Thread: Warriors faltering, but...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Warriors faltering, but...

...what the heck is happening in the Western Conference? Can anyone take advantage? I can't seriously imagine that the Trailblazers are the best the conference will have to offer in terms of challenging the Warriors in the playoffs, but they're the only Western Conference team that has looked good on the season-to-date. I actually like the top five teams in the East (Toronto, Milwaukee, Indiana, Philadelphia and Boston) better than any team in the west other than the Warriors right now. At least Houston has won four straight and seven out of ten and may be poised to get back to an approximation of what they were last year, and the Thunder could make some real noise, but overall there's just a lot of disappointment with the play/consistency of the Western teams so far.

It's been a weird season so far. It's hard to imagine the Warriors not getting it together and winning it all again -- they're still massive favorites unless someone is hurt going into the playoffs or the culture has gotten completely poisonous (mixed reports on that). I like the Nuggets -- not to win the West, but they're exciting and capable of outscoring anyone on a given night. They need more depth and defense but getting Barton back will help a lot. Very surprised by the Grizzlies and have to think they recede a bit. Ditto on the Clippers. The Rockets will continue to improve, as will the Jazz. We're only one fifth of the way in so things should even out but I do agree that the Thunder are an interesting team to watch.

Here come James Harden and the Rockets. The Beard is on another planet of late. Meanwhile, the Nuggets and Thunder are still looking very good and, to paraphrase Mark Twain, the reports of the Spurs death have been greatly exaggerated.