Warriors faltering, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors faltering, but...

...what the heck is happening in the Western Conference? Can anyone take advantage? I can't seriously imagine that the Trailblazers are the best the conference will have to offer in terms of challenging the Warriors in the playoffs, but they're the only Western Conference team that has looked good on the season-to-date. I actually like the top five teams in the East (Toronto, Milwaukee, Indiana, Philadelphia and Boston) better than any team in the west other than the Warriors right now. At least Houston has won four straight and seven out of ten and may be poised to get back to an approximation of what they were last year, and the Thunder could make some real noise, but overall there's just a lot of disappointment with the play/consistency of the Western teams so far.

It's been a weird season so far. It's hard to imagine the Warriors not getting it together and winning it all again -- they're still massive favorites unless someone is hurt going into the playoffs or the culture has gotten completely poisonous (mixed reports on that). I like the Nuggets -- not to win the West, but they're exciting and capable of outscoring anyone on a given night. They need more depth and defense but getting Barton back will help a lot. Very surprised by the Grizzlies and have to think they recede a bit. Ditto on the Clippers. The Rockets will continue to improve, as will the Jazz. We're only one fifth of the way in so things should even out but I do agree that the Thunder are an interesting team to watch.

Comment

Here come James Harden and the Rockets. The Beard is on another planet of late. Meanwhile, the Nuggets and Thunder are still looking very good and, to paraphrase Mark Twain, the reports of the Spurs death have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

The Rockets are surging, and so are the Spurs, Jazz and Clippers, while the Warriors continue to look very beatable, although it's probably just a classic rope-a-dope. Amazing given how badly they started the season that the Rockets at this pace could still conceivably pass Denver and/or Golden State.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          The Rockets are surging, and so are the Spurs, Jazz and Clippers, while the Warriors continue to look very beatable, although it's probably just a classic rope-a-dope. Amazing given how badly they started the season that the Rockets at this pace could still conceivably pass Denver and/or Golden State.
          I've been wondering where you were.......you've been hiding in the Basketball forum!!
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            I've been wondering where you were.......you've been hiding in the Basketball forum!!
            LOL. Yeah, I'm popping into Baseball now that draft season has started, but the rest of the year I'm in Basketball or Hot Topics.

Comment

Last night's Clippers comeback and Cousins injury -- most important game of the 2019 NBA post-season, or a footnote in another Warriors' championship run?

Comment

The Warriors add fuel to the "get off my lawn" crowd not respecting today's NBA.

blowing a 31-point lead in the middle of the third quarter? as a 1 seed and prohibitive favorite to win it all? nothing close to it has ever happened before.

it's amazing that there probably isn't one Warriors ticket buyer in all of San Francisco who will say, "Look, if you get beat, you get beat. But when you don't give a shit to that level, I want my money back."

that is one hell of a brainwashing.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  The Warriors add fuel to the "get off my lawn" crowd not respecting today's NBA.

blowing a 31-point lead in the middle of the third quarter? as a 1 seed and prohibitive favorite to win it all? nothing close to it has ever happened before.

it's amazing that there probably isn't one Warriors ticket buyer in all of San Francisco who will say, "Look, if you get beat, you get beat. But when you don't give a shit to that level, I want my money back."

that is one hell of a brainwashing.
                  Why would you think there isn't one Warriors ticket buyer who would say that? Not that the Warriors now (or thirty years ago) would have ever refunded fans' money for a crap showing, but I'm sure there are lots of fans reacting that way. I didn't watch the game since it was on too late, but the Sixers' fans booing of their team during the Game 1 loss to the Nets was pretty extreme, so I don't think NBA fans in general are brainwashed into accepting underperformance by their team.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Last night's Clippers comeback and Cousins injury -- most important game of the 2019 NBA post-season, or a footnote in another Warriors' championship run?
                    I'm pretty sure that game 2 between the sixers and nets was the most important game of the 2019 NBA post-season... Sixers were cooked if they lost that one...
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that game 2 between the sixers and nets was the most important game of the 2019 NBA post-season... Sixers were cooked if they lost that one...
                      I'd nominate game 1 between the Sixers and Nets myself, LOL.

Thursday night in Brooklyn!

Comment

Working...
                      X