Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Ken. What in the fuck about that response offends your sensibilities? You literally want the moderator of the board to never comment on your posts again?

Is this all the board is going to be now, just people airing grievances? Throwing this tantrum over a non-inflammatory post is pathetic. Grow up and move on.
    It's OK Jesse, Ken and I have a history. I can handle this on my own.

Thanks
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ken. What in the fuck about that response offends your sensibilities?
      I'm a sensitive guy
      Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 08-27-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• So GITH just editted my post??????????????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          So GITH just editted my post??????????????????????
          Yes I did, keep our personal shit off of this site.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Yes I did, keep our personal shit off of this site.
            Hope you enjoyed your mod rights when you had them, bye!

Comment

So, I'm not the biggest fan of the Monmouth poll, but it was pretty big news among progressives today. Sanders 20, Warren 20, Biden 19, Harris 8.

Trendline look incredibly good for Warren and Sanders, awful for Biden. I'll run the numbers from Jan, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug.

Sanders 16-25-20-15-14-20 (+6)
              Warren 8-8-6-10-15-20 (+5)
              Biden 29-28-27-33-32-19 (-13)

How are you feeling about that avatar bet, revo? I can hardly remember the criteria. Did I say Biden would finish 3rd or lower?

His inability to form sentences, remember basic facts, speak coherently, and generally not look foolish have to concern any supporter. That's not even accounting for the "gaffes". I was digging back in the thread and saw a smart post from frae regarding Biden's polling "a mile wide and an inch deep", posted early June.
              As B-Fly just posted, another quality poll just had Biden up 13. No worries here.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                As B-Fly just posted, another quality poll just had Biden up 13. No worries here.
                Yep, only 10 more debates to showcase Biden's failing cognitive abilities, mumbling and stumbling through all of the policies voters don't align with. Have you watched him speaking lately? He is not well, and I doubt he even makes it onto the ballot at this point. When his failing health is the big concern AND he's fallen to a clear 3rd or 4th, then the electability argument is gone, he leaves the race to avoid embarrassing himself further. His ego is pretty massive, so it will take some massive blunders, but I've been taking notes. Biden is toast, it's just a question of timing. His family and advisers need to step in.

I remember saying early on that polls wouldn't start to mean anything until after the Sept debate (climate change town hall will be a big Bernie boost as well). But even mainstream media poll watchers are extremely concerned for Biden.

Final question, does the report that Obama told Biden "you dont have to do this" bother you at all? Obama is being embarrassed routinely, and has some pretty strong political acumen and doesnt endorse Biden.

Just the other day Biden went on a confusing rant asking a crowd to imagine if Obama was assassinated, then talking about when he was in school, and all the protests, and on and on, rambling, unable to make any coherent point.... He's lost more than a couple of steps, and if he's the nominee... he... will... lose. Trump will wreck him and his senile issues, he has zero sympathy.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Tomorrow is the cutoff for making it onto the 3rd debate stage. Only Tulsi Gabbard and Tom Steyer have a shot at making it. I know Steyer had 3/4 polls yesterday, Tulsi had 2/4, but I think Tulsi got her 3rd today with the new Emerson Poll. Both candidates could miss the cutoff for the 3rd debate, but still make it back onto stage for debate #4.

Gabbard's exclusion sucks. I hope she makes it, at least into the 4th debate. Bernie has very little room to critique the others without media backlash, so he needs an attack dog like Tulsi.

Edit to add: current group is 10, meaning 1 debate night, not 2. If Steyer or Gabbard make it, they divide randomly into 2 nights.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Edit to add: current group is 10, meaning 1 debate night, not 2. If Steyer or Gabbard make it, they divide randomly into 2 nights.
                    Having Gabbard and Steyer not make the requirements migth just be the best thing to happen. It will give one stage for the 10, and hopefully cull the field by a few more, even if Gabbard or Steyer come back in the fourth debate, at least the winnowing would continue.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      Having Gabbard and Steyer not make the requirements migth just be the best thing to happen. It will give one stage for the 10, and hopefully cull the field by a few more, even if Gabbard or Steyer come back in the fourth debate, at least the winnowing would continue.
                      Now that the Hickenloopers and Delaneys are gone, I would prefer 2 debate nights with 5-6 candidates each night, to allow more in-depth discussions.

