No announcement yet.

Parallel universes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes i wonder if having a baby is like creating a new universe. for example, two universes bump into each other and the energy produces a new one. and the genes or things or physical laws from the parent universes are influences.

Comment

Along these lines, the new Black Mirror episode, Bandersnatch, is awesome
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

this article is some pretty dry shit. and i didn't understand the majority of it. i read the author a lot, and there are really only a few scientific journalists out there doing this. but a couple of the paragraphs caught my eye. actually the real gems in these sort of things are the side articles.

The same codes needed to thwart errors in quantum computers may also give the fabric of space-time its intrinsic robustness.

How Space and Time Could Be a Quantum Error-Correcting Code. The same codes needed to thwart errors in quantum computers may also give the fabric of space-time its intrinsic robustness.
        powerful as Einstein’s theory is, physicists believe gravity must have a deeper, quantum origin from which the semblance of a space-time fabric somehow emerges....Everything traces back to black holes,” said Almheiri, who is now at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey. These paradox-ridden places are where gravity reaches its zenith and Einstein’s general relativity theory fails. The language of quantum error correction has provided a new way of describing black holes. The presence of a black hole is defined by “the breakdown of correctability..The issue may relate to cosmology and the birth of the universe, since expansion out of a Big Bang singularity is much like gravitational collapse into a black hole in reverse...It’s really entanglement which is holding the space together, he said. If you want to weave space-time together out of little pieces, you have to entangle them
        i don't believe the universe is holographic. or that we are holograms if that even matters. or the universe is literally made of math. but i think they are useful tools to describe it.

entanglement is certainly the elephant in the room.
        Last edited by ; 01-04-2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          this article is some pretty dry shit. and i didn't understand the majority of it. i read the author a lot, and there are really only a few scientific journalists out there doing this. but a couple of the paragraphs caught my eye. actually the real gems in these sort of things are the side articles.

The same codes needed to thwart errors in quantum computers may also give the fabric of space-time its intrinsic robustness.

How Space and Time Could Be a Quantum Error-Correcting Code. The same codes needed to thwart errors in quantum computers may also give the fabric of space-time its intrinsic robustness.i don't believe the universe is holographic. or that we are holograms if that even matters. or the universe is literally made of math. but i think they are useful tools to describe it.

entanglement is certainly the elephant in the room.
          Science describing God's handiwork.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Comment

Working...
          X