Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parallel universes

Parallel universes

i saw a decent netflix original movie called Parallels (2015)..it's like the show Sliders. i guess they are going to make a TV show maybe. where there's a same building in every world that travels to another universe if you're inside. it's not bad.

i've been thinking about multiple universe lately. Bell's Theorem is like the elephant in the room. where entangled particles can exchange information instantaneously over large distances that seem faster than light. i guess what they say is 3 possibilities. that the universe is deterministic with no freewill. or we're just not able to solve whats going on. or the particles are using wormholes to go around general relativity and the speed of light. or they are are able to travel backward in time. or there are multiple universes where all possibilities happen.

if entangled particles are using wormholes, i saw something that wondered if virtual particles or superposition or quantum particles from a parallel universe are using white holes to appear in this universe. and there is just one giant wave function.

i guess the question is why would entangled particles need to perform a spooky action at a distance? what benefit do they get from it. and if they are using wormholes or time traveling or going to and from another universe, it might be possible to do it ourselves if we could put ourselves into a quantum state.

i am not really that knowledgeable about Bells Theorem or Quantum mechanics. so it's hard to separate the science from science fiction here.

Double-A
    Hmm, I thought I was finally going to have Steve and Steve 2.0 explained to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Hmm, I thought I was finally going to have Steve and Steve 2.0 explained to me.
    They are both the same and different at the same time. It's some kind of quantum entanglement.

Double-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    They are both the same and different at the same time. It's some kind of quantum entanglement.
    I think Quantum Entanglement has a new album coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I think Quantum Entanglement has a new album coming out.
    Only in universes 8,12,15,22 & 42 is what I heard.

Hall of Famer
    Do parallel universes have different dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Different infinities in each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    yes, but they are perpendicular
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

every universe probably has higher dimensions, yes. to understand it helps to look at perspectives at lower dimensions. perhaps google Edwin A. Abbott's 1884 novel, Flatland. whether or not there are higher dimensions in our world.. who knows. string theory has 10 or more. but they can also be rolled up on themselves, essentially doing nothing. or they can act as wormholes. and also general relativity combines with quantum mechanics in higher dimensions. or gravity combines with the electro-weak force. but that's cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    essentially doing nothing.
    I'm a HIGHER dimension!