Comment

Now that the Hickenloopers and Delaneys are gone, I would prefer 2 debate nights with 5-6 candidates each night, to allow more in-depth discussions.
                        I see that as well, but I feel like some of the lower polling candidates haven't had the chance to make in-roads against Warren, Bernie and Biden. Give them a chance to all be on the same stage.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Hope you enjoyed your mod rights when you had them, bye!
                          you are such a bitter little man, I feel for your family....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            you are such a bitter little man, I feel for your family....
                            Thanks for thinking of my family Bob, its 11 PM here if things and if dont change in the next couple hours we are likely going to take my youngest to the ER at 1, her stomach is distended yet again causing extreme pain, and she can't pass anything normally (well she hasn't had a solid stool her whole life due to her condition). For the last several weeks we have been getting up every couple hours in the night to check on her - most of the time she has soiled her bedding because she has no control over it for the last 3 weeks. We think she may have another blockage, which she had at 3 days old right after birth and had surgery to remove 2/3 of her large intestine. This will be the 4th time this year to go to the ER. We gave her an enema and a suppository already and hoping we aren't causing more harm than good. Sometimes that causes it to pass, and sometimes it causes more pressure which is even worse. I have Friday and Monday off so hopefully this time I can spend more time with her, rushing off to work each morning and then rushing back as soon as I'm done with work ( because I have no PTO left ), while she is still checked into the hospital is one of the hardest things to do as a parent. It fills me with a lot of guilt thinking I should try harder to find a better job where I can have more time off.

She's so smart, she's already reading, and she's just starting kindergarten this month, and it breaks my heart to see her already missing classes. If she can get the teaching she needs she could do well, she's a lot smarter than I was at that age, that's for sure. We are filling out a 104 form for her for school so that she can be excused from certain activities and get up to go to the bathroom when she needs to. She is the most unique kid I can imagine, she has this disease but it doesn't phase her she just keeps on trucking - she's so much better at that than I am. Thank goodness she was born with the ability to handle that without it phasing her, my other daughter is much more sensitive and if you switched their personalities it would be even worse.

I'm sure everyone has an excuse for their stress, we all live hectic lives. Trying to keep the 5 year old out of the hospital is my lame excuse but I know others have it worse off (we pass the cancer part of the childrens hospital every time we go so I see it first hand). And then there's the guy down the street with the daughter in my kids' school who shot himself last week after getting caught posting inappropriate pics of his daughters online (both under 6) - can you imagine being in HIS family.

But regardless, you are unequivocally right, my family does deserve better than me. A LOT better. I love them to death, and they deserve a lot better. I do appreciate you thinking about them, and thanks for mentioning them.

Comment

• ... and we're off, she just woke up throwing up. Wish me luck, headed to the ER

Comment

Thanks for thinking of my family Bob, its 11 PM here if things and if dont change in the next couple hours we are likely going to take my youngest to the ER at 1, her stomach is distended yet again causing extreme pain, and she can't pass anything normally (well she hasn't had a solid stool her whole life due to her condition). For the last several weeks we have been getting up every couple hours in the night to check on her - most of the time she has soiled her bedding because she has no control over it for the last 3 weeks. We think she may have another blockage, which she had at 3 days old right after birth and had surgery to remove 2/3 of her large intestine. This will be the 4th time this year to go to the ER. We gave her an enema and a suppository already and hoping we aren't causing more harm than good. Sometimes that causes it to pass, and sometimes it causes more pressure which is even worse. I have Friday and Monday off so hopefully this time I can spend more time with her, rushing off to work each morning and then rushing back as soon as I'm done with work ( because I have no PTO left ), while she is still checked into the hospital is one of the hardest things to do as a parent. It fills me with a lot of guilt thinking I should try harder to find a better job where I can have more time off.

She's so smart, she's already reading, and she's just starting kindergarten this month, and it breaks my heart to see her already missing classes. If she can get the teaching she needs she could do well, she's a lot smarter than I was at that age, that's for sure. We are filling out a 104 form for her for school so that she can be excused from certain activities and get up to go to the bathroom when she needs to. She is the most unique kid I can imagine, she has this disease but it doesn't phase her she just keeps on trucking - she's so much better at that than I am. Thank goodness she was born with the ability to handle that without it phasing her, my other daughter is much more sensitive and if you switched their personalities it would be even worse.

I'm sure everyone has an excuse for their stress, we all live hectic lives. Trying to keep the 5 year old out of the hospital is my lame excuse but I know others have it worse off (we pass the cancer part of the childrens hospital every time we go so I see it first hand). And then there's the guy down the street with the daughter in my kids' school who shot himself last week after getting caught posting inappropriate pics of his daughters online (both under 6) - can you imagine being in HIS family.

But regardless, you are unequivocally right, my family does deserve better than me. A LOT better. I love them to death, and they deserve a lot better. I do appreciate you thinking about them, and thanks for mentioning them.
                                wow...
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X