No announcement yet.

Gun violence epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans just sent out fundraisers and mailers referring to teachers as "groomers" and saying that we "need to defend our kids" from education about LGBTQ issues. This happened after the Uvalde massacre. Unreal.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I just was curious so I read some Breitbart comments. Did you know that George Soros, the FBI and CIA were all behind this as a way to pass more gun control legislation that never gets passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        I just was curious so I read some Breitbart comments. Did you know that George Soros, the FBI and CIA were all behind this as a way to pass more gun control legislation that never gets passed?
        I'd say you are now on a watch list that goes directly to George Soros, but one of those Breitbart commentators might see it and try to recruit me as a fellow red pill taker. But really, all of those people should be on a watch list.

Comment

• The Texas cops in their press conference are trying to blame a teacher. I just can't anymore.....fuck these people.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Texas Department of Public Safety director: "If I thought it would help, I would apologize" to the families.

Official just said they thought they didn't have to breach the classroom because "there was no one alive in there". During this timeframe when they supposedly thought no one was alive, there were multiple frantic 911 calls coming from within the building, including one from one of the children.

My god.

Comment

• The death toll rose by 1 more yesterday, after the husband of one of the slain teachers died of a heart attack.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...hool-shooting/

The husband of one of the slain Uvalde teachers died of a heart attack Thursday, two days after the school shooting that also killed another teacher and 19 children.

In a tweet, a family member confirmed that Joe Garcia, Irma Garcia’s husband of 24 years, “passed away due to grief.” They were high school sweethearts and parents to four children.
              Imagine losing your high school sweetheart and mother of your 4 kids, with police refusing to help. Unwilling to apologize.

Fuck the police.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Here's an idea--If politicians and people of influence who support unfettered gun access/ownership...why don't we force them to live in the reality they create/support.

End ALL security details for those people, make their kids go to schools with one resource officer rather than with a security detail, make them shop in stores without bodyguards--make them as 'soft' a target as they've made everyone else.

If they were as easy for a gunman to get to as the rest of us, I'd wager more of them would be amenable to enacting more efficient and applicable gun reform.

PS. One of the Fathers who lost his child in this massacre is also a Uvalde Cop. He has come out in favor of gun reform/control. I've always thought--once a thing happens to you, your perception of it could change. Sad that it sometimes takes personal tragedy for that to happen.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• These fucking guys.

Saying they couldn't storm the shooter because they didn't have tactical gear, snipers and other necessary equipment.

So 2 dozen trained law informant officers can't stop a lone gunman, but they expect elementary school teachers to be able to do so?

I'd ask how ANY rational individual could ignore/not grasp the absurdity of that idea, but then there are people in this country who think DC Pizza is made out of children trafficked by Soros.

Fuck em All.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• An eleven year old girl spread her (now deceased) friend's blood on her own body, trying to pretend she was dead even as she suffered from multiple bullet fragments in her back. She lay there for a *minimum* of 40 minutes as police failed to breach and physically attacked parents outside. As an even more horrific aside, the friend whose blood she used was actually barely alive at the scene and was taken to the hospital after the interminable delay by police, where she died after bleeding on the school ground for more than an hour. Would the friend have been saved with competent policework? I guess we will never know.

Comment

• I was wrong earlier when I referred to only one 911 call from children.

Student calls to 911:
                      12:03—whispered she's in room 112
                      12:10—said multiple dead
                      12:13—called again
                      12:16—says 8-9 students alive
                      12:19—student calls from room 111
                      12:21—3 shots heard on call
                      12:36—another call
                      12:43—asks for police
                      12:47—asks for police

19 officers were inside the building the whole time. Dozens more outside, assaulting the parents as they panicked over the safety of their children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        I was wrong earlier when I referred to only one 911 call from children.

Student calls to 911:
                        12:03—whispered she's in room 112
                        12:10—said multiple dead
                        12:13—called again
                        12:16—says 8-9 students alive
                        12:19—student calls from room 111
                        12:21—3 shots heard on call
                        12:36—another call
                        12:43—asks for police
                        12:47—asks for police

19 officers were inside the building the whole time. Dozens more outside, assaulting the parents as they panicked over the safety of their children.
                        And yet one of the reasons the Police commander gave as to why they didn't storm the gunman was: we thought everyone was dead already.

Fucking lying cowards.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It's horrifying. Super sad. And blows every pro-gun argument out of the water. And frankly, a lot of the pro-police ones.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            It's horrifying. Super sad. And blows every pro-gun argument out of the water. And frankly, a lot of the pro-police ones.
                            You're from Texas as I once was (you more recently) Do you think this thing moves the needle there or will it be 'business as usual' amongst the population (not the politicians)

You too Ken, if you'd like to share....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              You're from Texas as I once was (you more recently) Do you think this thing moves the needle there or will it be 'business as usual' amongst the population (not the politicians)

Depends on what you mean by "the population". Almost everyone I know feels pretty much the same as those who have posted on this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I honestly don't know.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X