nom will be as hated as HRC was, or as inept at running a campaign. She got millions more votes than Trump, but Billy Bucknered the election by focusing on the wrong messages and the wrong states. It won't happen again.
              Or, she got screwed by an antiquated system that favored her opponent.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Or, she got screwed by an antiquated system that favored her opponent.
                Well, I always thought the EC was antiquated, but after a loss, it is just excuse making. I do hope it changes one day, and it obviously both favors Repubs and makes it so all votes are not equal, but HRC could have still won that election, even with the dumb EC rules, and she didn't. Part of my will always blame her for it. the rules favored her opponent, but she knew it and she didn't play the game right. This time, whoever the nom is will be more battle tested and I'd hope will learn from her mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Well, I always thought the EC was antiquated, but after a loss, it is just excuse making. I do hope it changes one day, and it obviously both favors Repubs and makes it so all votes are not equal, but HRC could have still won that election, even with the dumb EC rules, and she didn't. Part of my will always blame her for it. the rules favored her opponent, but she knew it and she didn't play the game right. This time, whoever the nom is will be more battle tested and I'd hope will learn from her mistakes.
                  Yea, I wasn't trying to excuse her ineptitude or her hubris, but it's still ridiculous that we allow some votes to count more than others...and deny DC residents any votes whatsoever.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Yea, I wasn't trying to excuse her ineptitude or her hubris, but it's still ridiculous that we allow some votes to count more than others...and deny DC residents any votes whatsoever.
                    Indeed. It was ridiculous well before 2016. But as long as it favors one side and not the other, that side will never vote to fix it.

Comment

• You must be a great gambler. After all, if one 100-1 shot wins, then they all have a real shot, right?

Comment

• I like seeing Bernie winning on the issues. From a CNN poll conducted Sept. 22-26, they asked "regardless of who you may support, which Democratic candidate for President do you think can best handle (INSERT ITEM)?"

Health care: Sanders 32, Biden 25, Warren 17
                        The Climate Crisis: Sanders 24, Biden 20, Warren 15
                        Gun Policy: Sanders 21, Biden 17, Warren 15
                        The Economy: Sanders 24, Biden 22, Warren 18
                        Immigration: Sanders 21, Biden 20, Warren 15

I've seen this consistently in the polls. Especially big advantage for Bernie on health care, as he's now the last unequivocal advocate of Medicare For All, I expect that gap to widen.

I reconsidered where Sanders' supporters would go if he dropped out for health reasons. I think it would be huge for Andrew Yang more than Warren, but it would also somewhat depend on how quickly Bernie himself made an endorsement. I think Bernie will be fine, but the vocals will determine the narrative on his health. If he comes out with a booming voice, he has a shot. If he sounds unwell at all, the media will attempt to bury him. I think Bernie supporters would vote for him in a coma, but you need to attract new voters, continue the momentum of the Q3 fundraising numbers and build a base from the working class. Ro Khanna repeated what I've been saying the other day, that Bernie's path is clearly to win over Biden supporters as he continues to fall. Mentioned Bernie has the most 2nd choice support for Biden voters, and also that Warren's surge has come largely at the expense of Kamala Harris.

There's still a path, but he needs to put on a strong performance in the next debate, because he wins on the issues.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• So polls matter now?
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

So polls matter now?
                            They're starting to matter a bit more. I said months ago that the polls wouldn't start to matter until after around October. Now I believe the 5th debate in November will be even more crucial, as we could see the field narrow from 12 down to 7 or 8 as the requirements to qualify get tougher.

I prefer talking about issues rather than polling, but nobody around here gives much of a shit, so I give in. Horserace it is.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This fan-made Bernie 2020 ad has been on fire on lefty media. Posted 4 days ago on YouTube, 3 days ago on Twitter with 6.3 Mil views.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                This fan-made Bernie 2020 ad has been on fire on lefty media. Posted 4 days ago on YouTube, 3 days ago on Twitter with 6.3 Mil views.

MSNBC and the DNC really don't like Bernie. I wonder why ?
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X