Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the heat View Post
    Why would anyone propose such a bill?

The last thing I'd want to see is people carrying guns in public (grocery store).
    I'm told it's in case a corrupt government is installed and needs to be overthrown.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I'm told it's in case a corrupt government is installed and needs to be overthrown.
      I hear this a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
        I hear this a lot.
        These are the same people who have no issues with the government spending trillions on defense. A defense that's supposed to be strong enough to defend us from the rest of the world. But their AK is going to allow them to take out this same mighty government defense......
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          These are the same people who have no issues with the government spending trillions on defense. A defense that's supposed to be strong enough to defend us from the rest of the world. But their AK is going to allow them to take out this same mighty government defense......
          This is me playing devil's advocate, but...

1) a very lightly armed mob came very close to taking over the U.S. Capitol a mere three months ago
          2) Look at guerrilla armies like the Taliban or, older, the Viet Cong, and see how they at least somewhat successfully fought a superpower army. Or less realistically, they're thinking of Red Dawn.

They also believe that a large portion of the manly warrior class in the US will support them and that the effete coastal liberal class will crumble when confronted with John Wayne.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            This is me playing devil's advocate, but...

1) a very lightly armed mob came very close to taking over the U.S. Capitol a mere three months ago
            2) Look at guerrilla armies like the Taliban or, older, the Viet Cong, and see how they at least somewhat successfully fought a superpower army. Or less realistically, they're thinking of Red Dawn.

They also believe that a large portion of the manly warrior class in the US will support them and that the effete coastal liberal class will crumble when confronted with John Wayne.
            I agree with the assertion that if they enlist the military they would have a chance, but that's not what I said. They alone could not be effective in overthrowing the federal government.

As for Jan 6th, it was as effective as it was because some in power were complicit in making it easier to happen and once it was happening drug their feet in ending it.

So yes, if they are helped by like minded people who have positions in the government or military, they have a chance to do some damage. Which is why should an investigation find that anyone in office or with a sworn duty to protect this country or its citizens were indeed involved, they should be indicted, tried, convicted and locked away in gitmo with the other enemies of the state.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Nobody should be locked away in Gitmo. Locked away, sure. But the purpose of Gitmo is to be able to evade constitutional protections and oversight of courts, and that is wrong.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Nobody should be locked away in Gitmo. Locked away, sure. But the purpose of Gitmo is to be able to evade constitutional protections and oversight of courts, and that is wrong.
                Ahh, I did not know that--Leavenworth?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• A recent incident at a Pittsburgh area mall really shows how accustomed that everyone has become to gun violence. When two groups of teens had a loud confrontation at the food court and someone accidentally knocked over a large metal sign to cause a loud banging noise the entire food court quickly emptied out with people running for their lives.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    A recent incident at a Pittsburgh area mall really shows how accustomed that everyone has become to gun violence. When two groups of teens had a loud confrontation at the food court and someone accidentally knocked over a large metal sign to cause a loud banging noise the entire food court quickly emptied out with people running for their lives.
                    And a reverse of this, but the same idea, was a recent shooting in Lubbock TX. A disgruntled father came to get his kids from his ex-wife, he was gunned down by her new boyfriend, and the new wife filmed it all and no one reacted at all. Very bizarre.

Comment

• So, do conservatives think this is the safest gym around? Or is it a little, you know, different because of, you know, well.....

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• It's sadly telling that we've become so accustomed to gun violence that we've even stopped postings about it in here.

The Buffalo shooting and today's shooting of 14 elementary students in Texas plus others (only 2 confirmed dead so far) illicit a shake of the head and an Oh Well because we know--Not a damn thing will be done to change the situation.

Hold your loved ones close and cross your fingers this shit never happens to you or yours.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• 14 children dead.

Children.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              14 children dead.

Children.
                              Confirmed, plus a teacher and the gunman--some 18 year old was the shooter--What's with all these kids and guns? Buffalo shooter was 18, the kid in Michigan (Crumbly?) Rittenhouse was under 18 (I believe) Are our youth being radicalized like we've seen other kids in other parts of the world being turned into killing machines?

I just don't get why the right to own a gun trumps the right to see your child grow up. Nor do I understand why so many people agree with that reality.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• 20 children and 3 adults dead. It's a second to fourth grade campus. My heart is broken.

Edit: some places are saying 18 children and 1 teacher.
                                Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 05-24-2022, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X